IGNORED

FA Youth Cup - Match Thread

33 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm pretty sure you don't know how the ignore function works on this site. 

Join a forum (btw don’t pay the £fiver membership) and then put on the ignore list virtually every other member. He’s invented a virtual echo chamber … but it’s cost him nothing. 

Think having an ignore list should be a privilege of paid subscription. 

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 5
  • Hmmm 1

I have some good memories from the previous Youth Cup games a long time ago and appreciate the players who made it to our first team.

Unable to watch or even listen to commentary but from the comments from almost everyone in this thread, the under 18's squad and coaches have done a very good job with a group of boys who hopefully, will make it to City's first team.

So thank you under 18's for making it so far in the Youth Cup and best wishes for the rest of your careers.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Join a forum (btw don’t pay the £fiver membership) and then put on the ignore list virtually every other member. He’s invented a virtual echo chamber … but it’s cost him nothing. 

Think having an ignore list should be a privilege of paid subscription. 

As well as limiting the number of posts. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

• Admin
28 minutes ago, 42nite said:

As well as limiting the number of posts. 

I like the ignore list suggestion but I think the membership should be perks rather than basic functions. I wouldn’t want a debate stifled because people ran out of posts for the day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ian M said:

I like the ignore list suggestion but I think the membership should be perks rather than basic functions. I wouldn’t want a debate stifled because people ran out of posts for the day.

It's only £5 a year.   🙄

10 hours ago, Shuffle said:

I agree and Meerholz has a bit of everything to be successful & be good to see him introduced this season.  Also really like Anderson and Campbell Slowey who both have really good chances of being a success here.

Congratulations to everyone involved with 18s as a great campaign.

Meerholz has got that bit of something hasn’t he?

I like both TA and JCS too.

Hewlett is gonna be an interesting one, not just because of his dad, but because the way we play.  He’s a bit “missed out”, but he does all the basics really, really well.

Duncan is the other.  But the route to first team football is a tough one for a young keeper.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

Booooo, we can’t restrict user groups from having an Ignore list 😔

However, we can make it so OTIB Supporters cannot be placed on an ignore list 😂

It'd have to be a red tick facility Ian. Can't be doing with that other colour.

Edited by Curr Avon

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hewlett is gonna be an interesting one, not just because of his dad, but because the way we play.  He’s a bit “missed out”, but he does all the basics really, really well.

Duncan is the other.  But the route to first team football is a tough one for a young keeper.

I saw Hewlett's father make his debut against Wolves at Molineux. But as that seems about a lifetime away, it makes me feel older than I am.

I hope the son will make the grade.

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Billy Phillips is an interesting one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Billy Phillips is an interesting one.

Yes, looking forward to seeing him develop.  He’s had more impact than Nelson and Morrison who’ve both made match day squads.

I wonder now the U18s have had some good press and the U21s are famed as part of the "pathway", they will actually get some content on the OS. 
I take it they employ people on a full time basis , that we have a media department that runs more than mon/fri 8-5 . I went on to look at the U18 page. 
We have a dropdown link to the 'Academy' , which is U21s page , scant details on players there either.

Screenshot2024-04-03at09_52_09.png.a4367c51bbfbb3a0ef20862d4814e24a.png

I don't think it's me not looking properly , but there is an U18s page 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/mens-under-18s/

If you want info on Joe Duncan , you're out of luck there too.

Screenshot2024-04-03at09_56_45.png.abfa7220ca4547ac633742fe82288909.png

Screenshot2024-04-03at09_57_00.png.f2f6e9d23af21648d2db2b4221772c84.png

It would take maybe a couple of hours to do Bios for the lot of them , just basic stuff. 
Once the pages are done a few minutes to update , but nothing.  The entire content seems to be via Tweets, specially poor as the U18s have reached the semi final this year and the U21s have been doing really well for some time. Then add that many of them have been on the bench at times and a lot of fans wouldn't know anything about them .
Frustrating and very tinpot IMO.

I will take it back if I have missed the link, but not the virtual total lack of content. Now them deem fit to put the Micky Bell info on the OS at least. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/micky-bell-proud-of-young-robins/

and a report of the game

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/academy-news/report-manchester-city-u18s-1-0-bristol-city-u18s/

Probably more than they have done for the rest of the season.
I don't think they even consider that more coverage would lead to more interest and possibly more actually watching. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, looking forward to seeing him develop.  He’s had more impact than Nelson and Morrison who’ve both made match day squads.

What have you made of Joe James ?
I like the look of him , but I thought James (?) Taylor looked a real prospect , I think he's at Yate now.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What have you made of Joe James ?
I like the look of him , but I thought James (?) Taylor looked a real prospect , I think he's at Yate now.

Needs to do more.  Not sure if he plays within himself or not, but want to see more.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I have some good memories from the previous Youth Cup games a long time ago and appreciate the players who made it to our first team.

Unable to watch or even listen to commentary but from the comments from almost everyone in this thread, the under 18's squad and coaches have done a very good job with a group of boys who hopefully, will make it to City's first team.

So thank you under 18's for making it so far in the Youth Cup and best wishes for the rest of your careers.

Obviously too late for this season, but the game was available to watch on FA Player.

It requires just a basic task of registering - I'm not sure, but I think I registered originally in order to watch some of the England women's matches.

Feel free to send me a PM should you require some guidance.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

Massive high fives to our brilliant U18's, who despite injury issues stood toe to toe with multi millionaires Man C. and produced a great performance.  Well done to all who played, supported and coached in our outstanding young team..........."THEY'LL BE BACK" 😃

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You know what this means - players not going up to first team level so we can have the glory of winning the U18 league…

So with a season now with nothing to play for (except vindicating the management appointments by finishing say 11th) will some of these young players be given a chance on the 1st team bench?

Hope so...

• Hmmm 1

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

So with a season now with nothing to play for (except vindicating the management appointments by finishing say 11th) will some of these young players be given a chance on the 1st team bench?

Hope so...

No, there's an U18 League to be won.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

You know what this means - players not going up to first team level so we can have the glory of winning the U18 league…

Despite the defeat, good to see Micky looking chipper.

Not the best left back we’ve ever had, but definitely a fan’s favourite.

And we got him cheap.

Edited by Malago

6 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I wonder now the U18s have had some good press and the U21s are famed as part of the "pathway", they will actually get some content on the OS. 
I take it they employ people on a full time basis , that we have a media department that runs more than mon/fri 8-5 . I went on to look at the U18 page. 
We have a dropdown link to the 'Academy' , which is U21s page , scant details on players there either.

Screenshot2024-04-03at09_52_09.png.a4367c51bbfbb3a0ef20862d4814e24a.png

I don't think it's me not looking properly , but there is an U18s page 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/mens-under-18s/

If you want info on Joe Duncan , you're out of luck there too.

Screenshot2024-04-03at09_56_45.png.abfa7220ca4547ac633742fe82288909.png

Screenshot2024-04-03at09_57_00.png.f2f6e9d23af21648d2db2b4221772c84.png

It would take maybe a couple of hours to do Bios for the lot of them , just basic stuff. 
Once the pages are done a few minutes to update , but nothing.  The entire content seems to be via Tweets, specially poor as the U18s have reached the semi final this year and the U21s have been doing really well for some time. Then add that many of them have been on the bench at times and a lot of fans wouldn't know anything about them .
Frustrating and very tinpot IMO.

I will take it back if I have missed the link, but not the virtual total lack of content. Now them deem fit to put the Micky Bell info on the OS at least. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/interviews/micky-bell-proud-of-young-robins/

and a report of the game

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/academy-news/report-manchester-city-u18s-1-0-bristol-city-u18s/

Probably more than they have done for the rest of the season.
I don't think they even consider that more coverage would lead to more interest and possibly more actually watching. 

Given the incompetent way most of the club’s media is run my tendency is to assume the lack of info is down to insufficient staff or organisation, however I do wonder whether with U18s there are potential safeguarding implications of providing even a name and photo until their 18th birthdays. 

3 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

Given the incompetent way most of the club’s media is run my tendency is to assume the lack of info is down to insufficient staff or organisation, however I do wonder whether with U18s there are potential safeguarding implications of providing even a name and photo until their 18th birthdays. 

I slightly corrected that for you, hope you don't mind

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

It's possible. Don't know if you've noticed but the club sometimes tweet pictures of the younger lads signing academy forms, and the caption is always something like "another young prospect signs up", but they never name the player (though often there'll be a reply or retweet from someone who knows them and will give a name).