IGNORED

From 4 points off the playoffs to 6 points from relegation

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Still think we already have enough points as we are but that’s not a defence of the ******* shitshow being served up. 

I hope so but, sounds obvious, we need  goals and no sign in the past two home games.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I hope so but, sounds obvious, we need  goals and no sign in the past two home games.

Oh I agree completely. Just can’t see it atm as I think we already have enough.  It’s a sad position to be on though. 

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Don’t mean to be a big ol worrypants and bring everyone down but 3 games ago we were 15 points clear of the bottom 3.

That’s what happens when you are mid table in the Championship and lose 3 on the bounce. What’s just as worrying is that we have some of the worst form in the division in 2024. Keep playing the same way we did today and there is no reason to think that’s going to change. Manning is way out of his depth and we can only hope for a couple of fluky results to get us to safety.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s a worrying slide no doubt but if we get relegated from the starting point Pearson gave us then even I will be lost for words for the first time in my life 

I won't be lost for words and they will be directed to SL, JL, BT and most of all Manning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Still think we already have enough points as we are but that’s not a defence of the ******* shitshow being served up. 

Yeah im not sure now, that table has tightened right up,, sheffield weds were gone a few games ago, and they are close too, more importantly, we are in pathetic form, where as other are picking up points, in 3/4 weeks it could look very different unless we get a win or 2,,, that 6 point gap could be closed up in a couple of weeks.

I reckon we are deep in the brown stuff. If we were losing games 2-3, or 3-4 I’d be a bit more relaxed, but we’ve stopped scoring as witnessed in the last few games. Difficult to see where the goals are going to come from under the current format. Add to this the fact the players may have lost confidence in him and are no longer putting in a shift. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah im not sure now, that table has tightened right up,, sheffield weds were gone a few games ago, and they are close too, more importantly, we are in pathetic form, where as other are picking up points, in 3/4 weeks it could look very different unless we get a win or 2,,, that 6 point gap could be closed up in a couple of weeks.

I thought before the Southampton, Boro, Wednesday and QPR swing that we could be really in trouble as I didn’t see us getting anything at all from the first two.  We won the first two which were fantastic results but it’s just gone south since. Still think though we will end up 16th/17th.   A shitshow but not relegated.  

• Like 2

Earlier in the season before Pearson was sacked there was a survey which indicated we were the 3rd most over performing club based on the squads. Ipswich and Preston were the two teams above us, they have maintained that status. Forgetting the lunacy of both J.L. & B.T. perceptions of the squads top 6 potential L.M. is now simply illustrating Pearson and his coaching teams quality and success  in delivering that over achievement especially bearing in mind the thin squad available to them at that time.Normally new coaches or once upon a time managers came in and created an immeadiate "spike" with improved performances and results, sadly from treading water we seem to be being sucked further down!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BarneyCity said:

Has anyone got the time to create a league table of the games since Manning arrived & one of NP games, and show them side by side?

Google something like "championship table since" and there is something thqt can do a table for a date range.

We are p20 23 points 15th and 5 points clear of bottom 3 with that table I think.

2 hours ago, kit said:

Google something like "championship table since" and there is something thqt can do a table for a date range.

We are p20 23 points 15th and 5 points clear of bottom 3 with that table I think.

Thanks for that Kit, fairly lays bare the absolute horror show of form. I can’t get over how things were improving, players were coming back, and then we shot ourselves in the foot big style!

I'm worried. Three of the next four are Ipswich, Leicester and West Brom. We can't create chances and there are increased instances of the players getting frustrated with each other on the pitch. We were really lucky to beat Boro. If we're not careful the next time we're challenging for the top six will be in League One. Really need Scott Twine back and hope he can be the creative spark we need. 

3 hours ago, BarneyCity said:

Has anyone got the time to create a league table of the games since Manning arrived & one of NP games, and show them side by side?

3 hours ago, kit said:

NP games: 18 points in 14 games (1.28 per game). 15th, 8 pts clear of bottom 3

LM games: 23 points in 20 games (1.15 per game). 15th, 5 points clear of bottom 3

Inconsistency, signs of promise followed by disappointment, seems to be the over-riding characteristic of both!

Curtis Fleming, on the other hand…….😀😀

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

NP games: 18 points in 14 games (1.28 per game). 15th, 8 pts clear of bottom 3

LM games: 23 points in 20 games (1.15 per game). 15th, 5 points clear of bottom 3

Inconsistency, signs of promise followed by disappointment, seems to be the over-riding characteristic of both!

Curtis Fleming, on the other hand…….😀😀

Revealing

8 points clear of bottom 3 after 14 games

5 points clear of bottom 3 after 34 games

Sort of tells its own story there

Definitely not a great sign of any sort of progress or even stability wouldn’t you say 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Revealing

8 points clear of bottom 3 after 14 games

5 points clear of bottom 3 after 34 games

Sort of tells its own story there

Definitely not a great sign of any sort of progress or even stability wouldn’t you say 

As always, people will pick what they want from a set of stats to prove what they want to prove!

To be honest, the ‘points from bottom 3’ has a lot more to do with how adrift Rotherham, QPR and Wednesday all were after 14 games. At that time there was a gap of 4 points between 3rd and 4th from bottom. Right now, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th from bottom all have the same points

Not much sign of progress, certainly. But not desperately worse either. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

Just now, italian dave said:

As always, people will pick what they want from a set of stats to prove what they want to prove!

To be honest, the ‘points from bottom 3’ has a lot more to do with how adrift Rotherham, QPR and Wednesday all were after 14 games. At that time there was a gap of 4 points between 3rd and 4th from bottom. Right now, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th from bottom all have the same points.

Not much sign of progress, certainly. But not much worse either. 

Dave

I have great respect for you as someone who clearly travels as many miles as probably anyone who supports the Club.

But you don’t like any whiff of criticism , (Although you weren’t so supportive of NP) and sorry , but if the Club served up a s**t sandwich for you , you would point out that it at least came with salad

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Dave

I have great respect for you as someone who clearly travels as many miles as probably anyone who supports the Club.

But you don’t like any whiff of criticism , (Although you weren’t so supportive of NP) and sorry , but if the Club served up a s**t sandwich for you , you would point out that it at least came with salad

Actually, I’ve been very critical of the catering this season 😂😂

I’ve no problem with criticism. I’ve been critical of the way the departure of NP was handled. I’ve been critical of decisions that both NP and LM have made.

But I’m always supportive of whoever is in charge of the team because I believe they want what’s best for the club, I want them to succeed, and I always hope (sometimes against hope) that they’ll turn the corner and find that success.

And that was the case as much for NP as for anyone else. You won’t find any posts from me that were unduly critical of him, or that called for him to be sacked. I still believe that he did a fantastic job of rescuing us from a financial mess without us ever really looking relegation candidates.

I’m as disappointed as anyone with the last three games. It gives me the same doubts as others about our direction. But what I don’t agree with is the vitriolic pile on that happened in the hour or two after the game today.

And what I’ve always struggled with is the knee jerk ‘sack xxx’ without any positive suggestion for what we do to make things better. It’s always easy to shout ‘get rid of xxx’, change xx, but without a plan that will demonstrably improve things it’s just pure negativity. And help no-one, least of all the person currently charged with taking the club forward. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m guessing we had the bounce then?

image.thumb.png.2b35f0ecc57c9cc9de465b5999d768f7.png

You produce a lot of good stats which I read with interest, but why do people at the club take no notice at what is going on ? Find it all really frustrating.
Can only assume a buy out is planned, hopefully soon.

This season is gonna get very toxic quick.

It just can’t continue.

2 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

You produce a lot of good stats which I read with interest, but why do people at the club take no notice at what is going on ? Find it all really frustrating.
Can only assume a buy out is planned, hopefully soon.

This season is gonna get very toxic quick.

It just can’t continue.

I think the worm turned today.

• Like 4