IGNORED

Is This Now a Relegation Battle

REDOXO

I saw a few weeks ago a very well known poster write the word ‘behave’ when it was mentioned we could be in a relegation fight before long. 

We are now six points clear of the last relegation spot, looking like ass with none of us seeing where the next win is coming from. 

I’m not so sure we aren’t going to be dragged right into it!

• Facepalm 1

Just now, REDOXO said:

I saw a few weeks ago a very well known poster write the word ‘behave’ when it was mentioned we could be in a relegation fight before long. 

We are now six points clear of the last relegation spot, looking like ass with none of us seeing where the next win is coming from. 

We will be by next Sunday. Only one way we are heading in the league table and that’s down. On another thread, posters were asked where they wanted us to finish this season and I stick by what I said then “21st or above”. The last 2 games of the season against Rotherham and Stoke are going to be enormous.

• Like 1

Our next four games i cant see us getting more than a point so yes we should be worried the way we are playing. The players dont seem interested in playing for Manning and now the fans have turned on him

Just now, REDOXO said:

Well could have to beat Rotherham at home or it could be down to Stoke away last game; before that its Blackburn/Sunderland/Plymouth

Looks like may well be 50+ points needed, given everyone at the bottom bar Rotherham is fighting hard to pick up points.

I mean, 6 or so points from 11 matches should be fairly straightforward. Fall off a cliff next 4 and who the bloody hell knows. Picked up nil points from an on paper easy run of matches.

Let’s say I would rather go to Stoke on the last day at least 4 points above them.

Our main saving grace is the sheer volume of teams that would need to be better than us picking up points where we don't. 

I don't see us going the rest of the season without picking up points, I think some teams will try to out pass us rather than frustrate and they seem to be the teams we look better against.

What concerns me is Manning blaming players for his poor gameplaning. A few more losses on the trot and they may just reach the "I'm done with this guy" situation and then how do you get any fight out of the players. 

I don't think we'll be relegated, but it's certainly not something I'd fully dismiss right now. 

• Like 4

Its currently tracking at 50ish points might not be enough. 

Probably need minimum of 2 wins possibly will need 3 wins and a draw or two. We're getting worse and can't see where a result is coming from. Or hope that millwall/birmingham and sheff weds implode too.

Until we can get a couple of results we are in a relegation battle. Next six or so games its only the swansea game where we are probably a favourite, lose that and we probably need to pick up a surprise result to not either be in the bottom 3 or a single result from being in there.

The only problem is that Manning does not have the demeanour of a man read for a scrap.

• Like 1

The gap is 6 points but about 8 teams. Similar to when we were chasing play-offs, the point gap was small but the number of teams we had to outpace made it tricky. We’ll be fine. But we need to find a win, any way, soon. Just to keep the gap.

A management structure and Tech Director from league one means we will be heading there before the PL for sure! This is now a relegation fight, make no mistake. We aren’t playing for the manager, we are conceding soft goals and we cannot create chances/score goals. Bad recipe all around. Disastrous. 

Anyone who thinks we aren’t in a fight are kidding themselves. Our “guaranteed” points should have been QPR and Sheffield Wednesday. Lose games like that and you are rightfully in trouble.

And befor anyone says QPR beat Leicester today, they literally stole the points. Results like that happen. Against us they played us off the pitch, as did Wednesday.

Yes, Look at that table tonight. Sheff W, 4 wins in last 6, QPR, 4 wins and a draw in the last 6, Huddersfield, 3 wins and a draw in the last 6, teams that were dead and buried according to some a few weeks ago. This division is a b*stard and you can take NOTHING for granted. As I said elsewhere, Manning needs 3 wins and with some style in the next 5 otherwise the pressure will really bite. Listen to him. Does he inspire? Does he ****. Look at his last interview before he was sacked by MK. Identical to the cobblers he's trotting out now.

• Like 3

I think we are. We are on a poor run of form and I just cant see where the next win will come from. This is not the time of the season to go on a streak of losses, especally as the teams below us are picking up points. Need some points before it gets to late. Dont want to be going into the last two games of the season needing to win. Especally with the last game of the season at Stoke. 

I think the thing is here we’d have to continue on a biblically bad run of form to go down. We’re on 9 from 11 games - shocking, but even if replicated in the next 11, would likely see us safe.

The next 4 games do look like limited points and that may sink us down the table but still not in the relegation zone. But, and this is key, a further 4 poor results (even if expected) may prompt the hierarchy to act.

I’m not, and never will be, in the place of wanting us to lose. I’m in the place of that I think we’ll get the points we need and the order we get them in may set us up more appropriately for next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Yes, Look at that table tonight. Sheff W, 4 wins in last 6, QPR, 4 wins and a draw in the last 6, Huddersfield, 3 wins and a draw in the last 6, teams that were dead and buried according to some a few weeks ago. This division is a b*stard and you can take NOTHING for granted. As I said elsewhere, Manning needs 3 wins and with some style in the next 5 otherwise the pressure will really bite. Listen to him. Does he inspire? Does he ****. Look at his last interview before he was sacked by MK. Identical to the cobblers he's trotting out now.

+, this is a team that really has to score first.

• Like 1

Worryingly from some of the early promise after LM took over the last 3 games have been poor, but the biggest concern is the players don't seem to be together and appears discontent in the camp. Have always said as fans we only see a tiny bit of what is going on, and think we have some trouble behind the scenes, which will not be good if we get dragged into a relegation battle.

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the thing is here we’d have to continue on a biblically bad run of form to go down. We’re on 9 from 11 games - shocking, but even if replicated in the next 11, would likely see us safe.

The next 4 games do look like limited points and that may sink us down the table but still not in the relegation zone. But, and this is key, a further 4 poor results (even if expected) may prompt the hierarchy to act.

I’m not, and never will be, in the place of wanting us to lose. I’m in the place of that I think we’ll get the points we need and the order we get them in may set us up more appropriately for next season.

LIke this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Bristol_City_F.C._season

After a horrible set of results today there is quite clearly a need to look over our shoulder. All it takes is another weekend like this and we’re 3 points off the drop. Lots of teams below us but are there any besides Rotherham performing as badly as us right now? 

Edited by BUTOR

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Yeah I remember it well (and side note - I think SOD is generally underrated as he did a lot of the ground work for Cotts/ the youth development)

The bottom line for me is this set of players are no way a relegation team. This coaching team is. Maybe not this season, but given a full year - absolutely they’ll fulfil those expectations. But even they should get 9 points from 11 games. However, I think it’s in our favour that the first games in that run we are unlikely to get points from as that should encourage them to get rid sooner.

• Like 2

A management structure and Tech Director from league one means we will be heading there before the PL for sure! This is now a relegation fight, make no mistake. We aren’t playing for the manager, we are conceding soft goals and we cannot create chances/score goals. Bad recipe all around. Disastrous. 

23 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So many times we have had threads like this over the years and it’s not been close in the end.  

First time for everything and its the other end we are supposed to be close to Mr Lansdown said so.