IGNORED

Losing one’s temper

Ivorguy

Liam Manning is as scarey as Niles Crane!

Anyone who thinks supporters want us to lose are well off base.  

We are a long suffering bunch.

Many have lived and died since the last time we had a modicum of success on the field and yet still we buy tickets , shirts, hospitality, badges, scarves and fanzines. Its the hope that gets you!

However we have been hopeless in large measure. The cup ties and a league game we won against a parachute team being the exception not the rule. We were utter crap against Leeds but by and large there were the usual parachute payments, prem team in waiting support statements on here. We were crap!

I hope we win tomorrow, but if we lose and are as utter crap as we have been then I think it’s done! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I cannot explain why losing is a good thing hence mad. Then again the OP has a decade of negativity behind him so maybe it's no surprise?

Oh dear you really are a one for personal and inaccurate comments.  I was fully supportive of Pearson and years ago faced criticism from some over my concerns re Lansdowns and BS.  Many more otibers now support this position.. what matters to me is the club long term.  I was, for the record, fully supportive of Pat Beasley amongst a long list of other managers.

Please just  think through what I wrote before dashing off a reply.

Quite logical position to take, if like me you think Manning will relegate us.  Little to suggest otherwise.  If we do win tomorrow we have the next two matches to negotiate with wins if Manning is truly the man Tinnion and JL clearly think he is.

Forgive me for being cynical but after 8 decades as a fan I think I am allowed to be cynical re one match.  We shall see what we shall see

Good night all, sleep well and don’t worry about the morrow.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

There are 22 threads on page 1 of OTIB. 14 of these are anti Manning or anti BCFC. Even the Dicky player of the month opens with a 'Titanic' reference.

You have a lot of anger towards someone who appears to be stating the bleedin' obvious.

I don’t think anyone is anti BCFC; after all everyone is a fan.

What people are anti is the manager who is demonstrably failing, the larger entity of Bristol Sport, and the owner and Board.  They, including me, are anti because we care about long term viability of the club we love

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

There are 22 threads on page 1 of OTIB. 14 of these are anti Manning or anti BCFC. Even the Dicky player of the month opens with a 'Titanic' reference.

You have a lot of anger towards someone who appears to be stating the bleedin' obvious.

You are allowed to create your own topics of discussion if you would like. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Think he's had some words in his ear about showing some emotions. 🐍

You shouldn't have to say it to get your point across. It should just be natural. 

He isn't an authoritative man. That's what he was hired for. Can't upset the apple cart.

We could finish 21st and he'll still be here. Lord I hope the football gets better to watch.

I'm not particularly bothered about reaching the Prem, just want to see a real hard working identity - battling for the ball, proud to wear our shirt. 

Feels like all the arduous effort and work is being dumped down the drain.

• Flames 2
  • Robin 1

20 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

You shouldn't have to say it to get your point across. It should just be natural. 

He isn't an authoritative man. That's what he was hired for. Can't upset the apple cart.

We could finish 21st and he'll still be here. Lord I hope the football gets better to watch.

I'm not particularly bothered about reaching the Prem, just want to see a real hard working identity - battling for the ball, proud to wear our shirt. 

Feels like all the arduous effort and work is being dumped down the drain.

Like we had under NP.

We tended it to give it our all, and we looked cohesive and not every game of course, but more often than not fans were happy with the effort and application, especially in the 2nd half of his reign once the financial emergency had subsided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

4 hours ago, FNQ said:

Ha ha.. good one 😂

Frank Spencer also came to mind..

i liken him to wiggy but wiggy could be any of the 3 of them depending on which sketch you are watching.

the first 10 seconds might explain our hamstring problems

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yeah. Exactly! But don’t you think he looks like Niles? I’d love to see him next to Alan Walsh son in law!

more like reg prescott in the making

edit,link didnt work

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Did he really say that he sends them out there with the perfect game plan? 

Wow! 

…….so perfect that every bottom 8 side finds it a piece of piss to nullify. The bloke is in serious danger of becoming a parody of himself.

• Like 2

TBH I can see the OPs logic about getting beat, sometimes an ineffective and hopeless manager needs a game to but them out of their misery, 7-1 at Swansea is an excellent and appropriate example of this.

That said with the run of games coming up, unless the club have already spoken to someone and got them primed, then there won’t be enough time to recruit a new manager and have them get any sensible work on the training ground to make any improvement on the mess that Plastic Pep has made to this squad and is unlikely to change any outcome, so I think the die has been cast with regard to us getting further into a relegation scrap. 

So it’s up to Manning and his wealth of experience in coaching academy U23s where results are irrelevant to get us out of this mess.

Edited by bexhill reds

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

TBH I can see the OPs logic about getting beat, sometimes an ineffective and hopeless manager needs a game to but them out of their misery, 7-1 at Swansea is an excellent and appropriate example of this.

That said with the run of games coming up, unless the club have already spoken to someone and got them primed, then there won’t be enough time to recruit a new manager and have them get any sensible work on the training ground to make any improvement on the mess that Plastic Pep has made to this squad and is unlikely to change any outcome, so I think the die has been cast with regard to us getting further into a relegation scrap. 

So it’s up to Manning and his wealth of experience in coaching academy U23s where results are irrelevant to get us out of this mess.

Just put King in temp charge. He knows the players, the set up. The only option if something is needed this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Super said:

Really needed yet another thread 🤦

First rule of OTIB, Super. If there's an angle for criticising Manning, start at least three threads on it.

Second rule. Most things are open to interpretation. Find the right angle.

I'm beginning to think that Liam Manning is to OTIB what Megan Markle is to the Daily Mail.

(And, yes, "Nige" is our own Kate Middleton)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m saying nothing.

I’m going to let Stan Collymore speak for me (read prior tweet for context - it’s not exact but a reasonable thematic)

That was timely.  Kinda Atletico Madrid-styleee.

25 minutes ago, italian dave said:

First rule of OTIB, Super. If there's an angle for criticising Manning, start at least three threads on it.

I'm beginning to think that Liam Manning is to OTIB what Megan Markle is to the Daily Mail.

I really dislike Kate Middleton.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

It’s a forum of made up of seeming mostly unhappy punters, someone starts a thread with something that amuses / irritates / annoys depending of the previous results or interview / press article and people chose to read and interact. If the thread gets some traction then it flies, if there is no interest then it disappears.

In the past the criticism has been player focussed and you could pick your scapegoat depending on the game, so we’ve had combinations of Tanner, O’Leary, Williams, Bell, Naismith, Cornick, and more recently Mehmeti even Dire as being the aim for people’s ire, now it’s Manning’s turn.

Clearly some of it will be a lingering dissatisfaction arising from the way in which the previous manager was dispensed with, but some and I think this covers a lot of the recent posts (rightfully in my view) will be people who are pissed off with performances, tombola team selections, incoherent tactics and regimented 60 min substitutions.

I'm not sure it’s fair to simply dismiss questions or opinions about Manning as some form of Daily Mail-esque Meghan Markle agenda, that’s the perks of being the manager / head coach of a club in a very poor run of form. I’m sure he’s got more important things to consider like selecting what player to play totally out of position to demonstrate his coaching genius than to read the thoughts of some “made-up-random-city-related name” anonymised account on the forum.

The forum remains a place for people to vent and occasionally for there to be some interesting and thought provoking debate, and for me at this time Manning remains fair game.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Superjack said:

Blame your precious overlords for my anger.

No thanks

16 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

What about the madness of sacking Pearson in the first place?

What about the madness of replacing him with someone who has no experience in the championship either as a player or coach?

What about the madness of having two people in charge of the club with no experience or qualifications to be in such a position?

What about the madness of not even seeing what's right in front of people when they attend games?

Get rid, all three of them and replace with people who know what they are doing....

And what about the madness of your entitled expectation?

15 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Then create a thread of your own instead of moaning about others. What do you want to talk about?

Pearls before swine.

15 hours ago, Capman said:

So are you saying that the changes in management we have seen in the last 12 months have been good and the club is going in the right direction? 

In entirely my opinion  the dismissal of Nige was done for the right reasons but not exactly for the ones stated. I don't know whether LM is taking us in the right direction as it's too inconclusive but in the past three matches it hasn't felt like it yet in matches v WHU Forest, Boro and Southampton it did for me and most.

Every signing in every department carries the risk of failure and the hope of success.

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder how you can be so sure that we're unlikely to drop into the bottom three.

Continue like we are and it's a cast iron certainty that we'll end up in the relegation dogfight.

And while the Blades are getting hammered this evening, we could be on the end of a very similar situation tomorrow.

I really do hope that doesn't happen. I never want City to lose in any match, whoever the opposition are, football or tiddly winks and however much I believe that we need to change this head coach for a manager with the skill and experience to pick us up.

Continue like we are and  lose every single match then of course we're in a relegation battle, win every match and it's a promotion battle- neither are likely to happen.

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

I don’t think anyone is anti BCFC; after all everyone is a fan.

What people are anti is the manager who is demonstrably failing, the larger entity of Bristol Sport, and the owner and Board.  They, including me, are anti because we care about long term viability of the club we love

If you were married to BCFC- it'd be living in a battered wife refuge

12 hours ago, David Brent said:

You are allowed to create your own topics of discussion if you would like. 

as are you- it's called a forum and not everyone needs to comment by starting a new thread when they can utilise an existing one to make their point. More posters should try it. It's like having the Judean Popular Front and the Popular Front of Judea.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

International break after West Brom

14 hours ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

To which LAIm (sic) Manning replied "That does not compute !"

Manning would even stuggle to intimidate a spineless wimp like Dr Zachary Smith, who must have been a Bristol City fan, based on his constant reciting of "Oh the pain, the pain !"

Some ancient members of this forum will understand this nonsense.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes if it means we can avoid relegation, for a victory will be largely meaningless in the grand scheme of Manning’s lack of ability to coach/manage.

Sometimes one needs to take a step backwards in order to go forward.

Imo we are in serious trouble with Manning in charge.

Do you really want to take a real risk of relegation if a one-off victory keeps Manning in control until last match of season?  If so, I disagree

How on Earth can you want to lose? A win at Ipswich could be the spring board we need, any win ...but you have made your mind up, just as well you were not the one to sack Fergie when he was one defeat allegedly from the push. You drip misery not sure any new coach manager would meet with your approval. 

Football is a dynamic business just a few weeks ago we had back to back wins, and ended Saints long unbeaten run, that feeling was superb but this is the real World and throwing out the babies in the bath water is not the answer. 

I think we will be fine, but we need to be a bit more patient....it's not as if we are getting stuffed 4 or 5 the REAL problem is out misfiring strikers. If TC was on form we would be having a very different conversation.

3 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

How on Earth can you want to lose? A win at Ipswich could be the spring board we need, any win ...but you have made your mind up, just as well you were not the one to sack Fergie when he was one defeat allegedly from the push. You drip misery not sure any new coach manager would meet with your approval. 

Football is a dynamic business just a few weeks ago we had back to back wins, and ended Saints long unbeaten run, that feeling was superb but this is the real World and throwing out the babies in the bath water is not the answer. 

I think we will be fine, but we need to be a bit more patient....it's not as if we are getting stuffed 4 or 5 the REAL problem is out misfiring strikers. If TC was on form we would be having a very different conversation.

Your question I have already answered, which incidentally a number of folk agree with.

Yes, as also said, I was a fan of Pat Beasley and many subsequent managers, not least Pearson.

If you can’t see that Manning is out of his comfort zone then so be it.  I, and many others, do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

If you actually think your last paragraph (The REAL problem) is in anyway accurate and the simple issue 

I simply despair

We could have Harry Kane up front atm and he’d hardly see a chance or decent ball

And the AF bit 🤣 One that was rolled for Johnson Jnr for 4 years 

Manning , Johnson CVS v Ferguson pre United    🤔

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And what about the madness of your entitled expectation?

This really cracked me up!

My expectations don't come into it! We can only judge Manning on the expectations of others ie, JL and BT who decided to sack Pearson because they wanted improvements THIS season. Otherwise "why would we do it now"?

4 points off the playoffs when they sacked Pearson and 11 points from relegation.

Currently 11 points off the playoffs and 6 points from relegation.

How do you think it's going?

• Like 2