IGNORED

Twine

Mark barton

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Far from wanting to defend Ian but surely you can’t expect him to foresee injury recurrences !

He obviously expected that he could confidently predict Twine’s return. He has decided to present himself as an “in the know” expert - nobody forced him into that role. He therefore needs to take the consequences and flak that comes to it. Confidently stating anything at all with an injury is a foolish endeavour and he chose to do it.

• Like 5

I think we are playing a blinder, Twine wants to be here next season, so out half the season with injury, Burnley will be paying us to take him at this rate

Before I get jumped on its not really a serious comment that its intentional, but could work out for us, if we fully understand the injury

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I think we are playing a blinder, Twine wants to be here next season, so out half the season with injury, Burnley will be paying us to take him at this rate

Before I get jumped on its not really a serious comment that its intentional, but could work out for us, if we fully understand the injury

It will be irrelevant if Burnley go down, which it looks like they will, they’ll want Twine for next season. Especially with Brownhill ooc

38 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Far from wanting to defend Ian but surely you can’t expect him to foresee injury recurrences !

It’s probably better that his source (Tins?) isn’t so bullish about when players are gonna return then.  And upon receipt of that info, Ian shouldn’t be so keen to plaster it straight on Twitter to brag that he’s now “in with the in-crowd”.  Some thought as to the sensitivity of the info wouldn’t go amiss.

You’ve had some ITK stuff in the past Dave, iirc re Kalas signing perm.  Your first thought want to put in on OTIB to show how ITK you were in that was it?

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

Just now, George Rs said:

It will be irrelevant if Burnley go down, which it looks like they will, they’ll want Twine for next season. Especially with Brownhill ooc

Not necessarily if they think he is injury prone, or they may have designs on alternative players with the massive parachute payment slush fund and money from Brownhill if as you say they sell him.

I am not convinced as some on here that he will be going back, although will agree Burnley going down would make it more likely, but they were prepared to sell in January window knowing they may go down.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s probably better that his source (Tins?) isn’t so bullish about when players are gonna return then.  And upon receipt of that info, Ian shouldn’t be so keen to plaster it straight on Twitter to brag that he’s now “in with the in-crowd”.  Some thought as to the sensitivity of the info wouldn’t go amiss.

You’ve had some ITK stuff in the past Dave, iirc re Kalas signing perm.  Your first thought want to put in on OTIB to show how ITK you were in that was it?

No I agree with that.  Ian and thoughtful isn’t a good match!  The difference between Ian and most of us is that he’s incredibly insecure.  And knowing my luck if I’d announced it then it would have fallen through and I’d get the normal 3-4 that love giving me abuse on my back again! 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Then we sign the Synt and he does an O’Dowda. 

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not necessarily if they think he is injury prone, or they may have designs on alternative players with the massive parachute payment slush fund and money from Brownhill if as you say they sell him.

I am not convinced as some on here that he will be going back, although will agree Burnley going down would make it more likely, but they were prepared to sell in January window knowing they may go down.

£5 million. No chance he is here next season.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

No I agree with that.  Ian and thoughtful isn’t a good match!  The difference between Ian and most of us is that he’s incredibly insecure.  And knowing my luck if I’d announced it then it would have fallen through and I’d get the normal 3-4 that love giving me abuse on my back again! 

It’s alot more than 3-4 surely?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I agree at that price, but remains to be seen if Burnley need him or not

Wouldn’t be anywhere near 5 million, and I really can’t see why they would need him, they have about 6 players ahead of him plus no doubt they will spend more when they get relegated, pretty sure he would be available for about 3 million!! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

£5 million. No chance he is here next season.

Regardless of price… would he even want to be here next season? He’s probably got a bit of real ambition in him which he may not see as be aligned with Bristol City, especially now that he’s had a look at the chaos from the inside.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, spudski said:

I'd be very surprised if we see Twine again this season, even if a scan shows he's healed. 

'Still feeling a twinge boss'...

you are thinking along the same lines as me spud, more cosy sat on the sidelines in your thermal togs than out on the pitch getting soaked,blown to bits and freezing your tits off because the play is so slow

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is a huge shame, as I really wanted to see what Twine can do, as he is a player (when fit) who can add something different to the team. We saw glimpses of that. I hope he gets fit soon, though it seems we are a few weeks away. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FNQ said:

Regardless of price… would he even want to be here next season? He’s probably got a bit of real ambition in him which he may not see as be aligned with Bristol City, especially now that he’s had a look at the chaos from the inside.

Especially if he is here for Manning. 

• Like 1