IGNORED

'I'm taking my ball & I'm going home'

JAWS

I do wonder if Lansclown was 'that' boy on the playground who brought his ball along & when things didn't go his way promptly took it home & is now continuing in the same vein in adulthood 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 9

8 hours ago, JAWS said:

I do wonder if Lansclown was 'that' boy on the playground who brought his ball along & when things didn't go his way promptly took it home & is now continuing in the same vein in adulthood 🤔

I think he was the nerdy clever  one who always brought a sick note from mummy to get him out games .

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, JAWS said:

I do wonder if you were "that" boy in the playground that became so jealous of the fact that someone else had a football that you forgot about the football and are now continuing in the same vein in adulthood🤡

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I think the problem with Jon is that he's lived an entitled life and fair play to him for that. But he doesn't know what it's like to work hard all week to be able to afford to go to the football on the Saturday. He doesn't know the sacrifices many of us have to make in order to attend because he's never had to do that. 

For most of us that are living normal lives in the real world he doesn't get how going to the football is an escape from the ups and downs of a normal life. 

I'd say for most of us our mental wellbeing is impacted by how we do. Win and we go into the week with a spring in our step, lose and everything is just quite gloomy for the next week. 

If we lose Jon just buggers off to his yacht in the Bahamas. 

I think his lack of being able to relate really impacts how he goes about the job. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think the problem with Jon is that he's lived an entitled life and fair play to him for that. But he doesn't know what it's like to work hard all week to be able to afford to go to the football on the Saturday. He doesn't know the sacrifices many of us have to make in order to attend because he's never had to do that. 

For most of us that are living normal lives in the real world he doesn't get how going to the football is an escape from the ups and downs of a normal life. 

I'd say for most of us our mental wellbeing is impacted by how we do. Win and we go into the week with a spring in our step, lose and everything is just quite gloomy for the next week. 

I think his lack of being able to relate really impacts how he goes about the job. 

Nonsense. I haven’t agreed with a lot of Jon’s recent decisions, but just because he hasn’t had many/any financial stresses growing up, doesn’t mean his mood isn’t impacted by our results. The two are completely unrelated

• Like 5

11 hours ago, JAWS said:

Why do you find it necessary to be so unnecessarily rude?

• Like 13

Steve has invested a lot of time and money in the club and deserves a bit more respect to be honest. Yes I think the time has come for change and the football decisions in general are baffling, certainly this crazy structure with Tinnion involved but we wouldn’t have the facilities now enjoyed without Steve. However he should have seen sense with Nige IMO and kept him at the club, things were developing in right direction, the Manning appointment is no better than Holden. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Steve has invested a lot of time and money in the club and deserves a bit more respect to be honest. Yes I think the time has come for change and the football decisions in general are baffling, certainly this crazy structure with Tinnion involved but we wouldn’t have the facilities now enjoyed without Steve. However he should have seen sense with Nige IMO and kept him at the club, things were developing in right direction, the Manning appointment is no better than Holden. 

I’m sorry, but I disagree with the notion that we should be grateful to the Lansdowns.  Most championship and league one clubs have shiny new stadiums nowadays. And what have we really achieved on the pitch?  We’ve gone absolutely nowhere in the last 50 years, but clubs like Swindon, Barnsley, Oldham and Luton have all reached the premier league. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For most of us who have supported BCFC for any real length of time and then not understanding the ups and downs of football- whether BCFC, England or one of a number of "second" clubs we may openly or secretly support then you don't understand football and the relationship is unhealthy.

If losing regularly or not achieving is going to affect your mental health then Football is absolutely to be avoided because the highs are few and lows are legion.

If losing , whether its Leicester or Rotherham , impacts your mental health  to any real extent then you should take a look at whether it's worth it. To include JL in any mental health issues is, in itself, mental.

As the excellent Tom said before he hung up his OTIB administrator boots " If it's all getting a bit much- take a break".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

We’re all pleased when we win. But if the “mental wellbeing” of grown adults is impacted by the fortunes of a football team then that is pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

For most of us who have supported BCFC for any real length of time and then not understanding the ups and downs of football- whether BCFC, England or one of a number of "second" clubs we may openly or secretly support then you don't understand football and the relationship is unhealthy.

If losing regularly or not achieving is going to affect your mental health then Football is absolutely to be avoided because the highs are few and lows are legion.

If losing , whether its Leicester or Rotherham , impacts your mental health  to any real extent then you should take a look at whether it's worth it. To include JL in any mental health issues is, in itself, mental.

As the excellent Tom said before he hung up his OTIB administrator boots " If it's all getting a bit much- take a break".

This attitude in 2024 is appalling. 

Considering your attitude towards mental wellbeing then it's pointless debating this with you. 

If you ever listen to 3 peeps in a podcast at the beginning of every episode they always ask each other for a mental well being rating. If we win its usually a 8/9 and if we lose around a 6ish. So I'm just going to leave it as that. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

So at what point are you going to give a ****  about what you've said about BT, SL , JL and the young Manager Liam Manning? What possible reason would they have to want to fail?

They don't count in your warped world.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Why do you find it necessary to be so unnecessarily rude?

For the same reason lansclown felt it necessary to be so unnecessarily rude to us fans on more than one occasion. None more so than when he said he felt sorry for those fans who questioned his decision to appoint holden. Sorry that we couldn't see what they were trying to do! 

That after he went public on talksport saying he wanted to appoint a manager to take us to the next level.

And lying about the reason to dispense with NP.

I don't feel bad about questioning his unreasonable behaviour

• Facepalm 3

6 minutes ago, JAWS said:

For the same reason lansclown felt it necessary to be so unnecessarily rude to us fans on more than one occasion. None more so than when he said he felt sorry for those fans who questioned his decision to appoint holden. Sorry that we couldn't see what they were trying to do! 

That after he went public on talksport saying he wanted to appoint a manager to take us to the next level.

And lying about the reason to dispense with NP.

I don't feel bad about questioning his unreasonable behaviour

How very dare Mr Lansdown to state that he wanted to appoint a Manager to take us to the next level. 

• Like 2