IGNORED

Why is SL allowing City to stagnate, and even regress?

I just don't get the reason.  He's generally been a successful chairman and owner, imo, and has seen us grow beyond recognition within his time.

So why risk everything with his apparent apathy and lack of drive?

It makes no sense whatsoever.  Manning is one of the worst managerial appointments I've ever seen and should have been nowhere near to our top job.

I compare us to Brighton and Tony Bloom, about the same size, scale and club history, we've often shared the same league with them, but the main difference is Tony Bloom has invested wisely, recruited the necessary footballing talent to succeed, lit the touch paper and stood back to watch the explosion.

We've got SL seemingly uninterested and leaving his son and a former club legend to run the operation.

FFS, he's got a club on paper with huge potential, massive catchment area and scope to expand significantly.  I'd love to ask SL what is stopping him from taking City to the next level.  Is it fear of failure?  

It's clear that the current model of staff running the club are not fit for purpose, and like others have said, would suit a League One set up, and that's putting it politely.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

He doesn't care as much as you think he does.

Completely lost interest ages ago, so handed it over to his son, who couldn’t be less capable of running a football club if he tried.

Only bothered by real estate projects like the Basketball stuff now.

When did he last speak to the media about us? Ages ago & then in Guernsey about how brilliant it was that we got a record fee for Alex Scott.

Needs to sell up, now.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Completely lost interest ages ago, so handed it over to his son, who couldn’t be less capable of running a football club if he tried.

Only bothered by real estate projects like the Basketball stuff now.

When did he last speak to the media about us? Ages ago & then in Guernsey about how brilliant it was that we got a record fee for Alex Scott.

Needs to sell up, now.

Your first sentence is what has gone on. Junior slopping around on a boat was getting on his thrupneys so he made him come back and do the job. 

One thing SL won’t allow is relegation. If there is a sniff of relegation he will step in and make Junior sack Manning and in this case he will have to sack Tinnion too. I’m not sure anyone will care about the second one. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I think he wants out and doesn't want us in a bad financial position that a) makes us less attractive to sell, and b) means he has to keep ploughing money in until he can sell. 

Give it away then, there will be groups that will happily take it off his hands.  He won’t miss the money.  That’s not me being facetious, and being free with his money, it’s a genuine option.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Give it away then, there will be groups that will happily take it off his hands.  He won’t miss the money.  That’s not me being facetious, and being free with his money, it’s a genuine option.

Exactly. He’d ultimately be better off anyway as he writes our debts off

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don't even care if the basketball arena gets built.

• Like 1