IGNORED

Game off?? **100% ON**

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not really forecast so gritters etc won’t have been out which increases impact. Looks difficult to get out of Yate - we’ll just have to inbreed.

I'm in yate, have to get to the ground early today for mascot and hospitality package going to attempt to get off my drive soon 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If the area around AG is fine then the game will be on. 

We had this against Sheffield Wednesday a few years back, the rest of Bristol was hit quite badly but around BS3 it wasn’t so bad and the game went ahead.

Didn’t we win that game 4-0 aswell?

I know I’m clutching…

• Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

I don’t think people would take a post title off otib as gospel so therefore doubt many would think the games off just by looking at a title but each to there own, if they did I would say that’s clumsy!! 

Probably not but was making the general point to all about naming threads better. Taken to be an insult by some, when clumsy (as listed) often the reason. Pointing that out is not an insult, albeit the face palmers disagree. As you say, each to their own.

• Like 1

Am about to drive from Berkshire, and people moaning in Bristol, saying can't get the car out etc. Spoken to a few local friends and what is being shown on here is hysteria at it's finest. 

What has happened to this country?

The term snowflake has never been more apt. 

Just drive carefully where there is snow and you'll be fine.

Talk of canceling a game due to a bit of snow.. give your heads a wobble. 

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 9
  • Confused 3
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, Super said:

Was any of this actually forecasted?

On higher ground and Forest of Dean I think they said, but rain is due anyway.

I did check the BBC last night and it was just light rain all day...... surprise :thumbsup:

No snow in Headley Park about 5 mins from stadium, I know none of us want to put ourselves through 90 more minutes of City having no idea how to break down a poor team but we’re going to have to stomach it!

9 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Am about to drive from Berkshire, and people moaning in Bristol, saying can't get the car out etc. Spoken to a few local friends and what is being shown on here is hysteria at it's finest. 

Not every driveway or road is an open main road for everybody. It’s not as easy for some like you suggest!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Think the game will go on, but looking at the snow from my window in Emersons Green not so confident that the P&R from Brislington will be running

I’m in Emerson’s too EG Red and it’s fairly deep isn’t it. Buses running up and down Emerson way though.

I expect it’ll be on if it’s not as bad in south Bristol but not sure I fancy driving looking at the roads round here as it stands 

13 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

It might not affect you but will other people.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mattredrobin said:

I'm in yate, have to get to the ground early today for mascot and hospitality package going to attempt to get off my drive soon 

Ouch. Good luck mate, I’ve just been for a run in it and it’s treacherous underfoot

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super said:

It might not affect you but will other people.

We are lucky to have people to tell us what does and doesn't affect our lives .

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Wow, it must be amazing to be as heroic as you. I am in awe, you brave hero.

PS "its"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Wow, it must be amazing to be as heroic as you. I am in awe, you brave hero.

PS "its"

Knighthood material this, all the way from Berkshire? Madness, pure and utter madness. NASA astronauts will be in awe of your feat and bravery.

Edited by Ziderarmy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

IMG_5020.thumb.jpeg.abf933ee41cbdae7964ff95db8d4ebae.jpeg

TBF it does look pretty snowy over East Bristol (in the background) this morning. However already thawing and turning to rain up here in Kingsdown. Also snowy looking north towards Purdown and south towards Redcliffe but can’t see over towards Ashton Gate from up here.