IGNORED

Front foot

NickJ

Front foot reminds me of my favourite Terry Bush story.

City are attacking and Bush has the ball

He should shoot but doesn’t.  A fan shouts out put it on your left foot

Another fan shouts in reply, Bush still hesitating,  he’s trying to work out which is his left foot.

I think the current players are trying to work out which is their front foot

• Haha 5

Absolutely dire stuff but I think the result kicks the can down the road for at least a few weeks.

The only positive was our first two subs improved us & he did today what he should have done in midweek, brought King on to help us see the game out.

• Like 7

Just now, GrahamC said:

Absolutely dire stuff but I think the result kicks the can down the road for at least a few weeks.

The only positive was our first two subs improved us & he did today what he should have done in midweek, brought King on to help us see the game out.

Personally think it's more than a few weeks. The result should put a safe now and so buys him the season and at least 10 games next season.

1st time as a city supporter that because of the above reasons I am not sure I am happy about the result. 

Don't care if anyone thinks this makes me less of a fan but I feel we are being set back massively by keeping the current regime 

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

When we’ve been in the form we’ve been in recently result is the most important thing. We were constantly on the front foot mid week but lost the game. What people won’t mention is the subs that Manning made changed the game…

BA8F4E87-6CC9-481A-845C-3B9245684077.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Personally think it's more than a few weeks. The result should put a safe now and so buys him the season and at least 10 games next season.

1st time as a city supporter that because of the above reasons I am not sure I am happy about the result. 

Don't care if anyone thinks this makes me less of a fan but I feel we are being set back massively by keeping the current regime 

100% this

47 minutes ago, NickJ said:

My arse.

Never been so bored.

Yep, 1st half was woeful, that sort of something is wrong at the club woeful.

Result was important thing today and we got it. We didn’t deserve it, necessarily, Swansea looked very limited to me but were better team on the day, but as you say the product being delivered isn’t the product that was pitched.

The one thing I’d take is that it’s hard to say Manning is inflexible after today. There’s no way that’s how he wants his teams to play, we seem to now be set on a restrictive 4-4-2 which must differ from his possession based mindset. Whether it’s too little too late for some, the idea that he’s bluntly forcing his style on his players must be done after today’s structured, direct, showing.

31 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

When we’ve been in the form we’ve been in recently result is the most important thing. We were constantly on the front foot mid week but lost the game. What people won’t mention is the subs that Manning made changed the game…

That’s the basics of his job . He shouldn’t be celebrated for it when it’s a one off . It was easy to see the problems mid week & he did nothing 

• Like 1

Sorry we now have to credit the manager for bringing on Mark Sykes for Harry Cornick? A substitution that surely 99% of the fans wouldn’t have had to make as we’d have all started our most effective attacking player rather than brining him on after 56 minutes.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

You don’t think Sykes and Roberts changed the game then? 

Not hard to do when you haven't had a shot at goal up to the point of the sub. And when you're inexplicably starting Cornick instead of Sykes in the first instance.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s the basics of his job . He shouldn’t be celebrated for it when it’s a one off . It was easy to see the problems mid week & he did nothing 

But if he gets criticised for it then surely you have to give praise for getting it right? Which he did today

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Not hard to do when you haven't had a shot at goal up to the point of the sub. And when you're inexplicably starting Cornick instead of Sykes in the first instance.

Because Cornick played well mid week, he didn’t today but there we go 

48 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

They have mentioned the subs as obvious and largely what should have been done in the week.

50 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I made a cake earlier, but I forgot to put the butter and sugar in. It was horrendous. 

I put some icing on the top, which made it look better.

But I still had to chuck it in the ****ing bin.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yes completely agree with this. If I got anything positive other than the result it was that Mr Manning did effect the game from the touch line. 

For me, the difference was possibly two-fold:

The subs - Sykes (especially) came on and looked really sharp and put Tymon under pressure.  Roberts did well when he came on too.

Bravery - Williams and TGH suddenly played 10 yards higher up.

image.thumb.jpeg.f9f68347d52719371bd8d066fae57188.jpeg

Time on clock 71:04!!!  Not sure when exactly they did it, but that bit of increased impetus from a few minutes previous and Swansea keeper kicking longer and us winning the bits and pieces, might’ve been a coincidence, but we disrupted Swansea’s boring, boring patterns.  But we hadn’t done this after an hour.

Could be a combo of subs and bravery?

I thought Williams put a real shift in today.  Think that might be 6 assists for him this season.

+++++

That Placheta Miss might’ve been the catalyst to waking us from our slumber!

+++++

Delighted with the win.  Lifts a big weight.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

But if he gets criticised for it then surely you have to give praise for getting it right? Which he did today

Because Cornick played well mid week, he didn’t today but there we go 

It was obvious subs though & you could say Sykes should have started . Therefore he got it wrong to start with 

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was obvious subs though & you could say Sykes should have started . Therefore he got it wrong to start with 

In fairness Cornick did well enough on Tuesday to keep his place.

He didn’t really get much chance in a poor team performance at the point he came off.  I felt sorry for him.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness Cornick did well enough on Tuesday to keep his place.

He didn’t really get much chance in a poor team performance at the point he came off.  I felt sorry for him.

Possibly , but he sets up differently for every game depending on who we're facing . So if a quicker more direct player in Sykes was a better option then why not play him. He obviously thought differently 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Possibly , but he sets up differently for every game depending on who we're facing . So if a quicker more direct player in Sykes was a better option then why not play him. He obviously thought differently 

Yeah, wasn’t trying to second guess Manning, and as you say he seems to try to counter out opponent rather than impose our game on them.

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Sorry we now have to credit the manager for bringing on Mark Sykes for Harry Cornick? A substitution that surely 99% of the fans wouldn’t have had to make as we’d have all started our most effective attacking player rather than brining him on after 56 minutes.

I'll bet you any money in the world that Manning would pick Sykes for that position every single week if the player wasn't coming back from injury.

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'll bet you any money in the world that Manning would pick Sykes for that position every single week if the player wasn't coming back from injury.

His post match comments seemed to indicate that, in view of the recent results, he wanted to get to half time “still in the game” so started with a cautious lineup. 

6 minutes ago, Leveller said:

His post match comments seemed to indicate that, in view of the recent results, he wanted to get to half time “still in the game” so started with a cautious lineup. 

I actually have no issues with that, but Swansea had too many scenarios (not necessarily chances / shots) for that plan to a “good one”.  Smacks of revisionism a bit.  They got into our half easily when they wanted too.  There were 3 or 4 occasions when Swansea decided to play a bit quicker that they opened us up easily.  God knows why they didn’t try more often!  Game plan goes out of the window if they convert.

And when I hear comments like this I would love someone to ask - so what was the plan when you won the ball back?

That always goes un-asked and therefore un-answered!

And therefore I can only come up with;

- there wasn’t one (unlikely)

- we didn’t execute it

- it wasn’t really the plan but sounds good when you play crap and win 1-0

That sounds harsh, but you only had at the front two trudging off at h-t and thinking, am I just gonna shuttle run side to side all game and not be allowed to engage?

• Like 2