IGNORED

Dear Nigel..

sglosbcfc

25 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think Port just wants to move on, mate - what's happened has happened so let's just try to be positive about the future.

A trifle difficult after the last 2 results imo, that's for sure!

Especially if, like you and I, and unlike the Lansdowns or Tinnion, you have enough history to understand that a manager like Nigel Pearson is EXACTLY what Bristol City needs to move upwards and onwards from this level.

It is absolutely the tragedy of Bristol City (tragedy too strong a word but anyway) that serial incompetence off the pitch contrives to let down talented teams and long suffering supporters.

Rinse and fucjing repeat.

See you next season. Ad infinitum.

It’s not so much about even moving onwards and upwards MM 

Its the massive ********* mess he steered us out of , with if you remember hardly a moan but more wry smiles and a grin with the odd growl

We were a sinking ship with a big hole in the side sliding towards L1 (and FFP bullets) ,and where many appointments would have seen us

Would he have got us into the top 6 or promoted in the foreseeable ?  debatable , and I’m certainly not sure , though it wouldn’t have shocked me either

But , the lack of appreciation from some , of his part in stopping the ship OUR CLUB sinking and making it at least seaworthy again is .......simply staggering 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

4 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

It’s nit so much about even moving onwards and upwards MM 

Its the massive ********* mess he steered us out of , with if you remember hardly a moan but more wry smiles and a grin with the odd growl

We were a sinking ship with a big hole in the side sliding towards L1 and where many appointments would have seen us

Wpuld he have got us into the top 6 or promoted in the foreseeable , debatable and I’m certainly not sure , though the t wouldn’t have shocked me either

But , the lack of appreciation from some , of his part in stopping the ship OUR CLUB sinking and making it at least seaworthy again is simply staggering 

Yep agree with all of that fella.

We'd run through brick walls for Pearson - as would his players.

Replace the word Pearson with the word Jordan or Cotterill and you end up with the same result - an army on the march. Not often that happens in BS3 and we always fock it up.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

I am not a positive-result supporter. I watched most of the games this year. I don't post that often and I only come to post mostly between wins because I am pretty angry when we don't win and we don't play good at all. I stand by what I said, Lee Jonhson whas the latest guy which almost sent us to the play-offs. If he is the best in the last years, that's says a lot about the ownership. 

We are getting nowhere in this way but we don't count, they can do whatever they want with this club. At this rate for sure it won't be any PL football, or contesting top 6. But Oh my God, how can we compete ? There are only multi billion teams with 155995k per week salaries, like Luton last season, like Coventry this and last season, like Preston, like it was Brentford a few years back or even Bournemouth. Like Swansea in the past, like Hull City, yea the list of these billion dollar teams can continue.

I say no more ! 

Have a pleasant night, thinking about anything else but City.

59 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yep agree with all of that fella.

We'd run through brick walls for Pearson - as would his players.

Replace the word Pearson with the word Jordan or Cotterill and you end up with the same result - an army on the march. Not often that happens in BS3 and we always fock it up.

you have a dm/ pm 👍

12 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

you have a dm/ pm 👍

👍 Yes. Top man.

After most defeats, but especially one as dispiriting as this, I retreat to a bottle of red and some tunes on the hi-fi. So I'll reply to your kind message tomorrow when I'm a little less "emotional", if that's ok!

Thanks again though. Up the City!

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

👍 Yes. Top man.

After most defeats, but especially one as dispiriting as this, I retreat to a bottle of red and some tunes on the hi-fi. So I'll reply to your kind message tomorrow when I'm a little less "emotional", if that's ok!

I’m in the middle of getting tired and emotional myself. Sigh!

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, come on back, I don't care if you only turn up for match days like you did for your last 8 weeks in charge. I don't care that you ruined 2 years of hard work creating a team spirit and a good relationship across the club, by suggesting you were being undermined by senior management, when they asked if you needed any help during your illness/injury bringing the wrath of the forum down on the senior Management. 

Let's just call it water under the bridge and you can pop in whenever you feel like and give the press a hard time and the fans a giggle.

Why would they ask that? He had two coaches to help, Jason and Curtis?

unless it was Tins? 

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Why would they ask that? He had two coaches to help, Jason and Curtis?

unless it was Tins? 

This is very confusing from Port Said Red. Yes why would they ask that? And mores to the point why would anyone consider that undermining their position? This was the same senior management who Nige said weren’t communicating with him btw. 

And that’s not what brought “the wrath of the forum on senior management”. They managed that all by themselves. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, come on back, I don't care if you only turn up for match days like you did for your last 8 weeks in charge. I don't care that you ruined 2 years of hard work creating a team spirit and a good relationship across the club, by suggesting you were being undermined by senior management, when they asked if you needed any help during your illness/injury bringing the wrath of the forum down on the senior Management

Let's just call it water under the bridge and you can pop in whenever you feel like and give the press a hard time and the fans a giggle.

I've seen some awful takes this year, this may take the bakery, never mind the cake.

Some of the anti NP fiction is surreal. No 'suggestion' about being undermined. They had to use the excuse of an injury crisis to sack him ffs.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

10 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

👍 Yes. Top man.

Time for another gong bath up Glos Road for you Merrick, by looks of it. The drugs don't work, just say no to that, and yes to another sound bath, next Saturday 12.30. Followed by some (buddhist) chanting - not ranting (on here).

Peace, and Loving Kindness. Up the City 

On 24/02/2024 at 17:04, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

I made the mistake of thinking I knew something about football. I replaced an experienced and successful manager with a guy that had never managed above League One and had led MK Dons to the bottom 4. I then told the fans to expect the top six. 

Two of the worse three teams in the division have just comfortably beaten us and our league record is worse under him than you, despite the fact that you could barely name a team due to injuries.

Please come back and save the season

Love

Jon

P.S thanks for getting us the points early doors which mean we are not in a relegation battle now.

Dear Nigel

Sorry to write again so soon, just wanted to update my letter -

Three of the worse teams in the division have now beaten us, the manager is throwing players under the bus and the players are fighting among themselves....please, please come back.

Love

Jon

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

Sorry to write again so soon, just wanted to update my letter -

Three of the worse teams in the division have now beaten us, the manager is throwing players under the bus and the players are fighting among themselves....please, please come back.

Love

Jon

So are fans. Literally. 

**** me what have you done Lansdown. The world was yours and you ****** it. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

Dear Nigel

Yes me again, so sorry. Just wanted to update you in case you weren't watching on Sky.

We are now on a run of four straight defeats heading into the match against Swansea at the weekend. We also have a mounting injury list, turns out the injuries weren't your fault after all!

Could I ask a big favour, could you send Liam some coaching plans on how to set a team up to defend? I promise I won't let him take the credit when we stop conceding goals every single match.

Love

Jon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

Yes me again, so sorry. Just wanted to update you in case you weren't watching on Sky.

We are now on a run of four straight defeats heading into the match against Swansea at the weekend. We also have a mounting injury list, turns out the injuries weren't your fault after all!

Could I ask a big favour, could you send Liam some coaching plans on how to set a team up to defend? I promise I won't let him take the credit when we stop conceding goals every single match.

Love

Jon

To be fair, it took a long time to get that right

I know Nigel is an intelligent bloke who has a life away from football and has lots of other interests,  but I would love it (Kevin Keegan voice) ******* luv it if he now and then read and saw what the City fans think about the way the club has seriously ****** up since his sacking.

I( bet in all reality, he's moved on much more than we have and hardly gives it a thought. He always stuck me as a guy that never suffered fools gladly,  and let's be fair, he had total and utter fools as his bosses.

In the rare chance that he would ever visit OTIB..

Cheers, Nige  you achieved far more here than you will ever know. And you started "the beginning of the end..."

If it is a football retirement, enjoy and have fun, you fully deserve it.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 5
  • Flames 4

58 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I know Nigel is an intelligent bloke who has a life away from football and has lots of other interests,  but I would love it (Kevin Keegan voice) ******* luv it if he now and then read and saw what the City fans think about the way the club has seriously ****** up since his sacking.

I( bet in all reality, he's moved on much more than we have and hardly gives it a thought. He always stuck me as a guy that never suffered fools gladly,  and let's be fair, he had total and utter fools as his bosses.

In the rare chance that he would ever visit OTIB..

Cheers, Nige  you achieved far more here than you will ever know. And you started "the beginning of the end..."

If it is a football retirement, enjoy and have fun, you fully deserve it.

I think he does read the forum sometimes. 

I don't know though.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1