IGNORED

From 4 points off the playoffs to 6 points from relegation

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the worm turned today.

Yeah the reaction at the end was one I haven't seen at AG for some time.

Felt it was the culmination of months of frustration- partially due to results and performances but also the narrative since November, the needlessness of it all and perhaps the fracturing of fan and club unity.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, The Masked Man said:

I'm worried. Three of the next four are Ipswich, Leicester and West Brom. We can't create chances and there are increased instances of the players getting frustrated with each other on the pitch. We were really lucky to beat Boro. If we're not careful the next time we're challenging for the top six will be in League One. Really need Scott Twine back and hope he can be the creative spark we need. 

We really are in the brown stuff . People will look at those fixtures and say  “ we’ll be far better against the better sides “! BUT whilst we’ve done well this season against  attacking sides , this time we’re going into it with our confidence shot and the realisation that a relegation spot could be ours if we don’t win more than one of those four games ! 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah the reaction at the end was one I haven't seen at AG for some time.

Felt the culmination of months of frustration- partially due to results and performances but also the narrative since November, the needlessness of it all and perhaps the fracturing of fan and club unity.

At the end you could just feel how negative and angry it was in the stadium, and it wasn’t just about losing a derby against Cardiff. If JL and BT didn’t pick up on that they would have to be deaf, blind and dumb. But then given some of their decisions, that description of them could be completely correct!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

15 hours ago, kit said:

I think today is the day we were sucked into the relegation picture.

No chance, there’s only 2 places up for grabs and 1 of those were 9 points clear of (10 with GD). There’s worse teams than us, we aren’t at risk IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

No chance, there’s only 2 places up for grabs and 1 of those were 9 points clear of (10 with GD). There’s worse teams than us, we aren’t at risk IMO.

Apart from Rotherham, what teams are worse than us ? You have seen the form table for the last 10 games I assume.

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Is there any point in predicting results?  It’s the championship. 

Exactly. Qpr won at Leicester I wouldn't completely write us off on Tuesday obviously we'll have to play a lot better.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

If you look across the last 35 we are 13th. We could do this all day!  

Exactly. It’s pointless. Just like our team over the last 3.

Truth is, though, when you look at our games against teams currently placed 17th or lower, we’ve only beaten Millwall on opening day, Rotherham in October and Sheff Weds in Fleming’s game.

We’ve lost to Blackburn, QPR, Millwall, Birmingham, Stoke and Sheff Weds, whilst drawing with the rest.

We’re in trouble.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is it Leicester who are 23rd? We're better than Leicester then. All good.

Yeah, but I reckon they’ve got enough points to be safe. 🤣

16 hours ago, lenred said:

Still think we already have enough points as we are but that’s not a defence of the ******* shitshow being served up. 

Don’t think we’ve got enough points at all . Most of the teams below us are gaining some momentum . Our next for games are Ipswich , Swansea, West Brom & Leicester . Can’t see much of a return from that lot 

16 hours ago, lenred said:

Still think we already have enough points as we are but that’s not a defence of the ******* shitshow being served up. 

We don’t have enough points yet - need at least two more wins from 11 games and I can’t see where they’re coming from.

Another loss at Portman Rd on Tuesday it’ll be squeezey bum time.

• Haha 1

Spoken about relegation in another thread - I personally don’t think we’ll actually go down, but I can see us getting sucked down the league to an uncomfortable position - I wouldn’t be surprised to see us within 3/4 points of it at some point, at this rate - which is frankly shocking.

But the simple fact we’re even discussing it, we shouldn’t even be having this conversation - and those who defend Manning are now saying “we’ll be safe” is a sad reflection on how much of shit show we’re seeing - from nicely placed when he came in and lots of play off chat - to now:

12 points from play offs.

6 points from relegation zone. 

And going backwards.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

One of the problems is the belief. I'm looking at the players and I am starting to see one or two not believing in his coaching techniques. So he's starting to lose the dressing room. Yesterday he said we did all the work but its up to the players who have to express themselves in the final third. He points to the stats in such a way that backs him up. Next he'll be saying they're not his players, the ones that are not performing. He puts a lot of emphasis on Twine because he's coached him before and can "trust" him, yet he's been injured most of the time here. So, rather than looking at the team collective, he'll slot him in no matter what. A bit like the unfit Pring last week at the expense of a fit Roberts.

I think he's already panicking and making knee jerk reactions. A clear and worrying sign of someone in the deep end, way out of his league 1 depth  who's lost confidence, not in his methods as he steadfastly believes them to be correct, but it's in his inability to adapt and harness what he has at his disposal.

He says it will be back to basics for Tuesday which I read as the players are not good enough to implement his methods. The rot has set in, especially judging by the reaction of the fans at the end of the match yesterday. City fans, I believe, are usually very forgiving &  supportive and back the coach/manager. This reaction can't have been lost on the hierarchy who are already thinking about season ticket sales. 

On the whole, we have been generally  poor at home this season and that includes Pearson's reign. But the overriding difference is that there was a belief in the former's methods that it will come good, that has evaporated with the latter. I have no doubt that Manning is a good coach but this has been a chastening experience for him in that you need the right club at Championship level for your methods to click. I just think with the type of playing staff we have its not the right fit.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Swede said:

One of the problems is the belief. I'm looking at the players and I am starting to see one or two not believing in his coaching techniques. So he's starting to lose the dressing room. Yesterday he said we did all the work but its up to the players who have to express themselves in the final third. He points to the stats in such a way that backs him up. Next he'll be saying they're not his players, the ones that are not performing. He puts a lot of emphasis on Twine because he's coached him before and can "trust" him, yet he's been injured most of the time here. So, rather than looking at the team collective, he'll slot him in no matter what. A bit like the unfit Pring last week at the expense of a fit Roberts.

I think he's already panicking and making knee jerk reactions. A clear and worrying sign of someone in the deep end, way out of his league 1 depth  who's lost confidence, not in his methods as he steadfastly believes them to be correct, but it's in his inability to adapt and harness what he has at his disposal.

He says it will be back to basics for Tuesday which I read as the players are not good enough to implement his methods. The rot has set in, especially judging by the reaction of the fans at the end of the match yesterday. City fans, I believe, are usually very forgiving &  supportive and back the coach/manager. This reaction can't have been lost on the hierarchy who are already thinking about season ticket sales. 

On the whole, we have been generally  poor at home this season and that includes Pearson's reign. But the overriding difference is that there was a belief in the former's methods that it will come good, that has evaporated with the latter. I have no doubt that Manning is a good coach but this has been a chastening experience for him in that you need the right club at Championship level for your methods to click. I just think with the type of playing staff we have its not the right fit.

He’s abdicating his responsibility.

Thats probably the worst thing he can say, in effect “I’ve done my bit, over to you”….he's not in there with them.

The stats but was a joke.

Yep, he’s thrown his principles out.  And that along with the interviews tipped me over the edge, because I don’t think he can come back from this.

So, I’ve gone quickly to sack him.  I don’t like it, I want him to succeed, and I quite like some of his ways.  But he’s betrayed what was coming out of his mouth, which was that his methods were 💯 solid, he 💯 believed in them, and he’d make them work, to almost a position of “it’s their fault”.

Out I’m afraid.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1