IGNORED

Joe Williams - now we see it!

Said the same thing earlier, played his way out of a new contract last few games. Couldn’t help but laugh when he passed it to one of the stewards instead of his team mate and proceeded to blame everyone else 😂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Spent most the game just shouting at players for his own errors. 

Anyone notice what his spat with Dickie was about at ft?

That’s says a lot about the player’s mentality cos that seems to be happening more and more spats between players recently. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

He’s shocking on the ball so slow predictable and immobile , just like all our other midfield options! The fact we’re having to start Andy King in 2024 is so embarrasing I actually felt sorry for him today his legs went about 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mjd said:

I believe there is a lot of dissection in the rank and file at the moment.

Disaffection? Yes agree there were a lot of unhappy players out there yesterday having a go at each other. McCrorie was livid with Sykes in the second half and vice versa. It all suggests that the strong, happy bonds that appeared to have been created under the previous managerial regime have gone. Doesn’t help when the new coach constantly blames the players rather than taking any blame himself for the defeats.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

Can you blame him?

I’m not sure I’d single him out from today tbf. 

I wouldn’t single out any player, in terms of the performance it’s definitely better than the last two. But I think balancing everything I think this season we should be letting him go

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

Did you ever get beat up like that by a full-back when defending a corner Dave?

Yeah, I was a “soft as shite” Centre-half!

Seriously though, I’ve watched it back….yet.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I was a “soft as shite” Centre-half!

Seriously though, I’ve watched it back….yet.

Be interested on your thoughts, especially seeing as Joe was clearly designated marker of their top scorer on the corner. 

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Be interested on your thoughts, especially seeing as Joe was clearly designated marker of their top scorer on the corner. 

And you have to wonder who thought that was a good idea and why?! 

20 hours ago, IAmNick said:

He looked completely despondent at the end today. Holding his hands up to the fans in apology, head down.

Not a happy man.

The only one who had the balls to apologise which I appreciated tbf.  

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Just watched it.

Through blocking, pulling, etc, etc, he’s got Joe off balance so that he can’t jump / defend it.  I don’t think it’s him being weak per-se.

Its poor, and its cost us a goal but I see it as “shit happens”.  That’s sounds like I’m sitting on the fence, but I think as a collective it’s a bad goal.  We know the area they want to hit, can we block that better…at the expense of marking?

Edited by Davefevs

20 hours ago, Hocca said:

He’s shocking on the ball so slow predictable and immobile , just like all our other midfield options! The fact we’re having to start Andy King in 2024 is so embarrasing I actually felt sorry for him today his legs went about 2 years ago. 

It would help if our midfielders faced the way they were playing more often, constantly Williams and King took the easy option passing it back to the centre halves without even thinking, it was as if the ball was a hot potato, James was exactly the same against QPR, more responsibility is needed

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just watched it.

Through blocking, pulling, etc, etc, he’s got Joe off balance so that he can’t jump / defend it.  I don’t think it’s him being weak per-se.

Its poor, and its cost us a goal but I see it as “shit happens”.  That’s sounds like I’m sitting on the fence, but I think as a collective it’s a bad goal.  We know the area they want to hit, can we block that better…at the expense of marking?

My thoughts too. Best set-piece record in the league, first corner, top scorer.

Surely you are doing all you can to avoid the obvious?

Thought Ng schooled him though. Joe had to fight there. How has he let him even get off the ground?