IGNORED

Sack or back?

Aipearcey

Sack or back?  

485 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

You asked the question " doesn't he get the chance with his own players.?" 

Why are you bringing up past managers ?

Because I want to know how many players these managers signed and whether they had the chance to get their own players in , LJ NP did, can’t remember Holden.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

There's a handful of people on this forum that did.

If it’s a handful out of the 13k City that turned up today then it’s not even worthy of consideration tbh. The overwhelming consensus is crap game glad we got the points.

1 minute ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Each individual has their own perspective I can’t comment for you. Well my view is the “whole lot” is that Manning has disappointed so far yet he has done enough to merit time, and some players who he wants to recruit. 

The worry is that he can’t adapt . It’s pretty clear he inherited a squad that’s not capable of playing the way he wants . He’s unable though to set us up as needed & change slowly as he gets the players he wants . That must be a big worry , it is for me. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

The worry is that he can’t adapt . It’s pretty clear he inherited a squad that’s not capable of playing the way he wants . He’s unable though to set us up as needed & change slowly as he gets the players he wants . That must be a big worry , it is for me. 

Yes i agree 

37 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

And so will Lansdown until we are in the relegation zone going into Christmas and he will be forced to make a change. There is nothing in Manning’s CV to suggest he is going to be a success at this level sticking slavishly to the “Guardiola way circa 2018”.

Well they took the punt and will have to underwrite the losses if it goes badly.  I would imagine season ticket renewals will be a very good indicator if this is a costly decision or not. 

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Meanwhile I’ve just been reading comments on a Swansea forum, praising Manning for doing a job on them and wishing they’d appointed him!

Not what the Swans fans I was chatting to on the walk back were saying I can assure you.  

• Like 1

Just now, lenred said:

Not what the Swans fans I was chatting to on the walk back were saying I can assure you.  

Did any of them rate their manager? Their forums seem to feel they were as bad as us today and think he’s a mistake.

Just now, Leveller said:

Did any of them rate their manager? Their forums seem to feel they were as bad as us today and think he’s a mistake.

They said he was still new and that the fans were mostly behind him.  Certainly seemed more behind him than our fans are behind Manning that’s for sure.  

• Like 1

i thought the job manning accepted was to get our top 6 capable squad into the top six quickly playing front foot football? 

i understood that to mean using the players we have ,not bringing in players who can play that way.

if that is the case and he cant do it without his own players then he lied at interview saying he could do it or tinnion lied about the goals to be reached

• Like 3

• Admin

The obvious problem is that he doesn't know how to get a tune out of the players already in the building and some of them just don't suit his style of play 

The question is, will he be backed in the summer to bring in those who do fit his style or will he be expected to keep plugging away with what he's got? 

For me I wish someone from the club would make that point clear. Let us know if we are going to stumble our way with the current squad to the finish line and make changes in the summer

Or, is Manning going to be expected to carry on with what he inherited 

Or, is he Managing currently on the chance of getting the sack 

On the basis we sat through long turgid spells under LJ I have a horrible feeling this could be what he is expected to work with but on the flip side maybe those in charge will recognise we stagnated for too long under LJ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Is it? It was a poor performance, but we won and some unity wouldn't go amiss. 

If you want unity (or close to it), you should ask the 'board' why they sacked the previous manager.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Malvern Red said:

Hey Mr Tambourine Man play like a team for me. I’m sleepy and there is no place we’re going to… continues with more lyrics about us sleep walking our way to obscurity 

a bit of slf for mr T 

If I thought you could find a way
I'd tell you to go get lost
But why ask you to pay attention
When you brain can't stand the cost?
Look at you and the state you're in
Next to you even a brick is thin

(Chorus:)
You oughta scratch from the human race
You are a waste of a name
A waste of time and a waste of space
You've only one claim to fame