IGNORED

Is This Now a Relegation Battle

REDOXO

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Mad that if Stoke win their next 2 and we lose our next 2 we will be level on points with a team currently 3rd bottom!

But the problem is that by this time next Sunday we could be only 3 points or less off 22nd, as I really can’t see us getting a result any time soon playing this Manning dirge-ball. We are dire, devoid of confidence and offering no attacking threat. And opposition managers and teams know that!

45 minutes ago, mason said:

Well could have to beat Rotherham at home or it could be down to Stoke away last game; before that its Blackburn/Sunderland/Plymouth

And it's now not just the football -

It's rapidly becoming a mental game as we gradually get sucked in.

Our last 10 games is bottom 3 form.

At the moment yes, we are in that position where we need 2 or 3 more wins to be safe.

However, we have a couple of tougher games coming up, lose to Ipswich and then Swansea have the incentive to leap frog us - then it’s two tough ones up next. Vs Leicester and WBA.

You could easily see us coming out of that 4 game spell with 1 or 0 points - then the pressure would be huge, the players morale would be low, the dressing room gone and it will not be looking good going into some massive 6 pointers against lower end teams, teams that we continue to struggle against, who will have the incentive of reeling us in with a win.

A win changes everything luckily - but I’m still concerned. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

If the form continues then most certainly, our season may not be over just yet.

I’m not breaking my own rules, we have 6 points from 6 games…I always do 6 games.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I saw a few weeks ago a very well known poster write the word ‘behave’ when it was mentioned we could be in a relegation fight before long. 

We are now six points clear of the last relegation spot, looking like ass with none of us seeing where the next win is coming from. 

I’m not so sure we aren’t going to be dragged right into it!

I don't think so, 50 points is normally enough to avoid it. But, this season we have some serious teams down in the bottom group, and we are seeing QPR giving it a good go. So maybe 55 points is needed to be sure. So. 11 points from 11 games, that should be easily attainable.

Oh hold on, over the last 10 matches we are second bottom of the form/points. We have 8 points from the last 10 games. 

18 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

And it's now not just the football -

It's rapidly becoming a mental game as we gradually get sucked in.

Indeed, key point. Manning just does not come across as a leader.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not breaking my own rules, we have 6 points from 6 games…I always do 6 games.

Where do you see the next win Dave? Serious question.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

That’s not true. If our form over the last five games continues then we will be more than fine 

That's not true. If our form over the last three games continues then we definitely won't be fine.

I'm sure we will pick up some points somewhere and be safe but after what I've been watching under Manning I wouldn't rule it out.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Next four games. Ipswich, Swansea , West Brom & Leicester . I can see 3 points from that lot & that’s being optimistic 

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a couple of wins. Our single way of playing only seems to work against teams coming at us.

Masks a deeper issue though, and trend remains downhill.

7 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a couple of wins. Our single way of playing only seems to work against teams coming at us.

Masks a deeper issue though, and trend remains downhill.

If we do stay up . Next season we’ll be saying goodbye to the experience of Matty James , Andy king who’ve managed the dressing room , along with wiemann & I think wells will be gone as well. A young ish squad . Unless something is done now & I don’t just mean with manning but also JL & tinnion , it’ll be 2013 all over again 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I saw a few weeks ago a very well known poster write the word ‘behave’ when it was mentioned we could be in a relegation fight before long. 

We are now six points clear of the last relegation spot, looking like ass with none of us seeing where the next win is coming from. 

I’m not so sure we aren’t going to be dragged right into it!

Swansea looks an absolute crucial fixture already- a win we can breathe a bit easier a loss and we will for sure start sweating 

50 points is almost always enough to stay up, so 44 at this stage in the season means we should be pretty safe.

But the word 'should' is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. We really haven't looked like a team that can bank on a few more wins in the last few games.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Behave. 

it can’t be ruled out, but they’ll pick up a win or two which will be enough amongst a smattering of draws.

If you're actually, seriously, telling that to other posters that with our form being what it is, in a league as unpredictable as ours...?

Kindly say that to yourself. In the mirror.

If we were being talked of as play-off contenders when we were six points outside the top six, surely using the same yardstick we are relegation candidates now. 

We have a tough run of fixtures this month. Today was winnable, but I expect little from Ipswich, West Brom and Leicester, especially when we play slow, turgid football and Manning looks out of ideas. 

I would not be at all surprised if we’re looking over our shoulders by the end of March. It’s really not beyond the realms of possibility and Stoke away - a happy hunting ground for us in recent years - on the last day looks potentially huge. 

33 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Indeed, key point. Manning just does not come across as a leader.

Where do you see the next win Dave? Serious question.

I'm not Dave. But I seriously can't see us picking up anything this month, especially Ipswich nor Leicester. At best a point at Swansea, as Williams seems to have turned a corner.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

+, this is a team that really has to score first.

Interesting you should say that. I've looked at games under Manning for this. League Only in the first instance.

7 Games we have scored first in- Won 6. Lost 1.

2 Games finished 0-0.

11 Games in which we have conceded first. Drew 3, Lost 8.

• Like 1