IGNORED

The soft BC are back, after all Nigel’s hard work

Shauntaylor85

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He also inherited a shitshow Edgy, and was accepted point for pound less time than Lee Johnson when weighed for about to back in the market.

Are Manning's results and direction of travel relative to inherited position so different to Edwards v his and Beale v his?

Most managers other than Rohl and Cifuentes have not notably improved their side this season.

I'm not Manning out but let me put it another way..if we get it wrong, rip it up somewhat then we could go backwards, slide back into the bottom 3rd and perhaps even scrapping v relegation.

All fair points Mr P... Who knows how things will pan out with Manning but i just feel he deserves a decent crack of the whip.

I liked Nige but i was nowhere near as invested in him as many fans appear to have been.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He also inherited a shitshow Edgy, and was accepted point for pound less time than Lee Johnson when weighed for about to back in the market.

Are Manning's results and direction of travel relative to inherited position so different to Edwards v his and Beale v his?

Most managers other than Rohl and Cifuentes have not notably improved their side this season.

I'm not Manning out but let me put it another way..if we get it wrong, rip it up somewhat then we could go backwards, slide back into the bottom 3rd and perhaps even scrapping v relegation.

Manning has us in the top half with 12 games remaining, I maybe wrong of course but I can’t remember Pearson having us this high at this stage. I like Pearson for the record and think he left us in a better state when he took over but it’s time to move on and for me Manning has done more than enough to be backed going forward

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 7

7 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Manning has us in the top half with 12 games remaining, I maybe wrong of course but I can’t remember Pearson having us this high at this stage. I like Pearson for the record and think he left us in a better state when he took over but it’s time to move on and for me Manning has done more than enough to be backed going forward

Almost half the points were gained in the first 44% of the games.

23/19 vs 21/15.

Fleming being the one game purely like v like.

In the most basic terms we gained 1.2857 per gsme under NP, 3 in the Fleming game and 1.21 per game under Manning.

Using the pre Manning baseline we would have 47-48 pts, 40-41 under Manning.

Could you define backed. How many players, what sort of budget?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Happy I’m not the only one, we’ve seen these runs of form and performances before Manning so I don’t get why he’s getting scapegoated on here like it’s something completely new?

Because he was brought in to work with what hes got and a couple of additions also progress, That's why they so called changed hence the crap about top six squad.. He was brought in to improve and change our style of play. We now have players that are not taking to the way manning wants to play and he comes out today and says he wants  players in that want to learn. So yes he will get slated because we had a squad togetherness and now that's slowly falling away. Him tinman and Jon deserve to everything they get.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Gaseater said:

His agreement to spend the **** all money we had on dross like Mehmeti, crap spells time and time again, calling players out in public. Did his job, replaced with the wrong man from the look of things.

This is brilliant,do you think he wanted him or someone above him wanted him,the same man who said we have a top 6 squad 

12 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

But the reason he was given the job was because the messiah said we had a top 6 squad,we are further away then ever 

• Like 2

The problem is not manager specific IMO, it is a problem we have had for a very long time in that we can be very good against teams that come to play, but we absolutely do not have that nasty, win by any means streak that you need to deal with the scrappers and cloggers 

We haven't had a mean bone in our body since Flint left and you just know that we would be hopeless at it and be down to 8 men if we tried

Where is the spark, the desire to win. It's all very well taking the plaudits for wins like Southampton but when we really need to get stuck in and roll teams over, I struggle to think of anyone, apart from Cam Pring maybe who would step up to the plate and do the "professional" stuff 

You gave GOT TO HAVE THIS in a team if you are going to get anywhere 

54 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Completely disagree, we’d have absolutely lost today under Pearson. As bad as the last two games have been, we also picked up 7 points from Coventry, Leeds, Boro and Southampton. I don’t think we come near that points total with Pearson in charge 

Your anti Pearson agenda which I assume explains the desperation to defend Manning agenda 

is a bit , well really obvious and funny

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

100% correct... i liked Nige and if he was still in charge i would be fine with it, but the quality of football was largely dire (and i don't mean Mebude).

Manning deserves a summer window and a pre-season. If it doesn't work, then so be it, but its not fair to be judging him and writing him off after 3 months.

Why isn't it fair? Maybe unfair to write him off - but the criticism is fair imo and the line "he deserves a summer window and pre season completely lets BT & JL off the hook.  They said he was brought in to get more out of the current squad, this season. Can anyone argue that he's done this so far? I'd argue it's got worse - some might say that on balance its the same when you factor in the cup run and Watford (A) and Southampton. But he hasn't fulfilled the brief he was set - he hasn't done the job he was brought in to do. He's had more or less the same number of games but got fewer points. Seems pretty clear cut.

Could be behind the scenes reasons as to why he has failed to do this. Maybe it's not 100% on him. I can only speculate. Perhaps this was because he was also told to change the style of play completely (likely, given the rhetoric about "front foot football".) That sort of thing would require a full pre-season wouldn't it! Who would ask a manager to come in and improve the results and completely overhaul the style of play half way through a busy season without much money to spend? No sensible owner/technical director I can think of would run a club that way!

Perhaps he was also told to play certain players - team selection today with 2 unfit players in the starting XI is bizarre. Mehmeti has certainly had a lot more game time and only seen a little improvement. Maybe BT is meddling in that as well, who knows.

I don't know why he has failed so far but it seems pretty clear so far to me that he has failed to get more out of the current squad, not only in terms of results but also performances. We've seen more from this squad that we got today or last week, or on numerous other occasions. So he has to take some of the flack - you can split the blame with JL and BT if you like but LM has to take his fair share too.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

People can talk about feelings and memories - but here it is in cold hard fact, easier to understand when seen - we’re trending downwards and worryingly so. 

IMG_0859.png

Edited by Alessandro
  • Flames 5

Manning has earned 9 points in his last 10 games. That is a really shite stat however you try and dress things up. He won't get sacked unless and until we reach the point of no return next season. As others have said if something doesn't change soon we are in for a really tough season next season. When First Team players are on Robins TV basically saying it's shit then to me there are serious issues that need addressing that aren't being addressed. It's pointless beating Southampton if your follow up is to stink the place out against 22nd and 23rd in the league..........the latter after you have spent all week "coaching".

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 7
  • Flames 5

I honestly can’t believe you wrote this.  You are of course entitled to view / compare it like you do, but to ignore the trajectory from start to finish of Pearson’s reign shows complete ignorance of why in his previous two seasons he might not have had us 12th at this point.

But….

Last season we had 44 points from 34 games!  In fact we had 44 from 33!!!  Then lost at Cardiff.

• Like 3
  • Flames 5

2 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Are you honestly trying to say we never had poor performances under Pearson? We had plenty, in fact results like today have been a regular occurrence since we’ve gone back up. I’m willing to give Manning the benefit of the doubt considering he’s only had one window to correct it

Sorry but no. 

This has been said a million times and yet it still has to be said. Nigels 1st two years and a bit can be disregarded because of the rebuild etc. 

That's not me trying to dismiss some poor performances etc, it's adding context. 

The only fair comparison between Nige and Manning is from this season. 

Whats all this talk about windows? Manning was specifically brought in to get the best out of the current squad of players and he has failed miserably. 

• Like 6

I don’t think Mehmeti is perfect at all, but there is a player there which I think Manning has got better over time. Pearson preferred Yeboah and Cornick over him which is absolutely hilarious 

Easy to say a shocking appointment now but there’s no way you were saying that a week and a half ago. For me, I’m giving him minimum a pre season where hopefully we’ll look like we can break teams down whilst having more of the ball. This was a problem under Johnson, Holden and  Pearson (although his fan club don’t want to admit it)

Plenty have been stating their concerns on here pre and post Southampton, however have been shot down by a few. 

• Like 1

I don’t think Mehmeti is perfect at all, but there is a player there which I think Manning has got better over time. Pearson preferred Yeboah and Cornick over him which is absolutely hilarious 

Easy to say a shocking appointment now but there’s no way you were saying that a week and a half ago. For me, I’m giving him minimum a pre season where hopefully we’ll look like we can break teams down whilst having more of the ball. This was a problem under Johnson, Holden and  Pearson (although his fan club don’t want to admit it)

Manning prefers Mebude over Yeboah which is absolutely hilarious! 

We seem to do better with as little on the grass coaching from Manning as possible so the thought of a pre season with him terrifies me. 

• Like 4

Happy I’m not the only one, we’ve seen these runs of form and performances before Manning so I don’t get why he’s getting scapegoated on here like it’s something completely new?

No one is suggesting we didn’t have these runs, but are respectfully questioning why make the change in manager, if we aren’t going to see less of these poor runs. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

7 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

No one is suggesting we didn’t have these runs, but are respectfully questioning why make the change in manager, if we aren’t going to see less of these poor runs. 

Sadly, we don't need to question why. 

3 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Seriously without that West Ham win I do wonder. The league form has been terrible, we look so soft again after Nigel had made us tougher to beat. In fact, Southampton aside where are those great pressing performances v likes of Swansea, Plymouth? We didn’t need to make the change and if they did want top six, go for someone with pedigree to continue the good work!

The last two performances have been a real let down as has the January window. Naismith hit nail on the head, clear as day standards were poor. Standards were always in place with this team under Nige and team. Poor, poor season and we go into March heading nearer bottom 3 than the top six target. Congrats all involved with the worst sacking or manager exit since Danny Wilson (oh hang on!). 

The mighty Nige. 1.29ppg 

Left us in 15th place and hadn’t won 3 games in a row for 3 years. 

Absolutely destined for the premier league under this man. Cannot believe we got rid of him.

Our new gaffer 1.21ppg is so far off of nige. His results are so much worse. 

Get a grip. Not knocking anything NP did but Jesus Christ he was just as ******* bad. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 12

Are you honestly trying to say we never had poor performances under Pearson? We had plenty, in fact results like today have been a regular occurrence since we’ve gone back up. I’m willing to give Manning the benefit of the doubt considering he’s only had one window to correct it

Manning  will take us down given the chance .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

But the reason he was given the job was because the messiah said we had a top 6 squad,we are further away then ever 

I agree we don’t have a top 6 squad, but that’s not Manning’s fault is it? I’ve always said I’d be happy with top half and that’s where we are 

6 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

The mighty Nige. 1.29ppg 

Left us in 15th place and hadn’t won 3 games in a row for 3 years. 

Absolutely destined for the premier league under this man. Cannot believe we got rid of him.

Our new gaffer 1.21ppg is so far off of nige. His results are so much worse. 

Get a grip. Not knocking anything NP did but Jesus Christ he was just as ******* bad. 

Manning wasn't brought in to achieve "not far off Nige" though, was he? The results are mediocre and over the last ten games CRAP quite frankly, the football is boring, bar the odd game here and there. Jon and Sid need to tell us what Liam and his silent sidekick are improving to "give us a greater chance of success". Perhaps they could also advise Kal Naismith while they are at it because he isn't seeing it either. Literally spoke to a couple in the last half hour who went today and they have said that is them done in terms of going away this season. For them to say that it must have been some shit served up.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

But also these are the same players who had these poor runs? Everyone gave Pearson a chance (rightly so) with that god awful squad in 20/21. Why doesn’t Manning get the same patience?

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I agree we don’t have a top 6 squad, but that’s not Manning’s fault is it? I’ve always said I’d be happy with top half and that’s where we are 

Think we all agree with that but because some twerp said we have we have replaced a decent manager with let’s be honest so far a underwhelming one 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

But also these are the same players who had these poor runs? Everyone gave Pearson a chance (rightly so) with that god awful squad in 20/21. Why doesn’t Manning get the same patience?

Because Manning has a nigh on full compliment of players at his disposal and took over a side that was solid enough albeit unfashionable. Pearson took over a shambles of a club not just a side. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think we all agree with that but because some twerp said we have we have replaced a decent manager with let’s be honest so far a underwhelming one 

I don’t really agree it’s been underwhelming, a lot of it is as expected because we have a mid table squad. Pearson done a good job stabilising the club but I’m personally behind Manning 

2 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Because Manning has a nigh on full compliment of players at his disposal and took over a side that was solid enough albeit unfashionable. Pearson took over a shambles of a club not just a side. 

The squad we have is a mid table squad and that’s exactly where we are at the minute. Manning hasn’t put a stamp on things yet but has already won 3 on the bounce in the league, beaten the most in form team in the league and beat the European champions in a one off game. Pearson never did any of that in his 3 years in charge, if he deserves time then so does Manning imo