IGNORED

Sack or back?

Aipearcey

Sack or back?  

485 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Doesn’t he get a chance with his own players not NPs choices, and ex players? 

No. His tactics are useless and his game management is worse. But we are lumbered with him for at least another 6 months, by which time most of the senior players will have left along with Tommy and any other player with any ambition. Letting Manning get his hands on the “nest egg” is bonkers!

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

13 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

So if that ‘chance’ (Based on mere ‘blind hope’ right now) fails and we are forced to change 

We’d then have a mix of his players and ‘someone elses’  - Recruited for different styles , for someone else

Does that appeal to you ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

No, it wasn't his remit.

How many of 'his' players do you anticipate. A whole team / squad ?

Just one or two ?

Please enlighten us to how many he needs of his players he needs to have us playing his way...whatever that is.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No, it wasn't his remit.

Just one or two ?

Please enlighten us to how many he needs of his players he needs to have us playing his way...whatever that is.

This is where I am as well.

Realistically he gets a maximum of 4 new players next summer.

What confidence do I have he’ll even keep us treading water? As no way he improves us based on what I’ve witnessed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

League one

I would find that absolutely hysterical in all honesty. 

But I want a tilt at the top end and realistically the goons that operate this club will open the purse strings to double down on the mood hoover. This is the best route we’ve got to having a go in the short term.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Overall though I felt we deserved the win given our second half performance. And we did win - which was vital given our poor run which had clearly impacted the players’ confidence. 

I've never based my opinion on whether to sack/back a manger on a single result. I try not to base it on results at all if I'm honest. 

That's why I was still happy with Manning up until Cardiff. But the numbers beneath the bonnet are poor, are declining, and there's nothing to see that suggests they'll change.

In his 22 games we've dominated xG to the point of reasonably expecting a win just 4 times. That's crap. Initially we saw a bump in shots for, and shots on target for, and we drastically reduced the shots on target against from about 4.5 to 3. But all of those have regressed to the point that they're almost as bad now as they were under Pearson.

It's not good. And one crap 1-0 win against a very crap opponent does nothing to change any of the above.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

I would find that absolutely hysterical in all honesty. 

But I want a tilt at the top end and realistically the goons that operate this club will open the purse strings to double down on the mood hoover. This is the best route we’ve got to having a go in the short term.  

I wish I had your optimism because it clearly isn’t shared by at least 90% of the supporters. Manning is ****ing clueless and you don’t need a comparison with the previous manager to see that. Holden was equally terrible but at least to start with the football was better than the steaming pile of turd Manning is serving up on a regular basis!

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I wish I had your optimism because it clearly isn’t shared by at least 90% of the supporters. Manning is ****ing clueless and you don’t need a comparison with the previous manager to see that. Holden was equally terrible but at least to start with the football was better than the steaming pile of turd Manning is serving up on a regular basis!

Let’s see how it goes.  I still chuckle at SL’s self congratulatory backslapping on Holden when he’d had a decent start, and in a similar vein I won’t completely write off Manning yet.  It’s still to early. 

Now, I’m relatively comfortable with my expectations here (they’re low) - and I also suspect the outcome of the Manning period won’t be a successful one.  There’s no guarantees though, it might work out and I’ll hold onto that until Nov/Dec. 

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Let’s see how it goes.  I still chuckle at SL’s self congratulatory backslapping on Holden when he’d had a decent start, and in a similar vein I won’t completely write off Manning yet.  It’s still to early. 

Now, I’m relatively comfortable with my expectations here (they’re low) - and I also suspect the outcome of the Manning period won’t be a successful one.  There’s no guarantees though, it might work out and I’ll hold onto that until Nov/Dec. 

And so will Lansdown until we are in the relegation zone going into Christmas and he will be forced to make a change. There is nothing in Manning’s CV to suggest he is going to be a success at this level sticking slavishly to the “Guardiola way circa 2018”.

• Thanks 1

I didn’t want Pearson to go, but the season was pretty poor under him too. I’m not sure we’re any worse under Manning - leaving aside “recency bias”.

Purely because change for change’s sake is rarely a good idea, I’d stick ftb.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

I don’t have any optimism with Manning at the helm. Our football is dull - slow and pedestrian with little intensity or aggression. The unity in the team and fans, with a sense of shared purpose, that was slowly cultivated by NP has been eroded. I don’t get the sense the players would run through brick walls for him and the fans have lost patience already. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Too many people hoping for the worst just to prove a point.

I assume you mean - wanting City to lose?

Nothing could be further from the truth in my case.  I want City to succeed.  I think it’s a cheap argument to say that.

re the Poll - I saw nothing to change my mind from last Saturday which was sack.

I don’t care how the fanbase judge, but if the fanbase find themselves saying “it’s about the result today” I think it’s a bit hypocritical to “but we play well on Tuesday” when losing to Ipswich.  Ditto re other facets too, e,g. Subs, game management, etc.

Personally I’d rather judge on the “whole lot”, but that’s me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No, it wasn't his remit.

Just one or two ?

How many players did Pearson Holden Johnson sign? 

Bored rigid of watching Bristol city under Manning and Pearson. As a product it’s no better than the last season under LJ. At times under both managers I thought I could see progress at times only for us to regress . 
I used to enjoy home games but now I only go as I’ve already paid for my tickets 

1 hour ago, forbespm said:

Glad we won but the football is dull dull dull and no passion with this clown in charge

That’s because he wants emotionless players . Whatever that means . Football is all about emotion . I think he means players need to make decisions with cool heads. If that’s what he means then bloody say it. I thought I could give him more time than I have but he’s a bluffer & I can’t watch his style of football 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Too many people hoping for the worst just to prove a point.

9 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

How many players did Pearson Holden Johnson sign? 

You asked the question " doesn't he get the chance with his own players.?" 

Why are you bringing up past managers ?

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

The question should be would the board back him to bring in his own players. Based on Twine, Mebude and the woeful performances, it’s a big fat no from me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I assume you mean - wanting City to lose?

Nothing could be further from the truth in my case.  I want City to succeed.  I think it’s a cheap argument to say that.

re the Poll - I saw nothing to change my mind from last Saturday which was sack.

I don’t care how the fanbase judge, but if the fanbase find themselves saying “it’s about the result today” I think it’s a bit hypocritical to “but we play well on Tuesday” when losing to Ipswich.  Ditto re other facets too, e,g. Subs, game management, etc.

Personally I’d rather judge on the “whole lot”, but that’s me.

Each individual has their own perspective I can’t comment for you. Well my view is the “whole lot” is that Manning has disappointed so far yet he has done enough to merit time, and some players who he wants to recruit.