IGNORED

Absent players

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Do you really think any of those would make up for our failing manager?

No- but our Chairman and Technical Director told us the previous regime were at fault for our injuries, so I assumed this wouldn’t be an issue now. 

Edited by ohhhshauntaylor
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

When are we expecting the below to return? 
James - quoted as a slight knock ahead of Cardiff  

Atkinson - ? 

Twine - bench vs QPR, nowhere to be seen since, “stiffness” pre Cardiff 

Naismith - on the grass (ffs) pre Cardiff 

Tanner - ? 

Atkinson is out til next season 

32 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

The only one I think would make any difference is Naismith, and that would only be if played in midfield as someone to get stuck in but also have the ability to play football.

Twine maybe but can’t comment after one game.

The rest would make no difference.

George Tanner is a better right back than Ross McCrorie.

Matty James is a more calming influence in midfield than Williams or TGH

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

When are we expecting the below to return? 
James - quoted as a slight knock ahead of Cardiff  

Atkinson - ? 

Twine - bench vs QPR, nowhere to be seen since, “stiffness” pre Cardiff 

Naismith - on the grass (ffs) pre Cardiff 

Tanner - ? 

James - had injections into Achilles looking at it game by game

Atkinson - We won’t see him this season with the hamstring injury he’s picked up 

Twine - Supposed to have been back training yesterday, so maybe Swansea?

Naismith - No idea what happened there

Tanner - Saw Bristol Post he should be back for Swansea 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Need to see more of McCrorie to judge.

You are probably right about James but I would prefer Naismith over all of them.

I like Naismith and I’ve said on other threads that I think we play better football with him in the side.

sadly though on recent evidence, even when he comes back it won’t be for long 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think McCrorie is hitting a little wall after coming back from injury.  It happens.

And that’s why I’m not passing judgement yet.

He’s had a tough start here and it’s too early to judge him but I’m old school and first and foremost I like my defenders to defend, so for me George Tanner is our best RB 

Just now, Mendip City said:

I think he looks like midfield would suit him (if/when fully fit).  

He has played there for Aberdeen but I believe he said himself that right back was his best position 

• Like 2

It's getting to the point where we might have to need players to 'play through the pain' in order to stay up?

I've said before but look at Southend this season, operated with a 14 man squad because they were a financial shambles, from August to January. You cant tell me that they weren't playing players who medically shouldn't have been playing. They also made up a -10 point deduction

On 05/03/2024 at 23:55, fgrsimon said:

It's getting to the point where we might have to need players to 'play through the pain' in order to stay up?

I've said before but look at Southend this season, operated with a 14 man squad because they were a financial shambles, from August to January. You cant tell me that they weren't playing players who medically shouldn't have been playing. They also made up a -10 point deduction

Looked like Pring was suffering on Tuesday...

I like mccrorie for his get up and go attitude, hes an athlete,, but as it stands there isnt a lot of goal threat from any of our wing backs.

as for naismith, he can pick a pass, but I believe he has another year on his contract, we should try to free up that salary for another striker

On 05/03/2024 at 22:31, ohhhshauntaylor said:

No- but our Chairman and Technical Director told us the previous regime were at fault for our injuries, so I assumed this wouldn’t be an issue now. 

In that topic, here’s a nugget from the Oxford forum posted without further comment…

IMG_2712.jpeg

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

He was suffering with a new a-hole torn by Wes Burns.

He certainly got skinned on a number of occasions. Bringing on Burns with 30 or so to go was a clever move in as much as he was fresh and Pring has been carrying knocks. 

I’ve noticed a couple of posts about McCrorie. Personally I like him as he wants to make things happen.

I’m sure that will be coached out of him soon!

• Like 1

On 05/03/2024 at 23:43, Davefevs said:

I think McCrorie is hitting a little wall after coming back from injury.  It happens.

I think he has to be fair to him he's done pretty well to get back to fitness just needs a pre season under his belt he will come good I'm sure.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Street red said:

I think he has to be fair to him he's done pretty well to get back to fitness just needs a pre season under his belt he will come good I'm sure.

Yes, no mean feat.  I like his energy and physicality.  Brings a bit of intensity to our play.  He looked like he struggled a bit on Tuesday but despite a turgid team performance on Saturday it was him injecting a spark with a couple of drives inside off of his first touch.

• Like 2