IGNORED

Dear Nigel..

sglosbcfc

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

I made the mistake of thinking I knew something about football. I replaced an experienced and successful manager with a guy that had never managed above League One and had led MK Dons to the bottom 4. I then told the fans to expect the top six. 

Two of the worse three teams in the division have just comfortably beaten us and our league record is worse under him than you, despite the fact that you could barely name a team due to injuries.

Please come back and save the season

Love

Jon

P.S thanks for getting us the points early doors which mean we are not in a relegation battle now.

PPS And I’ll sack the club legend/**** Brian too!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

I'd add also the Fleming game.

Between them they left us in a pretty useful position. At least a solid base to build on.

15 games, 6 wins.

15 games, 21 points.

40%

Generally 'in' games, and a strong baseline below which performances generally didn't fall.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

I made the mistake of thinking I knew something about football. I replaced an experienced and successful manager with a guy that had never managed above League One and had led MK Dons to the bottom 4. I then told the fans to expect the top six. 

Two of the worse three teams in the division have just comfortably beaten us and our league record is worse under him than you, despite the fact that you could barely name a team due to injuries.

Love

Jon

P.S thanks for getting us the points early doors which mean we are not in a relegation battle now.

Good one. 🤨

Edited by Fjmcity

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

Love

Jon

Yes, come on back, I don't care if you only turn up for match days like you did for your last 8 weeks in charge. I don't care that you ruined 2 years of hard work creating a team spirit and a good relationship across the club, by suggesting you were being undermined by senior management, when they asked if you needed any help during your illness/injury bringing the wrath of the forum down on the senior Management. 

Let's just call it water under the bridge and you can pop in whenever you feel like and give the press a hard time and the fans a giggle.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 12

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, come on back, I don't care if you only turn up for match days like you did for your last 8 weeks in charge. I don't care that you ruined 2 years of hard work creating a team spirit and a good relationship across the club, by suggesting you were being undermined by senior management, when they asked if you needed any help during your illness/injury bringing the wrath of the forum down on the senior Management. 

Let's just call it water under the bridge and you can pop in whenever you feel like and give the press a hard time and the fans a giggle.

Wow! It’s almost as though you were there!

Genuine question to your comment in Bold. When everything that was said was suggesting the complete opposite. As fans we actually saw the team spirit improve. I did anyway and many I know did too. We heard how he was, with staff, including back room staff. We heard players comments about him. So I’m genuinely interested to know how you think the opposite is true?  

And in terms of Radio Bristol etc he answered the questions he was asked  what we heard was his frustration and after what he put up with it’s no wonder!

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If that’s your summary or assessment of the job he did here 

Then I put you on a football , or general understanding of the level of Jon Lansdown , or actually, probably less

Embarrassing post

• Like 6
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

Love

Jon

Shut up you belter

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Nonsense, the board were looking for an excuse to sack Pearson for months. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Who told you that?  

43 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Wow! It’s almost as though you were there!

Genuine question to your comment in Bold. When everything that was said was suggesting the complete opposite. As fans we actually saw the team spirit improve. I did anyway and many I know did too. We heard how he was, with staff, including back room staff. We heard players comments about him. So I’m genuinely interested to know how you think the opposite is true?  

And in terms of Radio Bristol etc he answered the questions he was asked  what we heard was his frustration and after what he put up with it’s no wonder!

Deleted! 

Edited by REDOXO

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Dear Nigel

Love

Jon

It someone could redo this video with those words I’d be really grateful.

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Who told you that?  

31 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

‘ Rob ‘

🙄

No it wasn't, if it was I wouldn't have put it on the public forum. Stuff about his injury being made worse by the current physio is different, because it would be provable without his direct comments. 

Edited by Port Said Red

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No it wasn't, if it was I wouldn't have put it on the public forum. Stuff about his injury being made worse by the current physio is different, because it would be provable without his direct comments. 

Whether or not you, or anyone thinks  think it was time for a change

IMO Your (And anyone else’s) complete lack of even a hint appreciation or recognition of the job he did do here is simply astounding , depressing and embarrassing 

It literally puts you Below the level of the hierarchy as they at least have direct personal views , ambitions or personal glory for their decisions

You always come across as very defensive about anything at the club but the fact you go a few steps further even than them and make significant claims and character assassination is IMO incredible from a supporter 

Being blunt fans like you deserved an alternative appointment to NP , most of whom would see you defending a 2-1 loss at Fleetwood today.

• Like 2

When Nige (very much against the wishes of most of us)was sacked they told us they wanted a more hands on manager but I think we may have ended up with one with his hands down his trousers.

For the record QPR last week and Wednesday today were down to poor motivation and lack of commitment.  We were up for it against Southampton, West Ham and Forest but can't seem to summon it up for the bread and butter matches or games not being televised.

12 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

IMO Your (And anyone else’s) complete lack of even a hint appreciation or recognition of the job he did do here is simply astounding , depressing and embarrassing 

It literally puts you Below the level of the hierarchy as they at least have direct personal views , ambitions or personal glory for their decisions

You always come across as very defensive about anything at the club but the fact you go a few steps further even than them and make significant claims and character assassination is IMO incredible from a supporter 

Being blunt fans like you deserved an alternative appointment to NP , most of whom would see you defending a 2-1 loss at Fleetwood today.

So. you ignored the bit where I said about all the good work he did for 2 years? Fine, just so I know there is no point posting anything because you will pick and choose what you want to see in my posts anyway. I'll leave you to whatever it is you think you will achieve by posting the same moans, over and over and over and over..........................

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So. you ignored the bit where I said about all the good work he did for 2 years? Fine, just so I know there is no point posting anything because you will pick and choose what you want to see in my posts anyway. I'll leave you to whatever it is you think you will achieve by posting the same moans, over and over and over and over..........................

I read your first post as suggesting Nige undermined the previous 2 years goodwill that had been built up before he arrived, not the first 2 years of his tenure . I imagine others read it the same way as me. 

I know you well enough to know you wouldn’t betray a confidence, but for those that don’t it’s a fair question about Rob, as you seem so certain of the facts. 

You did state as fact, not just your opinion that Nige only turned up for matches at the end,  do you categorically know that to be true, you also state he undermined the senior management of the club when they asked if he needed help due to his illness, I’m sure that’s not Nige’s version of events, therefore how do you know it’s true ?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

So I apologise as I misread the bit about “the 2 years of good work “

But still confused as to why you think “he”did that. Do you not think the board take any responsibility for how things ended. And I don’t believe he ruined anything around the team spirit at all. 

While we’re at it you do know he was ill right? That might just account for why he couldn’t always be present. Strange reaction 🤔

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I read your first post as suggesting Nige undermined the previous 2 years goodwill that had been built up before he arrived, not the first 2 years of his tenure . I imagine others read it the same way as me. 

I know you well enough to know you wouldn’t betray a confidence, but for those that don’t it’s a fair question about Rob, as you seem so certain of the facts. 

You did state as fact, not just your opinion that Nige only turned up for matches at the end,  do you categorically know that to be true, you also state he undermined the senior management of the club when they asked if he needed help due to his illness, I’m sure that’s not Nige’s version of events, therefore how do you know it’s true ?

Fair enough, no I did mean the first two years of his tenure. I appreciate what he did and I do wish the hierarchy would acknowledge it more. I do think that he manipulated the fanbase when he realised he was leaving though. 

I can't reveal my source, and I understand that people will look at the Rob connection (unfairly as he was always pretty discreet as far as day to day stuff is concerned), it is someone who knows the club very well though, and interestingly (to me anyway) is often very critical of the owners and the set up. 

So when someone like that tells you something that is more favourable to the upper management I take notice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fair enough, no I did mean the first two years of his tenure. I appreciate what he did and I do wish the hierarchy would acknowledge it more. I do think that he manipulated the fanbase when he realised he was leaving though. 

I can't reveal my source, and I understand that people will look at the Rob connection (unfairly as he was always pretty discreet as far as day to day stuff is concerned), it is someone who knows the club very well though, and interestingly (to me anyway) is often very critical of the owners and the set up. 

So when someone like that tells you something that is more favourable to the upper management I take notice.

Ok  , but you can hardly blame others that don’t have similar contacts drawing different conclusions, I know I do. 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think Port just wants to move on, mate - what's happened has happened so let's just try to be positive about the future.

A trifle difficult after the last 2 results imo, that's for sure.

Especially if, like you and I, and UNLIKE the Lansdowns or Tinnion, you have enough history to understand that a manager like Nigel Pearson is EXACTLY what Bristol City needs to move upwards and onwards from this level.

It is absolutely the tragedy of Bristol City (tragedy too strong a word but anyway) that serial incompetence off the pitch contrives to let down talented teams and long suffering supporters.

Rinse and fucjing repeat.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3