IGNORED

Liam Post Match

Silvio Dante

I’ll caveat again by saying I didn’t see the game but based on comments here this seems poorly judged. The comment of “I’ve said to the players we can give you all the information but if you don’t do the basics” may be right but is total deflection from any responsibility. I can’t see it playing well with the squad overall.

Worrying.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’ll caveat again by saying I didn’t see the game but based on comments here this seems poorly judged. The comment of “I’ve said to the players we can give you all the information but if you don’t do the basics” may be right but is total deflection from any responsibility. I can’t see it playing well with the squad overall.

Worrying.

Thought the same.

It sadly reminded me a lot of LJ’s classic “players executed the game plan to perfection” or “players didn’t work to the plan well enough” lines.

Aka, if we win it’s all down to my ideas, if we don’t my ideas were great but the players didn’t carry them out. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 5

Last week he publicly questioned their mentality.

This week he’s publicly questioned their ability.

With results the way they are, it won’t end well for Manning.

We’ve got 3 HUGE games against Cardiff, Ipswich and Swansea up next - 3 games with heightened emotional attachment. 

He needs results soon or it will get very toxic.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Something relevant to this is one of the things Naismith said in Comms today. I cannot remember it verbatim so I'll paraphrase but it was essentially "I don't understand why we are playing like this. We don't do this in training and I'm sure it's not the game plan". Naismith wants honestly baffled at how badly we were playing, he couldn't explain why we were a yard off, why we weren't moving, why we just looked...ugh (apologies for the lack of eloquence)

As a number of us said in the match day thread, he's an honest commentator who doesn't pull punches. I think if he knew why we were crap he'd say.

This was during the game, and it does seem to support the idea that there is a plan that wasn't executed today...or maybe wasn't executed with enough vigour?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thought the same.

It sadly reminded me a lot of LJ’s classic “players executed the game plan to perfection” or “players didn’t work to the plan well enough” lines.

Aka, if we win it’s all down to my ideas, if we don’t my ideas were great but the players didn’t carry them out. 

Yes. Uninspiring comes to mind. Ah well, we have another week on the grass! Grass which appears to cause more injuries than actual progressive play! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Worrying.

Imho he put a shit game-plan on the table and after 15 mins should’ve realised either the players weren’t executing it or it was a bad game-plan.  I can guess from the above he thinks it’s poor execution.

But even if it is a good game-plan, it wasn’t working, then do something about it.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 18

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imho he put a shit game-plan on the table and after 15 mins should’ve realised either the players weren’t executing it or it was a bad game-plan.  I can guess from the above he thinks it’s poor execution.

But even if it is, then do something about it.

Does not have the presence nor gravitas to talk like he does. Sounding more and more like a textbook, tactics board bluffer.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But even if it is, then do something about it.

Again Dave, you know my rule - if you didn’t see the game don’t comment on the game. But dare I say that what you’re describing here is (taps sign)…adaptability and game management at heart?

• Like 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Again Dave, you know my rule - if you didn’t see the game don’t comment on the game. But dare I say that what you’re describing here is (taps sign)…adaptability and game management at heart?

Started 2 players who clearly were not match fit. First question for any serious journalist. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m only commenting on today’s game.  I’m still forming and reforming view on LM…he ain’t making it easy or me with ups and downs!

It was exactly what I feared from a match against this Sheffield Wednesday side under Rohl.

• Like 3

Maybe he’s starting to get worried about the amount of teams who are now on their 3rd manager of the season.

He makes me laugh when he says things like he’s worked on the set pieces, questioning the players mentality and if they are willing to learn. These are all the qualities and attributes we were showing under Pearson. If that’s now gone then that’s down to him.

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

LMs appointment suits JL and BT. 

JL isn't going to feel intimidated by him and Tins knows with his age and experience can manipulate and control him to his advantage. 

Tins knows he's landed in leprechaun shit...good academy manager...but now he has way too much influence. Not justified or qualified. But it suits JL as he is a 'mate' learning on the job.

LM comes across on the coaching pitch as ' one of the lads'. Slapping backs and hugs...he doesn't hold any presence or 'I'm the boss their will be consequences ' etc attitude. 

Most of the players have achieved more than him, and played under managers and coaches better than him, and some that have won the Prem. 

They will have heard it all from better coaches. 

And they are expected to respect him and his ideas. A nobody...employed by nobodies that got given a job by their billionaire dad and another that lives off scoring a winner against a crap Liverpool in the Cup. 

Says it all really. 

So miss having the presence of NP here. 

Run by cowards. 

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

LMs appointment suits JL and BT. 

JL isn't going to feel intimidated by him and Tins knows with his age and experience can manipulate and control him to his advantage. 

Tins knows he's landed in leprechaun shit...good academy manager...but now he has way too much influence. Not justified or qualified. But it suits JL as he is a 'mate' learning on the job.

LM comes across on the coaching pitch as ' one of the lads'. Slapping backs and hugs...he doesn't hold any presence or 'I'm the boss their will be consequences ' etc attitude. 

Most of the players have achieved more than him, and played under managers and coaches better than him, and some that have won the Prem. 

They will have heard it all from better coaches. 

And they are expected to respect him and his ideas. A nobody...employed by nobodies that got given a job by their billionaire dad and another that lives off scoring a winner against a crap Liverpool in the Cup. 

Says it all really. 

So miss having the presence of NP here. 

Run by cowards. 

If we want young and upcoming, put King in charge. He will not be worse. In fact I am almost certain, he would have been a better choice post Pearson. 

But get Tinnion out

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Henry said:

Maybe he’s starting to get worried about the amount of teams who are now on their 3rd manager of the season.

He makes me laugh when he says things like he’s worked on the set pieces, questioning the players mentality and if they are willing to learn. These are all the qualities and attributes we were showing under Pearson. If that’s now gone then that’s down to him.

Yep. All those things were here when he arrived. 

It's now looking like he's starting to lose the dressing room. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But even if it is a good game-plan, it wasn’t working, then do something about it.

@Davefevs was up at Sheffield today amd on long way home now.

Why does Manning persist with Wingbacks? None of his 6 league wins this season have been playing this formation.

The trio of Conway  Mehmeti and Sykes (who looked awfully rusty) were powderpuff physically and after the Ref turned down a few 50/50 physical challenges, they basically gave up the physical contest.

Pring didn't look fit and was holding his knee a bit and Sykes looked like he could have done with some Under 21 games in rehab.

My point is, Manning took until the 70rh min to change things (Wells sub) when it was clear it wasn't working at HT. He merely bought two subs on for a like for like (I don't see McCrorie as a wing back either.

He looks like a novice at this level at the moment, worrying times.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

Yet conveniently, when saying how important training time was, said the first goal against Southampton was down to them having more time “on the grass” to practise throw ins. 

• Like 2

I know it's early but maybe he should go now. Do we really trust him to get the best out of Steves warchest in the summer? He looks, and his team plays, totally boring and uninspiring. The odd "where did that come from?" game has merely papered over the cracks. There is honestly no one at the club in authority who I have any respect for. They are ruining our club and new faces and new ideas are desperately needed at the top.

Edited by marmite
Spl.
  • Like 4
  • Flames 2