IGNORED

Scott Twine…how long?

Shauntaylor85

3 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Haven’t seen anywhere how long he is out for? Or just not risked today? 

Who gives a shite?!  No disrespect intended.

1. Anyone reckon the latest lansdown puppet coach can get Twine to make the difference even if he was fit??? No, me neither.

And 2. I'll wager a pound to a penny we won't splash the cash to sign him anyway.

So he's irrelevant. Good player we had the chance to sign years ago and now won't.

Burnley are relegated. So they'll want the sort of money that shows the Lansdowns for what they are - the sort of naive Forest Gumps that can be fooled into paying 8 million quid for a centre half who almost single handedly kept us in this division (love you Tomas!) but who won't pay 4 million quid for the sort of attacker who might just get us promoted.

Idiots.

Just retire to Westbury cricket club and take your useless boy with you Lansdown, ffs.

Edit, I guess that's Guernsey cricket club three days. Or golf club.

Whatever.

We see you for what you are - well meaning... but clueless. Just like everyone else who's ever held the reins at BCFC.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

1. Anyone reckon the latest lansdown puppet coach can get Twine to make the difference even if he was fit??? No, me neither.

And 2. I'll wager a pound to a penny we won't splash the cash to sign him anyway.

So he's irrelevant. Good player we had the chance to sign years ago and now won't.

Burnley are relegated. So they'll want the sort of money that shows the Lansdowns for what they are - the sort of naive Forest Gumps that can be fooled into paying 8 million quid for a centre half who almost single handedly kept us in this division (love you Tomas!) but who won't pay 4 million quid for the sort of attacker who might just get us promoted.

Idiots.

Just retire to Westbury cricket club and take your useless boy with you Lansdown, ffs.

Whatever.

We see you for what you are - well meaning... but clueless. Just like everyone else who's ever held the reins at BCFC.

Ouch 

Guess you not happy but lot to agree with there. To many things not making sense from too many areas of the club. Wonder what will happen next. SL needs to communicate to fans cause this not looking good.

COYR 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Idiots.

Whatever.

brilliant post,now go read your DM i sent you👍 please.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Idiots.

Whatever.

Was he funding Bishopston CC?

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was he funding Bishopston CC?

Yes... who moved to Westbury where he paid for a new pavilion.

He's a cricket fan, who got dragged into football by his boy.

Cricket's his game because the rules are the rules, much like accounting, and teams stick by them by and large.

Unlike football. Where on, and off, the pitch everyone's trying to bend the rules to their advantage.

Which he can't stand.

We're both ancient enough to remember 1982. If someone had said to us then we'd one day have a billionaire owner we'd have been overjoyed.

Turns out though, it's the only billionaire owner in existence who wants to "play by the rules" because "rules are rules and fair's fair". Meanwhile tinpot Bournemouth go "fock FFP" and shoot straight past us, to name but one of no doubt many who are happy to find a way - any way - to get promoted.

In the meantime, we're supposed to be grateful if he buildt a nice grandstand and possibly some basketball court next door.

Jesus christ almighty.

There are people here who've seen us beat the champions of europe home and away in the league - long before the Lansdowns or Tinnion were around - but we're supposed to suck up this mediocrity year after year and be grateful.

Again - Jesus christ almighty.

Anyway, onwards and sideways, here's to next week! Beat bloody Cardiff and we'll all be chipper for 5 minutes.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 5
  • Robin 3

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yes... who moved to Westbury where he paid for a new pavilion

Yes, they were in the same division as us for a few seasons.  They weren’t a particularly nice bunch either.  But that’s not down to him.  But they were paying players, whilst we were paying our £5 subs each week!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Cricket's his game because the rules are the rules, much like accounting, and teams stick by them by and large.

Unlike football. Where on, and off, the pitch everyone's trying to bend the rules to their advantage.

Which he can't stand.

We're both ancient enough to remember 1982. If someone had said to us then we'd one day have a billionaire owner we'd have been overjoyed.

Turns out though, it's the only billionaire owner in existence who wants to "play by the rules" because "rules are rules and fair's fair". Meanwhile tinpot Bournemouth go "fock FFP" and shoot straight past us, to name but one of no doubt many who are happy to find a way - any way - to get promoted.

In the meantime, we're supposed to be grateful if he buildt a nice grandstand and possibly some basketball court next door.

Jesus christ almighty.

There are people here who've seen us beat the champions of europe home and away in the league - long before the Lansdowns or Tinnion were around - but we're supposed to suck up this mediocrity year after year and be grateful.

Anyway, onwards and sideways, here's to next week! Beat bloody Cardiff and we'll all be chipper for 5 minutes.

MM. Fantastic Post. Sums it all up and after 65+ years why I dont go to the Gate anymore. CTID but not under these prunes.

Edited by oldstandrobin
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Idiots.

Whatever.

Harsh on Harry Dolman, spot on otherwise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Which he can't stand.

Jesus christ almighty.

Bournemouth were perhaps the last to go up in breach of FFP but others seem more debatable since.

Was easier then, the window of opportunity under that system closed in 2015-16.

It's tightened up and tightened up since.

• Like 1

Bit of a conspiracy theory maybe- but was Twine on the bench v QPR to try to save face after the criticisms aimed at Pearson/Rennie re player availability? Also were Pring and Sykes pushed back into the starting line up despite not being ready for the same reason? Who is making the calls on player fitness? 

Can’t remember many times under Nige/Rennie when a player was brought back in whilst so obviously not ready. 

Absolute shambles. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Bit of a conspiracy theory maybe- but was Twine on the bench v QPR to try to save face after the criticisms aimed at Pearson/Rennie re player availability? Also were Pring and Sykes pushed back into the starting line up despite not being ready for the same reason? Who is making the calls on player fitness? 

Can’t remember many times under Nige/Rennie when a player was brought back in whilst so obviously not ready. 

Absolute shambles. 

Especially Pring yesterday - he looked so off the pace, especially for someone that had only missed a couple of games

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Absolute shambles. 

This crossed my mind last week when we were crying out for Twine to come on.  There was obviously no plan B, so Manning took a gamble on Twine hoping we would cruise to victory 

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Especially Pring yesterday - he looked so off the pace, especially for someone that had only missed a couple of games

Agree re Pring. I was at the QPR game in the Lansdown and Sykes (right in front of us on the right) was a million miles off being ready- a shadow of himself. 

God help us if it Binman making the calls on player fitness. 

No logical reason for no Twine introduction v QPR other than him being on the bench for ‘appearances’. Then when questioned in the aftermath he disappeared from the squad v Shef Wednesday. 

30 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

I think it was the opposite , they tended to be over cautious to make sure ( as much as possible ) that when players came back , they were back to stay. Said on numerous occasions they didn't want to rush players only to lose them for longer through breaking down.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think it was the opposite , they tended to be over cautious to make sure ( as much as possible ) that when players came back , they were back to stay. Said on numerous occasions they didn't want to rush players only to lose them for longer through breaking down.

Yeah exactly- much more sensible approach. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Absolute shambles. 

Might not be fanciful.

Remember a certain member of a certain podcast is being fed information by a certain Tecknikal director of a certain football club. And that certain member of a certain podcast was certain about certain players being certain to return to the squad on a certain date.

Certainly worth considering….

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Might not be fanciful.

Remember a certain member of a certain podcast is being fed information by a certain Tecknikal director of a certain football club. And that certain member of a certain podcast was certain about certain players being certain to return to the squad on a certain date.

It’s a circus. No question in my mind that we have moved from an upward trajectory (albeit gradual) to a downward one. Just a question of how fast and how long. As others have said, it’s heartbreaking to see. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Might not be fanciful.

Yes and that certain technical director is unprofessional in doing so. He has this thing about trying to make himself look good by putting things out there you just don't do it.

That's twice that he's had a set back after the initial injury. 

Bit of a theme occurring here which I've raised concerns about all along. 

Put Twine on the bench who wasn't fit. Played Pring and Sykes who are both not fit. 

There is something concerning that he seemingly prioritises getting players back in the team over player welfare. 

When LJ was manager it was always "I just need to sign one more player" with Manning it seems its "I just need that one more player back fit" it's the same sort of thing with both.

They consider that having more players available is the solution because they just have a total inability to accept that it's infact them that are the problem. 

• Thanks 1