IGNORED

The soft BC are back, after all Nigel’s hard work

Shauntaylor85

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Boro we were fortunate. He changed the formation to them back in the game. Manning has made no progress on Nigel and this was supposed to be a progressive appointment for THIS season, not my words. 

You are responding to a sad , returning , multi banned troll

#HalfaMullet

• Like 1

Just now, Gaseater said:

His agreement to spend the **** all money we had on dross like Mehmeti, crap spells time and time again, calling players out in public. Did his job, replaced with the wrong man from the look of things.

Erm he was backed with buttons given a shitshow that was inherited.

For most of the time that was required due to the aforementioned shitshow but Cornick is a squad player, nothing more nothing less albeit one who flourished at Luton.

Yes he had high standards, always has done NP. Now?

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

Just now, Gaseater said:

Not my job to find alternatives I don’t work for BCFC - they did spend over £1Mil on Mehmeti - person who green lighted that should be sacked for gross negligence.

Yeah Mehmeti given the price tag albeit he shows some nice flashes..at times.

He started with some strong promise though.

3 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

He is miles off. As is Cornick. As is Wells who should never ever have been given a new deal by Pearson.

Again you are glossing over the very real risk of an FFP breach with resultant consequences for much of NP's tenure.

Wells is an excellent senior pro though and from an Accounting angle to spread his wage and amortisation into a split of 5 probably helped us to stave off sanctions to last season.

We couldn't add anyone until Semenyo sold, or had you forgotten?

We couldn't add Bamba on a free probably after the Baker retirement, we were in a proper mess until Semenyo was sold.

In a week or less we had to spend some but only a limited portion of that Semenyo money. Difficult..had we signed nobody fans wouldn't have been pleased and we weren't fully safe from the drop either.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Debating with a returning saddo troll Mr P

I should know better Sheltons but some of the stuff they spout does annoy..but perhaps they are best ignored if they're a returnee.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gaseater said:

His agreement to spend the **** all money we had on dross like Mehmeti, crap spells time and time again, calling players out in public. Did his job, replaced with the wrong man from the look of things.

Was it?  Wasn’t it Tinnion who told us all how he and the scouting team find the players and then recommend them to the Manager/coach. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Seriously without that West Ham win I do wonder. The league form has been terrible, we look so soft again after Nigel had made us tougher to beat. In fact, Southampton aside where are those great pressing performances v likes of Swansea, Plymouth? We didn’t need to make the change and if they did want top six, go for someone with pedigree to continue the good work!

The last two performances have been a real let down as has the January window. Naismith hit nail on the head, clear as day standards were poor. Standards were always in place with this team under Nige and team. Poor, poor season and we go into March heading nearer bottom 3 than the top six target. Congrats all involved with the worst sacking or manager exit since Danny Wilson (oh hang on!). 

Are you honestly trying to say we never had poor performances under Pearson? We had plenty, in fact results like today have been a regular occurrence since we’ve gone back up. I’m willing to give Manning the benefit of the doubt considering he’s only had one window to correct it

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Charlie BCFC said:

Are you honestly trying to say we never had poor performances under Pearson? We had plenty, in fact results like today have been a regular occurrence since we’ve gone back up. I’m willing to give Manning the benefit of the doubt considering he’s only had one window to correct it

Not as bad as this actually. The football under Manning on the whole has been dire, worse than SOD era at times and that says a lot. Nige wasnt perfect, but he was dealt a poor hand and should have been given the season and then a carefully considered appointment if no new deal. I am not convinced at all by current strategy. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Street red said:

You mean the Boro that lost against Plymouth and Southampton to Millwall don't let that paper over the cracks. 

We started Southamptons poor run beating them for the first time in 25 games. Problem is (and has been the case since Lee Johnson) we’ve failed to break down teams near the bottom and subsequently thought we’ve been above that

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Not as bad as this actually. The football under Manning on the whole has been dire, worse than SOD era at times and that says a lot. Nige wasnt perfect, but he was dealt a poor hand and should have been given the season and then a carefully considered appointment if no new deal. I am not convinced at all by current strategy. 

Completely disagree, we’d have absolutely lost today under Pearson. As bad as the last two games have been, we also picked up 7 points from Coventry, Leeds, Boro and Southampton. I don’t think we come near that points total with Pearson in charge 

• Facepalm 8

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

We started Southamptons poor run beating them for the first time in 25 games. Problem is (and has been the case since Lee Johnson) we’ve failed to break down teams near the bottom and subsequently thought we’ve been above that

In a way we did but Southampton didn't exactly play well against Huddersfield the week before and they where shocking on the night against us. No you can't take away the way we defended against them and hit them on the break we played to the players strengths that's why we got a result.Manning is another Johnson a couple of wins then a poor run history repeat. Another Tinkerman that doesn't know his strong team a shocking appointment in my opinion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

And perhaps that's why Mehmeti didn't play much under Nige.

I don’t think Mehmeti is perfect at all, but there is a player there which I think Manning has got better over time. Pearson preferred Yeboah and Cornick over him which is absolutely hilarious 

1 minute ago, Street red said:

In a way we did but Southampton didn't exactly play well against Huddersfield the week before and they where shocking on the night against us. No you can't take away the way we defended against them and hit them on the break we played to the players strengths that's why we got a result.Manning is another Johnson a couple of wins then a poor run history repeat. Another Tinkerman that doesn't know his strong team a shocking appointment in my opinion.

Easy to say a shocking appointment now but there’s no way you were saying that a week and a half ago. For me, I’m giving him minimum a pre season where hopefully we’ll look like we can break teams down whilst having more of the ball. This was a problem under Johnson, Holden and  Pearson (although his fan club don’t want to admit it)

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Street red said:

Yes, the changes and substitutions week on week are vast and varied.

I accept the injury situation is quite bad but 2 last week, 5 today.

The max 5 subs per game? Made in successive weeks.

Feels at times like we are throwing a lot of mud at a wall, and hoping that something sticks.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

100% correct... i liked Nige and if he was still in charge i would be fine with it, but the quality of football was largely dire (and i don't mean Mebude).

Manning deserves a summer window and a pre-season. If it doesn't work, then so be it, but its not fair to be judging him and writing him off after 3 months.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edgy Red said:

100% correct... i liked Nige and if he was still in charge i would be fine with it, but the quality of football was largely dire (and i don't mean Mebude).

Manning deserves a summer window and a pre-season. If it doesn't work, then so be it, but its not fair to be judging him and writing him off after 3 months.

Happy I’m not the only one, we’ve seen these runs of form and performances before Manning so I don’t get why he’s getting scapegoated on here like it’s something completely new?

• Like 1

Just now, Edgy Red said:

Will the summer window risk ripping up the string culture that was left by NP, Fleming etc.

It could make matters a whole lot worse if handled without significant care.

We should be building on solid foundations, anything else would be alarming.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will the summer window risk ripping up the string culture that was left by NP, Fleming etc.

It could make matters a whole lot worse if handled without significant care.

We should be building on solid foundations, anything else would be alarming.

I agree to an extent Mr P but football (and life in general) isn't really like that anymore.

We live in a fast paced, now now now society and football managers are not afforded time if results aren't going well. Just look at Sunderland and Millwall in the last week.

To be fair, Nige had 3 years in charge which is pretty rare nowadays. 

8 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I agree to an extent Mr P but football (and life in general) isn't really like that anymore.

We live in a fast paced, now now now society and football managers are not afforded time if results aren't going well. Just look at Sunderland and Millwall in the last week.

To be fair, Nige had 3 years in charge which is pretty rare nowadays. 

He also inherited a shitshow Edgy, and was afforded pound for pound less time than Lee Johnson when weighted for ability to back in the market.

Are Manning's results and direction of travel relative to inherited position so different to Edwards v his and Beale v his?

Most managers other than Rohl and Cifuentes have not notably improved their side this season.

I'm not Manning out but let me put it another way..if we get it wrong, rip it up somewhat then we could go backwards, slide back into the bottom 3rd and perhaps even scrapping v relegation.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm not Manning out but let me put it another way..if we get it wrong, rip it up somewhat then we could go backwards, slide back into the bottom 3rd and perhaps even scrapping v relegation.

This is my genuine concern. A lot of very good man and club management by NP(even if you didn’t rate his football ) all for nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2