IGNORED

Losing one’s temper

Ivorguy

21 hours ago, marmite said:

Maybe that's the problem. They hear him and think...fxxk you.

Its all about credibility, relegation at MK Dons, and a short spell in L1 with Oxford plus no playing career and it appears just about zero charisma why would he have any credibility particularly to players like James and King

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

How on Earth can you want to lose? A win at Ipswich could be the spring board we need, any win ...but you have made your mind up, just as well you were not the one to sack Fergie when he was one defeat allegedly from the push. You drip misery not sure any new coach manager would meet with your approval. 

Football is a dynamic business just a few weeks ago we had back to back wins, and ended Saints long unbeaten run, that feeling was superb but this is the real World and throwing out the babies in the bath water is not the answer. 

I think we will be fine, but we need to be a bit more patient....it's not as if we are getting stuffed 4 or 5 the REAL problem is out misfiring strikers. If TC was on form we would be having a very different conversation.

I too have made my mind up re Manning.  I don’t want us to lose.  And in fairness if he does get to stay, he might change my mind.  Tonight’s result or performance will have little to no bearing.

He's had 24 games with a bunch of good pros who aren’t without technical ability, and when he’s tried to play his way, it’s been poor (overall).  When he’s played a bit more pragmatically (not his way) we’ve done ok / decent.

I loved Southampton, but that was similar to the cup games, where we play the underdog, against a passing side, where we hope to catch them on the counter.  And second half, boy did we punish them.

But that wasn’t “Manningball”.  Manningball is flawed.  And if we throw money at him in the summer, Manningball will still be flawed.

So, I’d rather cut the ties now, before we waste £millions in the summer.  Of course if he wants to diverge from Manningball, and show that he’s adaptable, smart, etc, he could win me back over.  I’d love that.  I want the best for City.

Having said that, although I have the odd name I’d suggest, it doesn’t really matter what I think.  It doesn’t matter that I think “sack him” either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, cotswoldred2 said:

.it's not as if we are getting stuffed 4 or 5 the REAL problem is out misfiring strikers. If TC was on form we would be having a very different conversation.

Ah, so that fact that that we are not actually creating any clear chances or giving our strikers any form of service is actually not due to whatever style Manning is trying come up with, it’s actually down to the form of our strikers and TC in particular???

We don’t need to be stuffed by 4 or 5 a game at present, one or perhaps two goals against us (assuming we get lucky from a corner) would suffice for our opponents to get all 3 points at present.

I’m not one for attacking the poster, but you’ve got to be somewhat delusional if you think that the concerns that are being manifested by a large number of posters on here of late are made irrelevant and not worthy of debate simply by a 21 year old striker not being in form….

I do admire your panglossian optimism however unfounded. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Just put King in temp charge. He knows the players, the set up. The only option if something is needed this season. 

Well said and I agree 100%.

Though maybe not on a long term basis as the Number One. But as a number Two? 

On 05/03/2024 at 17:54, bexhill reds said:

Ah, so that fact that that we are not actually creating any clear chances or giving our strikers any form of service is actually not due to whatever style Manning is trying come up with, it’s actually down to the form of our strikers and TC in particular???

We don’t need to be stuffed by 4 or 5 a game at present, one or perhaps two goals against us (assuming we get lucky from a corner) would suffice for our opponents to get all 3 points at present.

I’m not one for attacking the poster, but you’ve got to be somewhat delusional if you think that the concerns that are being manifested by a large number of posters on here of late are made irrelevant and not worthy of debate simply by a 21 year old striker not being in form….

I do admire your panglossian optimism however unfounded. 

The answer then is score more goals, simple really, get a striker in that can give us 20 goals a season and the picture looks a lot better. OK I am being a bit facetious but the crux of any good team is starting from the back and having a solid defence, which is what we have in general...despite our run of poor results I reiterate we have not taken a real beating and our goal difference is minus 2 or three which is worth a point.

Sadly Tommy form has coincided with defeats, IF we could dig up a goal scorer from the inner sanctum that is the centre of excellence how great that would be? Perhaps a Yeboah type, you know young keen and hungry, he should never been loaned out...and in fact the whole situation with the kids not featuring in the matchday line is is very concerning. One thing with Nigel he was excellent with the kids and gave them a purpose, not sure now.

Of course this could be very much a Tinnion vs Manning thing, it does seem there is a lot of unease around the place which begs the question where is the direction from the Board? John is not the bloke who would be able to sort out any issues if there is one, it just seems altogether completely rudderless at the minute. 

I still think we need to be patient despite me calling out Manning after QPR, in fact after every defeat I want to sack the World or at least football, but like I said a few more goals then we would be top 6 not looking at the trap door.