IGNORED

Ipswich Town away match thread

Can’t be bothered to scroll all the way through this thread, but, did anyone else notice a few of the players go straight down the tunnel after the game? I get that they were gutted about losing, but so were we. I know money doesn’t come into it when they are on the pitch, but they were getting paid , while we had to pay for train, hotel, lots of beer and have 2 days off work! It wouldn’t have took much to acknowledge the fans. Just one negative to a pretty decent performance.

On 06/03/2024 at 10:31, Simon bristol said:

Good luck to ipswich, fine club who are the latest in a long line to blitz past us, and who gave us 3 greats of english football, ramsey, robson (and osman). Would rather see them go up than leeds.

I know what you mean on one level but I struggle to wish any good will on any football club associated with that self-aggrandising, greasy former CEO.

• Like 1

51 from 21 is what propelled them.

27 from 15 while very impressive, includes a run of 6 wins in a row, prior it was 1 from 9. They seem to have found a 2nd wind but will it last.

I don't really have great regard for any of the top 4 for varying reasons tbh. All excellent sides of course but beyond that.. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

51 from 21 is what propelled them.

27 from 15 while very impressive, includes a run of 6 wins in a row, prior it was 1 from 9. They seem to have found a 2nd wind but will it last.

I don't really have great regard for any of the top 4 for varying reasons tbh. All excellent sides of course but beyond that.. 

To be honest our 1 win in 9 is down to two factors (and we still only lost twice in that run):

1. Hirst getting injured and having to play Jackson through the middle

2. Playing Leeds, WBA and Leicester twice in that run

We will be thereabouts right until the end. I just hope we get over the line. If we don't it will be with a Championship record high points total not to get promoted, and you can't ask for anymore!

Edited by Dan11
17 minutes ago, Dan11 said:

To be honest our 1 win in 9 is down to two factors (and we still only lost twice in that run):

1. Hirst getting injured and having to play Jackson through the middle

2. Playing Leeds, WBA and Leicester twice in that run

We will be thereabouts right until the end. I just hope we get over the line. If we don't it will be with a Championship record high points total not to get promoted, and you can't ask for anymore!

Your squad isn't stellar on paper, certainly keeping up the pace set to mid December was unlikely. That said Leicester aren't wholly the same level either.

Yes, we all get injuries. Ipswich less than most tbh however well recruited to date..but run tbis season in this context 100 times and it won't come up many. Otoh it is record breaking, such a high standard in the top 4 3 of whom Relegated and Parachute bolstered 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous