IGNORED

Liam Post Match

Just now, cityexile said:

I thought the standard now regardless of length of contract, was to insert ‘but a max of 12 months payout if sacked’.

I we really are all in for 3 years then more fool us. Even then, that cost would have to be balanced against the cost of relegation.

Simon Jordan was talking about this the other day. He said there are always break clauses in managerial contracts . Surely tinnion couldn’t be that ******* stupid , could he ? 
Think I’ve answered my own question 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

He seems very nervous. Doesn’t believe what he is saying. The lack of eye contact is not an admirable trait for somebody in his role. Moving from side to side. Weak vocals. A person who has jumped at the opportunity to increase his wages, but knows he lacks the ability, skill and persona to ‘coach’ (Not manage) at this level.

Manning reeks of cosy, comfortable, average Lansdown’s Bristol City. 

I know it’s a cliche to say he’s out of depth but I honestly think he is .  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Simon Jordan was talking about this the other day. He said there are always break clauses in managerial contracts . Surely tinnion couldn’t be that ******* stupid , could he ? 
Think I’ve answered my own question 

Probably part of his negotiations that he’d want assurance over the minimum severance term on the basis that he was a) approached by us b) would be leaving a leave a club he was performing well at.

He actually said on his RB interview he takes responsibility and won’t throw the players under the bus. Then goes on to rid himself of blame and lays it pretty much at the players feet. Cannot stand his interviews. Perhaps if we were decent to watch and were picking up points they’d be easier to put up with.  

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Do you want to hear from Ian Gay? I know we all do. Apparently it was all down to the injuries and we don’t have a big enough squad and we shouldn’t sack Manning due to cost.

Total belter.

What an absolute ***.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Do you want to hear from Ian Gay? I know we all do. Apparently it was all down to the injuries and we don’t have a big enough squad and we shouldn’t sack Manning due to cost.

Total belter.

Time to get the buckets out then ! Whip round anyone ?

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It isn't. Lj's teams were at least watchable.

A few times for sure.

Always loved the way he would buy players and then try and play them in a completely different position. 

The only one who ever commented publicly was Benik Afobi who said I’ll always do a job for the team. 😂 

This bloke is exactly the same. We are going to do it my way and I let the Tombola decide!  

Its the Pep way apparently. 

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Do you mean MK Dons?

Someone posted his last post-match interview before he got sacked there the other day, it was remarkably similar to today's.

Yes I'm sure he did mean MK but LM did come perilously close to getting relegated at Oxford last season. They were admittedly in a downward spiral when he took over but it was only a win over FGR in I think the penultimate game, which I think ensured safety. I mean I think I could manage a team to beat FGR in the last couple of seasons!

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Shows what that clown knows. No manager has their entire contract paid up. There will be a % paid . 

Yep. The days of managers getting a full contract payout are long gone.

I had felt some sympathy for Liam. It’s not his fault what happened prior to his appointment. 

That only lasts so long with interviews like this. This is the sort of message managers give when they go into a club which is in bits. That wasn’t the case here. 

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If your comment is accurate and he has a 3 year payout, then it’s pretty damning on Tinnion. In any assessment, Liam was a punt (not managed at this level before, sacked at the level below a year prior). Oxford on appointing him because of the doubt put in a minimal break clause. We should have done the same. Had he had confidence he could do it, he would have agreed. But basically, it seems we’ve opened our legs for people because our Tecknical team are pretty shocking

A 3 year payout in a league where the average time a manager stays in post is 9 months. Wow..

Get the cheque book out Tinnion.

• Like 1

There surely must be a break clause in his contract? Surely? If there isn’t that would take incompetence to a whole new level, and the fact that we’re thinking it might be true tells us all we need to know….