IGNORED

Liam Post Match

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Well I’m inspired.

Think insipid is spelled like this

1 hour ago, CS Red said:

Talks about coaching the team and giving them the tools. Someone needs to tell him it's not just about coaching and time on the grass

What the man management?

What about the in game management?

What about giving the players confidence in themselves?

Wait a minute that might take away from his time on the grass which seems to be going so well at the moment. NOT

MANNING OUT

Give yourself a big 💥 for this post.

• Like 1

Really worrying interview. I'm trying my best to like him but it's a struggle, he's quite hard to listen to and like others have said isn't taking any responsibility at all... Not much to feel positive about at the moment!

• Like 1

I think he’s worse than LJ for throwing players under the bus and that’s going some.

Just rank bad man management.  Slam the dressing room door and do the shouting and pointing at players in there (Warnock style) if he feels players are not responding, not in a press interview, then come out and take the responsibility.

Comes across far too superior and shows no anger after losing a derby in that style, imagine a Cotts interview after that today.

Shocking PR

Also be nice to hear from BT for once, all very quiet now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

When was the last player interview post defeat? Be interesting to hear their words and watch their body language.

They need to show more than they have today. Only showed some urgency in the last 5 mins. 

Passion has surely got to be a key ingredient of any manager/coach. Yet Manning seems devoid of both. How he can show none and pass an interview shows if it needed to just how unfit the Lansdowns are to make any football decisions. And how the ones they have made continues erode our management and team. This can only go one way and that is relegation this year or next. And by then the Lansdowns will have eroded the fan base as well.

25 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’ll say it until I’m blue in the face.  The best managers TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. In football and in life.   Take some Manning ffs.  

Not sure I ever heard Jose take any!

Bloke on radio Bristol saying Liam Manning is going nowhere and in the next breath saying we could get relegated! Sigh!

The idea that we would have been here if Pearson was still at the club is nuts  

Most of our players are back Manning has a huge choice and has been allowed to bring some in and we serve up crap again again and again  

There are People saying we need this signing or that signing to play the Manning way. So they are going to give this **** money denied to Pearson, if we don’t get relegated,on the basis of what?

This is LJ all over again!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Bloke on radio Bristol saying Liam Manning is going nowhere and in the next breath saying we could get relegated! Sigh!

The idea that we would have been here if Pearson was still at the club is nuts  

Most of our players are back Manning has a huge choice and has been allowed to bring some in and we serve up crap again again and again  

There are People saying we need this signing or that signing to play the Manning way. So they are going to give this **** money denied to Pearson, if we don’t get relegated,on the basis of what?

This is LJ all over again!

Do you want to hear from Ian Gay? I know we all do. Apparently it was all down to the injuries and we don’t have a big enough squad and we shouldn’t sack Manning due to cost.

Total belter.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Passion has surely got to be a key ingredient of any manager/coach. Yet Manning seems devoid of both. How he can show none and pass an interview shows if it needed to just how unfit the Lansdowns are to make any football decisions. And how the ones they have made continues erode our management and team. This can only go one way and that is relegation this year or next. And by then the Lansdowns will have eroded the fan base as well.

Tell you what in one very basic way

Which is likely to produce more from a player

A  word , a grin , laugh and bear hug around the shoulder around the training ground which appeared a very regular occurrence under a certain manager

A chat with , or technical session by Liam

Human nature -  footballers and most humans

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

What a terrible interview, and confirms he is out of his depth. His tone of speaking and delivery.  I never thought I would ever have been able to write the following, ever, but he makes SOD sound interesting. 

He has minimal charisma and no gravitas. Now I know why we are awful in the second half after a team talk with that delivery. 

Klopp, Arteta, Pep, Ange , spot a charisma and leadership trend there? 

15 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Do you want to hear from Ian Gay? I know we all do. Apparently it was all down to the injuries and we don’t have a big enough squad and we shouldn’t sack Manning due to cost.

Total belter.

I’ve replied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that is the first time in my 30 years plus I’ve ever heard a coach actively talking about digging in for a 0-0 as if it’s a good thing.

Utterly insipid, and I really cannot believe the gall and arrogance of the Lansdowns to get rid of Pearson and replace him with this sh1te-house.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair I think he was going to see us in the premier league.

We won’t be hearing from any of them once again, until we’re safe (fingers crossed) and then they’ll tell us how lucky we are that they’re going to give LM lots of money in the summer. 

32 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Total belter.

Wow, don’t remember him giving such allowances for NP!!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve replied.

If your comment is accurate and he has a 3 year payout, then it’s pretty damning on Tinnion. In any assessment, Liam was a punt (not managed at this level before, sacked at the level below a year prior). Oxford on appointing him because of the doubt put in a minimal break clause. We should have done the same. Had he had confidence he could do it, he would have agreed. But basically, it seems we’ve opened our legs for people because our Tecknical team are pretty shocking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Total belter.

Shows what that clown knows. No manager has their entire contract paid up. There will be a % paid . 

• Like 1

Swear he used to say it didn't matter if Pearson had injuries to his squad. Work with what you've got and now Manning has some injuries it's the first thing he calls to as an excuse.

What a Muppet.

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Total belter.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Shows what that clown knows. No manager has their entire contract paid up. There will be a % paid . 

I thought the standard now regardless of length of contract, was to insert ‘but a max of 12 months payout if sacked’.

I we really are all in for 3 years then more fool us. Even then, that cost would have to be balanced against the cost of relegation.

• Like 2