IGNORED

Sack or back?

Aipearcey

Sack or back?  

485 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There’s still a huge roll of the dice over the summer. They have two choices. 

Either have to admit he was the wrong appointment for the squad, sack him to appoint someone who suits it way more for the next season or two. 

Or you throw a load of money at him LJ style, let him have open heart surgery on it for the next 2-3 years, have much slower progress and basically completely write off what we’ve built toward for the last 3 years before this. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 3
  • Facepalm 1

Producing these numbers against that opposition is awful. I don't care what the scoreline was, he's failed to adapt to the squad we have. I hoped he had the pragmatism and humility to do that, and instead he's trying to force toothpaste back into the tube and turn these players into something they cannot be.

As this season is done and dusted I'm not bothered about when it happens, but he should go.

Screenshot_20240310-143711.png

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Producing these numbers against that opposition is awful. I don't care what the scoreline was, he's failed to adapt to the squad we have. I hoped he had the pragmatism and humility to do that, and instead he's trying to force toothpaste back into the tube and turn these players into something they cannot be.

As this season is done and dusted I'm not bothered about when it happens, but he should go.

At the end of the day we got the win and the subs Manning made won us the game. Performance was much better midweek but we lost the game, let’s see what happens in the next few weeks to see what this does for confidence 

• Confused 1

In the last poll I opted for the option of give him til the end of the season and reassess. Now I’m convinced he’s got to go. 

Who’d replace him, no idea. Just know I’ve seen enough and feel disillusioned with the club right now. 

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

At the end of the day we got the win and the subs Manning made won us the game. Performance was much better midweek but we lost the game, let’s see what happens in the next few weeks to see what this does for confidence 

Making subs to elevate us from "utterly awful" to "really very very bad" isn't really a glowing compliment.

The performance against Ipswich was, in the cold light of day, quite poor really. We got the loss we deserved.

I've been as patient as anyone with Manning. I named him as my preferred successor to Pearson, and I was not too bothered that Pearson was sacked. I've been pro-Manning for most of his time here, but our underlying numbers are on the the floor right now. In the basement where they've not been for a very long time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Overall though I felt we deserved the win given our second half performance. And we did win - which was vital given our poor run which had clearly impacted the players’ confidence. 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Note to self - don't read OTIB whilst sipping a drink as it may cause a mishap, this has made be laugh more than it should, bravo :clap:

You're welcome. We need to be able to laugh at the moment, don't we? 

16 minutes ago, Sturgess said:

In the last poll I opted for the option of give him til the end of the season and reassess. Now I’m convinced he’s got to go. 

Who’d replace him, no idea. Just know I’ve seen enough and feel disillusioned with the club right now. 

Where I am as well.

If we’d drawn 0-0 I couldn’t see how he stayed, obvious that many of the players & a lot of the crowd have no confidence in him.

Pulis levels of tedium watching today.

• Like 3

I posted on here last weekend after the Cardiff that we could have got a corner, Dickie could have scored, we win 1-0 and it changes nothing.

Well today we did, and it changes nothing. This manager and his passion killing football need to leave this club as soon as possible.

In the next few weeks (probably tomorrow now that we’ve won a game) we’re going to be asked to part with how ever many hundreds of pounds to suffer that dreadful football. Have a look around the ground today, that’s what is going to happen if we continue to be served up the worst football since Tony Pulis.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

There’s still a huge roll of the dice over the summer. They have two choices. 

Either have to admit he was the wrong appointment for the squad, sack him to appoint someone who suits it way more for the next season or two. 

Or you throw a load of money at him LJ style, let him have open heart surgery on it for the next 2-3 years, have much slower progress and basically completely write off what we’ve built toward for the last 3 years before this. 

Don’t see the point in sacking myself. I think the main problem is the squad itself not the manager. You point out that we have the option to ‘just write off what we’ve built towards for the last 3 years’ but I’m thinking - well what is that exactly? How many players in this squad are top 6 championship quality? Just who would we be building a team around right now?

Managers are not magicians and I would say that NO manager can turn this squad into a top six side - basically the players are not good enough!

Then we’re back to a rebuild anyway. Only time will tell if Manning can ‘pick a player’. We’ll have to see in the transfer window I guess. Keep hold (for now) I’d say.

Edited by Scrumpylegs
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 3

27 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Back. I want to see where this goes. 

Yeah this is a shout. The club rolled the dice in October, it's their call and their Man. Therefore they should stick with him regardless what happens going into 2024/25. If it fails it's on them.

• Like 2

Sack, usually I'd say it takes time but with what I've seen so far this is the first appointment that I see no benefits or improvements, if anything we've got worse and we're not even using our players to their strengths. 

Manning is not adaptive enough for this club, this club will have limits, restrictions etc and he cannot adapt his tactics to suit players so he'll need to bring in players, but those players will be far too costly to make us competitive with a non adaptive playstyle. 

Manning won't be able to improve us unless he changes his approach which he's already confirmed he has no intention to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Back him. He’s had 6 months and a window where the one big player we signed has been unlucky with injury. And the Lansdown’s would screw up the replacement anyway!

What let him spend the nest egg ?

Based on what evidence exactly

As for the last sentence that sums up some of our fans

‘If hes  crap why bother replacing him because we are likely to replace him with crap’

Mind Boggling

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

What let him spend the nest egg ?

Based on what evidence exactly

As for the last sentence that sums up some of our fans

‘If hes  crap why bother replacing him because we are likely to replace him with crap’

Mind Boggling

Mind boggling is expecting the Lansdown’s to magically become capable and oversee us go up. Definition of insanity!

• Like 1

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Mind boggling is expecting the Lansdown’s to magically become capable and oversee us go up. Definition of insanity!

Go up ? 🤣

Right now I’d be happy to see us heading towards next season without the prospect of a serious relegation fight and as it stands that looks more likely without Manning than with him

• Flames 2