IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You had another left sided defender in Roberts who could have replaced Pring or gone in front of him to plug the side that we were getting absolutely shafted down.

To do literally nothing after McKenna brought on 3-4 attackers seems pretty incomprehensible. Especially after 2-2 and a penalty being missed both from attacks coming down that left side. 

League 2 “head coach” is why!

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Not one of the people moaning has answered this yet.

Not sure if I count but he should’ve brought Roberts on for Pring at least.   He was injured as it was.   He looked ******. And Burns had him on toast almost immediately when he came on.  Needed changing.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TommyD68 said:

Was never a foul for their second goal imo which is what changed the game and gave them momentum, wouldn’t say it was needless by Vyner at all. He’s got to compete there and was very very harsh to give it. That being said, always felt like it was going to go one way once they equalised, shame considering how little they created up until then 

For me a bigger question is why only 1 player in the wall, made it so easy for them to whip the ball in.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You had another left sided defender in Roberts who could have replaced Pring or gone in front of him to plug the side that we were getting absolutely shafted down.

To do literally nothing after McKenna brought on 3-4 attackers seems pretty incomprehensible. Especially after 2-2 and a penalty being missed both from attacks coming down that left side. 

The guy simply cannot react to in game changes. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Some mental posts here tbh.

I dont think you can fault our endeavour, and a significant improvement over the Cardiff game. Unfortunately Ipswich dont ever give up and we made a few individual errors.

You would have to be very polarised to directly blame Manning tonight

It’s not about tonight, it’s about realising the bloke has only taken a QUARTER of the available points on offer since 27th December and we’ve now lost four in a row. It’s an absolutely disastrous performance from him in this period.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nine points in twelve games. Let’s dissect the other games then.

By end of Sunday we could be 3 points of relegation!

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nine points in twelve games. Let’s dissect the other games then.

1 minute ago, marcofisher said:

It would of been mad to take Pring off, Burns in that form is a handful for anyone, oh to have the riches Ipswich have in attack and that’s with Broadbent and Hurst being injured 

1 minute ago, TommyD68 said:

Was never a foul for their second goal imo which is what changed the game and gave them momentum, wouldn’t say it was needless by Vyner at all. He’s got to compete there and was very very harsh to give it. That being said, always felt like it was going to go one way once they equalised, shame considering how little they created up until then 

One of those you'd shout for if it was City. How many times would it have been ignored? And I doubt it would have been given for us. 

• Like 2

Generally better but psychological approach is clearly a struggle. Conceding so quickly after scoring and unable to adapt to the relentless pressure, particularly from Burns. Ipswich showed us what momentum is, just like Southampton when they went straight up from league 1. We are miles off this sort of squad and will still struggle until the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

City played well tonight - our subs impacted the game and theirs did too. We missed a sitter, so did they. I think they were much stronger last 15 but plenty of positives to take out of that outside of the result.

Do people think we don’t look as fit as we used to ?

I’m sure the resident statisticians may be able to help answer this but I’ve thought recently we seem to be out on our legs more than we used to

• Like 1
Just now, TV Tom said:

It would of been mad to take Pring off, Burns in that form is a handful for anyone, oh to have the riches Ipswich have in attack and that’s with Broadbent and Hurst being injured 

Would have made sense to get Roberts on. Maybe  to match them up . Pring into LCB and Robert WB .
Something should have been done , not just watch Cam get torn a new one.

4 defeats in a row with poor defending.  Do we have a defensive coach.  Surely not Mountain as Manning seemed to be saying a few days ago

Manning really has to stop this run of defeats and very very soon

I was hoping when it went 2-1 we would at least take a point

I remain unconvinced by Manning.  The players rose to Sky cameras perhaps?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

For me a bigger question is why only 1 player in the wall, made it so easy for them to whip the ball in.

Exactly this. It was right footer crossing, so the wall could've stepped once to the left with two people in it.

Reminded me of the goal Liverpool scored vs Forest last weekend in injury time. So it should've been fresh in our players minds.

We’ve done well in large parts of that game. Our 2 goals, from very direct play.

But I’m sorry - you cannot say Manning is without fault tonight.

Yes it’s 3 bits of poor defending - but:

I thought we were just too naive tonight.

It could have been 4 or 5 in the end. You don’t concede that many goals (in such a short period) if the set up and instructions are good.

We were under the cosh, Ipswich coming at us and he doesn’t make one change to try and help the defenders out in response to their multiple attacking subs - they just sit and watch us concede 3 goals and a penalty with no response from the bench.

Maybe Roberts to double up Burns who tore Pring apart to start with.

The players looked lost defensively and crumbled there at the end - and when so many do in one go, you have to question the manager too.

Shame because we really could have won that tonight and we wouldn’t be having this chat.

Edited by Alessandro
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We deserved a draw up until their changes but after that they throughly deserved the win. 

Over the 90 we deserved a draw but there’s a reason why they are second in the league and above Leeds and Southampton 

• Like 1

No clean sheets in the league in 2024.

Played well when we played forward and didn't faff about passing it back at every opportunity. 

Less possession and a better performance attacking wise. It's almost like the whole season in a nutshell. When we actually beat a team who sits in then come talk to me.

Not too angry at the result as its their season and they work hard enough for things to fall their way, happened all season for them. To beat teams in form like that you got to do more than enough and we didn't tonight. 

If you want to look at a team and how to play deep possession ball and how to convert it into long balls and quick attacks down the flanks, that's the team you want to watch.

They play the ball backwards and sideways with intent to create space for players who will drive the ball forward. We don't. That's the difference.

• Like 1