IGNORED

Nigel Pearson - the perfect Director of Football

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

It was an obvious decision, why oh why didn’t they think of it. 

Because Nige clashed with the hierarchy - may have told them some home truths. Who knows?

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Because they don't like him. He's too popular. 

They didn't need to make him DOF.

All they had to do was nothing.

B******s.

• Like 7

Nah, he was perfect as our manager not DOF and i don't believe he ever wanted that role or title anyway..

All Nige needed was a competent CEO above him and more importantly the funds/nest egg to spend and he would have been successful.

The Lansdowns and particularly Steve really are ******* idiots, they put their ego's above the greater good of the football club and always will. *****!

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I'd love him to replace Tins. Not likely at all but I could've accepted the change ie bringing in LM or such like if Nige could've taken charge.

• Like 2

I think we all know the answer to that. The ‘establishment’ at the club would rather fail than be challenged by someone who understands football. They will lie and fail in order to protect their egos. 
No class, no ambition, no respect for the club. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Nah, he was perfect as our manager not DOF and i don't believe he ever wanted that role or title anyway..

All Nige needed was a competent CEO above him and more importantly the funds/nest egg to spend and he would have been successful.

The Lansdowns and particularly Steve really are ******* idiots, they put their ego's above the greater good of the football club and always will. *****!

Agreed. 

it is all about ego. Brian Tinnion and Jon Lansdown should be ashamed. Steve Lansdown will need to step back in to stop the slide into a relegation battle. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

That is the best description of our scenario we find ourselves in.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Agreed. 

it is all about ego. Brian Tinnion and Jon Lansdown should be ashamed. Steve Lansdown will need to step back in to stop the slide into a relegation battle. 

The biggest ego of all?

Unlikely.

Tbf @Shauntaylor85 that’s quite a few different topics/polls/discussion points tonight. If you beat the drum too much you can lose the audience. Manning is incompetent, the decision to relieve nigel was equally incompetent, but we aren’t going to rewind the clock. Nigel is (wrongly) gone, but he’s gone for good. The next step is for Manning and Tinnion to sling their hook too, and for the Lansdown’s to (finally) eat some humble pie and realise the medicine they need is not the medicine they want to swallow… but it’s the only way Steve is getting his exit plan. Appoint an experienced manager, and experienced CEO, and trust them from afar. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

Because they don't like him. He's too popular. 

They didn't need to make him DOF.

All they had to do was nothing.

B******s.

I think they don't like him because he pointed out a few home truths.

I posted earlier that my dream would be for new ownership & them to appoint Nige as DOF. All his good work is quickly unravelling.

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Cmon mate he wasn’t good enough to be our manager let alone director of football according to the people in charge,we all know if Nige was even offered the job he would tell them where to get off 

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I’m not sure about this. Would that actually suit Nige and his skill set? My impression was that he was a manager who wanted to work with coaches, but still pick the team and tactics himself. What he needed was to work with an experienced CEO and be given some funds to replace Scott. A Director of Football would probably be too removed from the frontline for Nige.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I’m not sure about this. Would that actually suit Nige and his skill set? My impression was that he was a manager who wanted to work with coaches, but still pick the team and tactics himself. What he needed was to work with an experienced CEO and be given some funds to replace Scott. A Director of Football would probably be too removed from the frontline for Nige.

Plus his stated dislike of dealing with agents, contracts etc.

• Like 2

Seems like a job entailing all the bits he seemed to hate about working in football, and none of the stuff he liked.

I'd be very surprised if he was interested in it, even in the alternative universe it'd take for him to be offered it.

• Like 2