IGNORED

Twine

Mark barton

Noticed still not fit enough for match day squad, talking to a burnley mate who stated his availability recorded not the best. They spent 4 mil on Twine and will want their money back. Even at 3 mil can we afford to spend 3 mil on a player who has already missed a few games for us? We already of a recent history of players who have struggled with injury.

• Facepalm 4

4 minutes ago, Mark barton said:

Noticed still not fit enough for match day squad, talking to a burnley mate who stated his availability recorded not the best. They spent 4 mil on Twine and will want their money back. Even at 3 mil can we afford to spend 3 mil on a player who has already missed a few games for us? We already of a recent history of players who have struggled with injury.

He played 26 times for Hull this season. So his availability isn't that bad

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mark barton said:

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

He played 26 times for Hull this season. So his availability isn't that bad

Probably an us issue moreso based on precedent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark barton said:

In fairness, he got injured on his debut for a Burnley last season and then had to battle with The Claret’s plethora of wide players when he returned.

As per @Big C, he’s had no issues at Hull this season.

Nor is this the view from inside Burnley from what I’m led to believe.

• Like 1

Re Twine on another thread a poster said no point in playing him anyway if not going to be here next season.

Did I not hear when  signed that the hope & expectation was a deal could be done to keep him here at the end of the season?  Manning clearly history with him and could be a quality signing 

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Re Twine on another thread a poster said no point in playing him anyway if not going to be here next season.

Did I not hear when  signed that the hope & expectation was a deal could be done to keep him here at the end of the season?  Manning clearly history with him and could be a quality signing 

They'll try, but no deal agreed.

The view from Burnley is if they get relegated, they want him to stay...hence why the fee "is the fee".

10 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

That was me (indignantly states “I’m not just a poster!”)

The fact is that if he plays and plays well, it only increases the price - and just means we stay mid table. So not playing him is the only sensible move. 

Said it at the time, what a ******* waste of a signing. Was never going to be a permanent & even more shocking now that we have paid money for him when he’s going to have no importance to the outcome of our season at all……..but he is a cracking player, no doubt of his ability, but an absolute waste of money for us. 

Well done Tinnion.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Said it at the time, what a ******* waste of a signing. Was never going to be a permanent & even more shocking now that we have paid money for him when he’s going to have no importance to the outcome of our season at all……..but he is a cracking player, no doubt of his ability, but an absolute waste of money for us. 

Well done Tinnion.

Twine was a panic signing by Tinnion, designed to take the pressure off him and Jon , twine getting injured isn’t their fault but it’s looking like a expensive mistake at the moment, it’s very strange that when Pearson was here we were told we were at our maximum money wise, then all of a sudden money became available, absolutely bullshiters the pair of them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Not trained all week, and out of Saturdays game. 

Quite a long 2 weeks ‘nothing major’ injury!

Get that things change when it comes to injuries, and I thought the writing was on the wall when he wasn't visible on this weeks uncut, but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the club masking injury lengths. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Get that things change when it comes to injuries, and I thought the writing was on the wall when he wasn't visible on this weeks uncut, but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the club masking injury lengths. 

Saturday is going to be interesting if we lose. How on earth are we going to break down a Cardiff team who are physically strong. Another Millwall type game no doubt!  Bring a book to read. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85