IGNORED

Based on the last 12 games Bristol City are in 23rd place in the Championship

Derek

It will be getting worse too, not on the short to medium term but approaching half a season as sample size, as we are 14th since Manning took over but lots of sides have game(s) in hand therefore that position will get worse before it gets better.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Check this out, as a reminder. Very much was the last time we effed up massively:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Bristol_City_F.C._season

1 win in last 12.

Strange thing was we actually rallied under O'Driscoll for a time. Results at home for a while were near perfect.

Wolves away mid March was perhaps the turning point. Win that and we have an okay run-in and are still in touch 

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

'IF'

Think we'll be 16th post Manning takeover at best by end of tonight, ie the League table since he took over.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We may well find ourselves in a position that Nige kept us up. 

Plus Fleming, 1 win 1 game. Nice way to sign off.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Strange thing was we actually rallied under O'Driscoll for a time. Results at home for a while were near perfect.

Wolves away mid March was perhaps the turning point. Win that and we have an okay run-in and are still in touch 

Momentum. It's a killer. If 4 games become 5 I fear the worst. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think we'll be 16th post Manning takeover at best by end of tonight, ie the League table since he took over.

Plus Fleming, 1 win 1 game. Nice way to sign off.

Should have kept Fleming on as manager.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Ah but over the last six games we are 17th, which is higher than 23rd. So is it getting better? Worse? Or is the selection of arbitrarily chosen blocks of games ultimately vacuous?

It's the latter.

Poor form or poor ppg over 'n' matches is just a distraction from, or at best merely a symptom of, the actual issues at hand - decision making at all levels of the club from owner through to players, reactive thinking, and delusional expectations.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah but over the last six games we are 17th, which is higher than 23rd. So is it getting better? Worse? Or is the selection of arbitrarily chosen blocks of games ultimately vacuous?

It's the latter.

Poor form or poor ppg over 'n' matches is just a distraction from, or at best merely a symptom of, the actual issues at hand - decision making at all levels of the club from owner through to players, reactive thinking, and delusional expectations.

Nutshell for you. Momentum is downward. A killer in team sport.

• Like 3

Any reason why the OP never chose 15 games? 

What were the 3 games before those 12, I just had a look.....  Watford - won, Hull - won, Sunderland - won, so add those 9 points and where would we be?

As much as I am certainly not convinced by what has happened, and probably agree that it actually seems we have regressed, it does show that plenty on here will choose what to present to suit their own stance (both sides too).

4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Nutshell for you. Momentum is downward. A killer in team sport.

But if ppg over the last 6 is superior to that over the last 12 then surely momentum is going upwards?

I'm not arguing this is the case by the way, but it ably demonstrates the absurdity of an arbitrary selection of a single set of matches in an attempt to demonstrate any kind of meaningful point.

As @TheReds says...why not go for the last 13, 14, or 15 games...oh they were all wins and gives us 1.2ppg over 15. Not play off form, but we'd be far above 23rd in the table.

I'm not happy, but the debate and conversation needs to be based upon consistent measurement of delivery if it's to have any meaning or interest.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely the way to assess fully and fairly will be once the season is over.

Certainly the attitude that the EFL takes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah but over the last six games we are 17th

Think 6 games is the one most used in the media.  Which ever way you dress it up though we’re pretty ****** atm.  12 games, 9 games, 6 games, 23rd placeor 17th place, it doesn’t really matter.   We’re nowhere near where we were last Autumn when this farce began and where we were promised we were going and we are going only one way.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Think 6 games is the one most used in the media.  Which ever way you dress it up though we’re pretty ****** atm.  12 games, 9 games, 6 games, 23rd placeor 17th place, it doesn’t really matter.   We’re nowhere near where we were last Autumn when this farce began and where we were promised we were going and we are going only one way.  

Absolutely. I'm not disputing that it's shit right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

But if ppg over the last 6 is superior to that over the last 12 then surely momentum is going upwards?

I'm not arguing this is the case by the way, but it ably demonstrates the absurdity of an arbitrary selection of a single set of matches in an attempt to demonstrate any kind of meaningful point.

As @TheReds says...why not go for the last 13, 14, or 15 games...oh they were all wins and gives us 1.2ppg over 15. Not play off form, but we'd be far above 23rd in the table.

I'm not happy, but the debate and conversation needs to be based upon consistent measurement of delivery if it's to have any meaning or interest.

If we are squabbling regarding what period of games 

Let’s keep it simple - his record since arriving - not good is it

And , putting stats aside it’s about watching and listening to all the surrounding indicators as well

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheReds said:

What were the 3 games before those 12, I just had a look.....  Watford - won, Hull - won, Sunderland - won, so add those 9 points and where would we be?

As much as I am certainly not convinced by what has happened, and probably agree that it actually seems we have regressed, it does show that plenty on here will choose what to present to suit their own stance (both sides too).

Any reason you only added 3 more games to that? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

If we are squabbling regarding what period of games 

Let’s keep it simple - his record since arriving - not good is it

And , putting stats aside it’s about watching and listening to all the surrounding indicators as well

Almost half a season and 23 points is the harsh reality. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I called it when we beat Barnsley 5-3 around the same time in 2013. We were all over the place in so many ways on field and off. You can see it and sense it. You don't need maths for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I called it when we beat Barnsley 5-3 around the same time in 2013. We were all over the place in so many ways on field and off. You can see it and sense it. You don't need maths for that.

Look at the attendances then as well, around 12/13K at home. People will walk.

18 minutes ago, TheReds said:

12 is a valid subsection of games to look at because of the three preceding matches.  We were on a decent run of form and had the opportunity to capitalise on that and push on.  instead he sent us up to Birmingham to defend and since that time instead of capitalising we've capitulated.

Starting to think it might be better is we lose to Swansea, if that means Manning gets sacked.

Someone will be along in a second to say "I never want my team to lose"....but if you want the best for the club in the long term, sometimes you can see it as a necessary evil for the greater good.

Having said all that - Manning is only a part of the problem, Tinnion and Crayon Boy need to go too.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1