IGNORED

Why hasn’t Manning been sacked?

Redland

10 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Another woeful performance, as i remember just one shot on target

I think most people who went / watched on RTV thought it was a spirited performance with a patched up team.

BBCRB afterwards reflected that vibe.

For me, we were the better team in spells first half, gained control second half, was knocking on the door…but the strengths of each team’s bench won / lost it.  Cardiff brought on depth….Ugbo (remember him!), Colwill, Romeo and Wintle.  We brought on Conway at h-t, then Yeboah and JKL.

We deserved a point imho.

(12 shots / 4 shots on target - if that’s the way you measure a performance)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think most people who went / watched on RTV thought it was a spirited performance with a patched up team.

BBCRB afterwards reflected that vibe.

For me, we were the better team in spells first half, gained control second half, was knocking on the door…but the strengths of each team’s bench won / lost it.  Cardiff brought on depth….Ugbo (remember him!), Colwill, Romeo and Wintle.  We brought on Conway at h-t, then Yeboah and JKL.

We deserved a point imho.

It was a woeful and dull 90 minutes leaving us 15th in the table and the fifth defeat in 7 games, anyway i'm trying to stay out of all this nonsense but i've succumbed again, i need to stick to the laugh a minute Rovers thread 🙂  

11 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Another woeful performance, as i remember just one shot on target

It was actually a really good performance from mostly squad members and kids (James, Knight Lebel and Yeboah all featuring out of necessity).   We even had more posession and better passing stats - something that seems to ‘excite’ a few on here about the current set up.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

It was actually a really good performance from mostly squad members and kids (James, Knight Lebel and Yeboah all featuring out of necessity).   We even had more posession and better passing stats - something that seems to ‘excite’ a few on here about the current set up.   

Nothing excites me to be honest pre or post Pearson, just wish people would get behind the new manager, i'm as frustrated as the next man with our constant inconsistency but i think it's crazy calling for his head after 3 months particularly when his record this season is no worse than NP's

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Nothing excites me to be honest pre or post Pearson, just wish people would get behind the new manager, i'm as frustrated as the next man with our constant inconsistency but i think it's crazy calling for his head after 3 months particularly when his record this season is no worse than NP's

Fair enough.  We were promised improvement though. That what we were seeing under NP just wasn’t anywhere near good enough.   And we just haven’t had it. At all.  For many it’s regressed if anything. And Manning has had better resources for the most part (another reason let us not forget that Pearson was apparently sacked - for conditioning issues, time players had been given off as opposed to being ‘on the grass’ etc).  
Hence some people (anmd a growing number it seems) are asking whether this move has been for the best and debating a way forward.  But I think you know all that anyway.   I was just replying to your saying that we were shit that day. We weren’t.   I walked away with my head held high.   There was no bickering or murmurs in the crowd. People understood.  The only shit show that day was the Welsh police and the kettling at the station! 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

If the manager gives the fans something to get excited then they will. There’s been too much shite served up since Xmas with 4 highlights. Saturdays performance was enough for me.

44 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

It is, you mean no better

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Agree it was hard watch with Pearson pre and post match, like he was just waiting to get out the next sarcastic remark to the poor reporter who had the 'pleasure' in interviewing him. It was not a shock to me his demeanour would upset the board and it should not have been a surprise when he got the push. 

Funny how sentiment clouds judgement on his tenure, he dished up a lot of rubbish too, but to be fair he had limited options with the the amount of injuries. 

Hand on heart I do believe he would have improved things with this current squad, but I also understand why the board wanted a change, to date it is still very much work in progress and the the Board must be hoping for an upturn in the remaining fixtures.

I believe it is wrong to sack him now, but losing Saturday will be a bitter pill, and if ever we need a result it is Saturday.

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

It was a woeful and dull 90 minutes leaving us 15th in the table and the fifth defeat in 7 games, anyway i'm trying to stay out of all this nonsense but i've succumbed again, i need to stick to the laugh a minute Rovers thread 🙂  

You could always watch the TV Tom.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Agree it was hard watch with Pearson pre and post match, like he was just waiting to get out the next sarcastic remark to the poor reporter who had the 'pleasure' in interviewing him. It was not a shock to me his demeanour would upset the board and it should not have been a surprise when he got the push. 

Have enjoyed this theme on here from people looking to criticise Pearson, yet James Piercy when Pearson was sacked described him as ‘an absolute joy to deal with’ who he’ll ‘genuinely miss speaking to’.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

Have enjoyed this theme on here from people looking to criticise Pearson, yet James Piercy when Pearson was sacked described him as ‘an absolute joy to deal with’ who he’ll ‘genuinely miss speaking to’.

He knows which side his bread is buttered? He wouldn't want a rep in dissing Managers I suppose. Pearson's reputation in being a awkward customer is well documented, and perhaps is the reason he is still  unemployed, not that should be a problem with his pay off.

2 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

He knows which side his bread is buttered? He wouldn't want a rep in dissing Managers I suppose. Pearson's reputation in being an awkward customer is well documented, and perhaps is the reason he is still  unemployed, not that should be a problem with his pay off.

Yeah it can’t just be that James Piercy who unlike you actually dealt with Nigel Pearson was telling the truth can it? Gosh, you’re so clever you’ve seen straight through it.

Yeah I for one, can’t think of any other possible reason why a 60 year old with health issues, enough money in the bank and still getting paid by his former employer hasn’t taken another job. Must be that’s he’s an awkward customer.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah it can’t just be that James Piercy who unlike you actually dealt with Nigel Pearson was telling the truth can it? Gosh, you’re so clever you’ve seen straight through it.

Yeah I for one, can’t think of any other possible reason why a 60 year old with health issues, enough money in the bank and still getting paid by his former employer hasn’t taken another job. Must be that’s he’s an awkward customer.

Glad you agree.

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Nige had said when still in post that his City job would be his last within the game - he’s now retired and stepped away from the game.

However……I reckon he’d be an excellent pundit but whether he’d be interested in such a role is a moot point.

7 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

He knows which side his bread is buttered? He wouldn't want a rep in dissing Managers I suppose. Pearson's reputation in being an awkward customer is well documented, and perhaps is the reason he is still  unemployed, not that should be a problem with his pay off.

Pearson is/was a challenge for journalists. He isn’t a man who had any patience with formulaic questions, which were also variations on what had been already asked, or for questions he was never going to answer.

Piercy built a rapport with him because he’s a damn good journalist. He made Nige think with his questions - he’s done the same to Liam a few times. And they got a better relationship as a result. So I’m confident any comments were absolutely genuine and not kowtowing in any way.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Pearson is/was a challenge for journalists. He isn’t a man who had any patience with formulaic questions, which were also variations on what had been already asked, or for questions he was never going to answer.

Piercy built a rapport with him because he’s a damn good journalist. He made Nige think with his questions - he’s done the same to Liam a few times. And they got a better relationship as a result. So I’m confident any comments were absolutely genuine and not kowtowing in any way.

To add, they also get informal chats outside of the press interviews too.

Its not a case of going into the media room, waiting for the manager to come in, conduct the press interview and off they go.

56 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

That just won’t suit the narrative of some on here, who for their own reasons, just didn’t want NP here.  

I admired the fact NP wouldn’t suffer fools gladly, so it doesn’t surprise me he got on great with JP, as he certainly knows his stuff.   I’d also choose a straight talker over a bullshitter any day, but sadly the former is very rare at this club, as they aren’t welcome here.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

That just won’t suit the narrative of some on here, who for their own reasons, just didn’t want NP here.  

I admired the fact NP wouldn’t suffer fools gladly, so it doesn’t surprise me he got on great with JP, as he certainly knows his stuff.   I’d also choose a straight talker over a bullshitter any day, but sadly the former is very rare at this club, as they aren’t welcome here.

I will never be able to figure out why there is a small but vocal minority of our fan base that have absolutely detested Nigel from day 1. Refuse to give him very little credit for the job he did and even up until the constant day are still making digs about him. 

It's embarrassing that their support for Manning is simply because he is not Nige. 

I can only guess that it's a masculinity thing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Pearson was sacked after Cardiff, maybe some synergy.

If the unthinkable happens, would it be the first time a side has got two gaffers sacked from the same club in the same term?

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT WANT THIS. Just checking.

3 hours ago, lenred said:

As I said on a previous thread, the reaction of away fans on the final whistle at an away game following a defeat is often a very relevant and accurate barometer of feeling. I was at Cardiff as many others were and my recollection was that on the whole, the fans acknowledged a spirited and committed performance in the context of a very depleted side/squad.  Particularly so given the context of a 5th defeat in 7 games. Contrast this to Saturday, another game I was at, where the reaction was very different IMO from the majority I would say who were somewhat underwhelmed and concerned at the dispirited and disjointed display. I know I certainly was anyway. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I will never be able to figure out why there is a small but vocal minority of our fan base that have absolutely detested Nigel from day 1. Refuse to give him very little credit for the job he did and even up until the constant day are still making digs about him. 

It's embarrassing that their support for Manning is simply because he is not Nige. 

Yeah, I haven’t got my head round it either and have just given up trying to work it out now.

I found Nige a breath of fresh air while with us and although he had a rep as being abrasive, I just couldn’t help liking him. Guess he was just too much for the BCFC dictatorship and their associated fan club. 

Even though the football wasn’t that entertaining under him (it isn’t now either tbf), nobody can claim his teams weren’t to a man playing for the shirt, after he’d cleared out the wasters.

That never-say-die attitude seems to be fading fast sadly.

• Like 11
  • Flames 2

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I still think the Danny Simpson signing influenced some of them.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yeah, I haven’t got my head round it either and have just given up trying to work it out now.

I found Nige a breath of fresh air while with us and although he had a rep as being abrasive, I just couldn’t help liking him. Guess he was just too much for the BCFC dictatorship and their associated fan club. 

Even though the football wasn’t that entertaining under him (it isn’t now either tbf), nobody can claim his teams weren’t to a man playing for the shirt, after he’d cleared out the wasters.

That never-say-die attitude seems to be fading fast sadly.

The Lansdown dictatorship of Bristol City is very similar to Putin’s dictatorship of Russia.

“Question me and you are out!”

• Like 3
  • Sad 2