IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

1 minute ago, kit said:

Positives and negatives from that. At no point having g9ne in front were we at any point in control, couldn't create even half a sniff ince behind. Nothing has changed from that perspective. 

We were good value to go 2.1 up though.

Still Manning out.

Pring had gone at the end, roberts should have come on. I think manning had the tools to win it or at least draw from where we were but we really did crumble at the end.

yes, especially as he's carrying an injury

Gutted. Manning set us up well today. Players executed it for most of the game. Wells scores the chance we go 2-0 up and it’s a different game. Felt like we were always chasing the game after that. Good reaction to Saturday despite losing. Players weren’t spineless. Manning wasn’t clueless. Ipswich were just too good in the end. It does feel like its their year. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Sykes, McCrorie, Pring, Gardner-Hickman and Knight had shockers tonight. 

Feel a bit harsh saying this as he was out so long , but I don’t see anything in Mcrorie. For a big lad he loses a lot of personal battles. On the ball he runs into trouble & he’s nowhere near the defender Tanner is 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

Wells scores his goal and who knows. Fine margins, but again, we concede very sloppy goals. Self inflicted. Typical really 

Feels frustrating to feel frustrated! After a solid first half performance. They change it up and blimey they just don't stop do they? Even playing badly they score 3 and could have been more.

Played well, but come home with nothing. Have to win on the weekend. Gah

Performance was in some ways not bad. That little period after we scored we really went at it. If Wells makes it 2-0 we win IMO.

Penalty, was it? Bit harsh. Well done to Max for save plus the great one at the end.

Better than the last 3 but to not even get a point that stings. First goal was particularly disappointing to concede.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Sorry disagree, I’m not a Manning fan but you’re just playing to your predisposition. We played well for most of that game, it takes something for Pring to have been beaten for pace and Burns made all the difference. Difficult to see what changes could have been made. 

I'm calling a duck a duck mate. 

Pring was carrying an injury. Roberts could have been brought on. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

This is nothing to do with Manning tonight, sorry. You can say that about the last 2 results, but this one’s on the players. Gutless and weak. 

Disagree -

- He's aware that Pring may not be fully fit, the second they bought on Burns, he should have at least bought Roberts on for fresh legs.
 - Vyner has struggled the entire half against Hamadi - should have switched him and Dickie around at worst.
 - TGH has struggled defensively the entire game - has the option to bring King on for experience that was lost with Wells going off to go sit back into a low block again and preserve, playing on the break.

He simply doesnt stay adaptable. He's too rigid in his thinking.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

We were never going to get anything tonight Ipswich far superior to us every time they attacked on the second half they looked like scoring….premiership bound they are.

Yea we were, we went 1 up and missed a good chance to get a second before they even got into the game. Fine margins, they upped their game for 30 mins and we dropped off. We lead the game twice but didn't adapt to their changes and tempo. We literally couldn't have been more in the game for an hour so I don't agree that we had no hope against a promoted side from League 1 last year.

City played well tonight - our subs impacted the game and theirs did too. We missed a sitter, so did they. I think they were much stronger last 15 but plenty of positives to take out of that outside of the result.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

2-1 up and makes no changes.

2-2 from a goal down our left, no changes.

Ipswich all over us and miss a penalty won down our left, no changes.

Ipswich score to go 3-2 and still no changes, no change of shape even with no subs, nothing at all. 

Manning is as much if not more responsible for the loss than the players. 

The only change that would’ve made a difference would’ve been Pring -> Roberts imo. Don’t think Mebude would’ve made any impact and King would’ve been ineffective with the speed of the game i think. 

He set up almost perfectly first half, got the first goal, then brought on the 2 subs that combined for our second. At some point it has to be on the players, i didn’t think it was for our last couple but tonight they had it in their grasp and let it slip away imo.

• Like 2

If we can’t even beat the teams in the automatic promotion places any more, we’re in real trouble!

Seriously though, that’s a sickener. Sadly, the nature of losing a game in that fashion really erases the good points for me.

Assume there might be fitness issues at play, but Burns made Pring look absolutely pedestrian. 

• Like 1

Some mental posts here tbh.

I dont think you can fault our endeavour, and a significant improvement over the Cardiff game. Unfortunately Ipswich dont ever give up and we made a few individual errors.

You would have to be very polarised to directly blame Manning tonight

• Like 10

We deserved a draw, but couldn't cope with Ipswich's subs. From looking laborious with Moore they suddenly had Burns flying down the right and we couldn't cope. Sarmiento was class and Al Mahamadi bolstered their attack. We just needed to kill the game at 2-1 up and play with our heads. Gutted, because for 80 minutes we were excellent. Hopefully we can build on this. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, phantom said:

How on earth can you blame anything on him tonight 

Not blaming him for tonight. Simply seen enough to know he’s not going to take us forwards and we’re now gambling with the real risk that he could drag us into danger. I really don’t think this is a relegation battling squad.

• Like 2
Just now, collier said:

Yea we were, we went 1 up and missed a good chance to get a second before they even got into the game. Fine margins, they upped their game for 30 mins and we dropped off. We lead the game twice but didn't adapt to their changes and tempo. We literally couldn't have been more in the game for an hour so I don't agree that we had no hope against a promoted side from League 1 last year.

Keep being told what a good finisher Nakhi is! Well I’ve never seen that from the guy, he misses more sitters than goals. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Tim you've said some right crap before but this tops it all. 

Ipswich made changes, Manning didn't react. No plan b yet again. 

So who scored our second goal? And who provided the cross? But don't let me dampen your celebrations

• Like 2
  • Flames 2