IGNORED

Liam Post Match

The “biggest bit” here is the lack of accountability and the thematic from priors of the team being well coached and it’s them who are the problem. He mentions that Pat Mountain had coached the team on what to expect from the set piece but we still conceded (and that’s fair - we all knew how Cardiff would attack), but if you want the take home quote skip to 1:45 “We’ll do the coaching and we’ll do the work to get you there but it’s what happens at the end of it”

He talks in the interview earlier about leadership and accountability but doesn’t seem to show an ounce of it. Add to the delusional only one in twenty poor performances pre match (I’m assuming this was fine so it’s now one in 21 other than QPR and Weds) and you see a real issue - either he’s blinded by the “process” must come good or he genuinely sees nothing wrong in what he’s doing. And if you’re in that mindset, you ain’t the man to manage a football club Liam…

• Like 14
  • Flames 3

Talks about coaching the team and giving them the tools. Someone needs to tell him it's not just about coaching and time on the grass

What the man management?

What about the in game management?

What about giving the players confidence in themselves?

Wait a minute that might take away from his time on the grass which seems to be going so well at the moment. NOT

MANNING OUT

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

My God he is so uninspiring. In terms of a lack of passion, he makes SO’D look like Brian Clough! Would I give everything for that coach? Nope. Because I wouldn’t trust him to ever take any responsibility for getting it wrong. It’s all about the coaches did a great job, but the players didn’t execute. We used to call out LJ for throwing the players under the bus, but Manning is a different level of denial that any of this might be his fault.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Yes, not his fault again. Done all lthe work, given them the tools, step up and be counted, blah, yawn, blah:

It’s never his fault.

Always finds some feeble excuse or simply blames the players for not understanding or delivering his marvellous coaching and tactics on the pitch.

Reckon we’d do a lot better without his training sessions and over-complication of what is basically a simple, fairly straightforward sport that even little kids understand.

Should change his name to Liam Moaning.

56 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The “biggest bit” here is the lack of accountability and the thematic from priors of the team being well coached and it’s them who are the problem. He mentions that Pat Mountain had coached the team on what to expect from the set piece but we still conceded (and that’s fair - we all knew how Cardiff would attack), but if you want the take home quote skip to 1:45 “We’ll do the coaching and we’ll do the work to get you there but it’s what happens at the end of it”

He talks in the interview earlier about leadership and accountability but doesn’t seem to show an ounce of it. Add to the delusional only one in twenty poor performances pre match (I’m assuming this was fine so it’s now one in 21 other than QPR and Weds) and you see a real issue - either he’s blinded by the “process” must come good or he genuinely sees nothing wrong in what he’s doing. And if you’re in that mindset, you ain’t the man to manage a football club Liam…

He looks like a rabbit in the headlights doesn't he. Dear oh dear what what a truly horrendous appointment.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

My God he is so uninspiring. In terms of a lack of passion, he makes SO’D look like Brian Clough! Would I give everything for that coach? Nope. Because I wouldn’t trust him to ever take any responsibility for getting it wrong. It’s all about the coaches did a great job, but the players didn’t execute. We used to call out LJ for throwing the players under the bus, but Manning is a different level of denial that any of this might be his fault.

Bring back Nige - all is forgiven!!!!

52 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Yes, not his fault again. Done all lthe work, given them the tools, step up and be counted, blah, yawn, blah:

He seems very nervous. Doesn’t believe what he is saying. The lack of eye contact is not an admirable trait for somebody in his role. Moving from side to side. Weak vocals. A person who has jumped at the opportunity to increase his wages, but knows he lacks the ability, skill and persona to ‘coach’ (Not manage) at this level.

Manning reeks of cosy, comfortable, average Lansdown’s Bristol City. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

44 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I have idea Liam

Let's play 2 up front, because our strikers look isolated and lost and the moment.

I mean, I can give you the ideas, but whether you take it on board and apply it in the game is a different matter.

Blimey, I'm sounding like you!

Makes you wonder how the players sound!

11 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

He looks like a rabbit in the headlights doesn't he. Dear oh dear what what a truly horrendous appointment.

Trouble is, he’s not even likeable is he? 
Monotone, bland, robotic and lacking in personality are one thing… he may not be able to change but a bit of humility wouldn’t go a miss. Would it kill him to apologise to us supporters for that no-show? He genuinely thinks this is nothing to do with him. He’s a theorist, it’s learnt from books and courses but he’s showing no ability to adapt to situations, there is zero creativity on the pitch or in his decision making. 

• Like 2

The strange thing is in my 40 years following city I’ve not had the inclination to listen to a single manning interview. 
Even Benny bless him had a bit of passion about him and was doing what he thought was best, this guy seems to think football is some excel formula you tweak depending on the opposition 

• Like 6

So on summary, throws all the players under the bus as nothing was his fault, admits to being happy with a 0-0, comes over as not giving a dam about anything that happened, 

Yep that really is a man who's going to inspire a team 

• Like 2