IGNORED

Cardiff City at home match thread

I kept thinking we were gonna see a reaction after a bad result and performance. We didn’t. Even after going behind today, I was hoping to see a reaction. I didn’t.

That was unacceptable today.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

The old adage of be careful what you wish for really should be chucked out the window now,they are killing us 

I've said it for years like many others, we will NEVER achieve anything with Lansdown at this club.

It's time for some crazy foreign owners that may at least give us one season of relative success.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Rest of them were totally emotionless spineless pricks

Careful. I criticised players motivation and professionalism last week and was read the riot act. 

Truth is, they are not getting better...if anything they are drifting apart.

All the work of the last few seasons is now down the pan....any resilience we had has evaporated. 

Manning, out of his depth. 

SL - Clueless.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Utter shite. How do we go from Southampton to three straight defeats against poor teams?

I try to be pragmatic and say Manning needs time, but that’s inexcusable. He can go.

Quite right, lot's of clubs have sacked their manager/coach after these sort of performances, even after less games.

9 minutes ago, fanjita said:

What do you mean,keep out of a relegation battle, we’re in one NOW

Unless the bottom 3 start playing like Man City we are definitely NOT in a relegation battle ....... this season. though having just looked at the table if Stoke win today we will be only 6 points from the bottom 3 and with the fixtures we have coming up and City being City well who knows.

Edited by pillred
Just now, Spike said:

Gutless and clueless applies to Manning, I watched players throw themselves at the ball, work hard but ultimately have had their wings clipped by a god-awful management situation.

People can argue all they like about win percentage and so on but Pearson was fired off of the back of a better performance against Cardiff than that and he had literally half of his squad out injured....

Yep this is how far we have come from that away Cardiff defeat. The full circle is we have a new manager with a better squad playing worse football and arguably getting a worse result v the same team. We just played 2 home games and 1 away verses QPR, Sheff Wed and Cardiff, 1 goal 0 points and barely 5 mins of good football across the 3 games. Just sleep inducing stuff to see!!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

He’s completely out of his depth sadly . Tinnion needs to go too .

Take away Tinnion’s time as a club legend on the pitch and you’re left with a thick sounding bloke with nothing interesting to say, no leadership skills whatsoever, and a terrible managerial record.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near running the club.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Utter shite. How do we go from Southampton to three straight defeats against poor teams?

Optimistic answer: inconsistency.

Pessimistic answer: Saints, West Ham & co. having a bad day allowed us to perform better than our poor standard. 🫤

Then the tactical aspects (see Scrumpys message) are also to be considered.

Edited by Dan Robin
Just now, Numero Uno said:

9 points in ELEVEN games, definitely an appointment to give us a greater chance of success. We’ve replaced a manager with know how with a tactically inept fraud.

We as fans don’t deserve this but the ownership well and truly bloody do

You’d hope Jl and bt would be extremely embarrassed but I just don’t think they have that self awareness to realise how stupid their decision has been.

Oh well they can all have a circle jerk about behaviours later on at our expense. 

• Like 3

Anticipate there will be something of a meltdown on here after that.

So a quick few words before I walk away from this forum until tomorrow.

For me, that was one of the most sterile derby performances, I’ve ever watched. In the first half we may have just edge the game, but never dominated, the second half Cardiff probably edged it, and despite knowing about their threats from set pieces, they score from their first corner.

Consistently, we failed to deliver a decisive ball in the final third, and didn’t create enough chances given we were at home against an average championship team.

In truth, two very, very average teams, and as has been the case throughout the season, we again we’re simply not good enough.

Frustrating, yet again, to watch with nothing much to get the fans excited and given our last three results and performances very much a reality check for everyone associated with Bristol City football club. We are a long, long way from being a top end team.

To finish I’ll come back to the word ‘sterile’ which sums up LM for me and it’s an anpproach already being reflected in this squad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1