IGNORED

FBC Podcast: SWANSEA [H] the verdict ....... City win ends relegation fears in borefest that wasn't a good look for modern coaching

headhunter

Join us live on You Tube & X @ 6.00 PM as we discuss a game that, until Rob Dickie's well taken winner, was memorable for the most poorly executed corner routine I've seen in 50 years and a delinquent sprinkler which delayed the start of the 2nd half.

City DID improve in the 2nd half and deserved the points but with young coaching aficionados Luke Williams & Liam Manning in the technical areas it was not pretty to watch. Swansea seemed to stick with their processes and contain their emotions even after going behind by showing no desire to chase for an equalizer.

The published crowd was just short of 21k but I reckon the in person count was barely 16k - this does not auger well for the upcoming season ticket renewal period

👇  👇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The low turnout today was mainly due to ST holders staying home for mother's day, should be back to normal by next game

Weird how every other sporting event today hasn’t been affected 

41 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Swansea seemed to stick with their processes and contain their emotions even after going behind by showing no desire to chase for an equalizer.

...take a bow! :clap:

Sums up this new passionless approach perfectly! 🤣

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The turtle said:

Anyone who watches today will see lot of "what on earth are you talking about looks"... 

At times it was impossible not to laugh.

And yes i also enjoyed it, I'm glad i have made it part of my city weekends

There was a lot of agreement and reasoned debate where there was conflict

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, headhunter said:

There was a lot of agreement and reasoned debate where there was conflict

Can you confirm how many people have asked to come on the pod since you came on here and said anyone is welcome?

A rough estimate is fine as I'm sure it's loads given the number that come on here and say how taking apart Ian's arguments would be as easy as kicking snow off a piece of rope. 

Like I say, I'm sure it's too many to count, but a rough estimate would be interesting. 

• Flames 3

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can you confirm how many people have asked to come on the pod since you came on here and said anyone is welcome?

A rough estimate is fine as I'm sure it's loads given the number that come on here and say how taking apart Ian's arguments would be as easy as kicking snow off a piece of rope. 

Like I say, I'm sure it's too many to count, but a rough estimate would be interesting. 

12,768 is my guess. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

The low turnout today was mainly due to ST holders staying home for mother's day, should be back to normal by next game

Thank you for quoting the “official” line from Bristol Sport.

This will bring great relief and reassurance to anyone who thought otherwise.

i am certain there is indisputable, hard evidence to back this up.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Yes 10000 notes from Mum!

9 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The indisputable evidence was that it IS Mother's Day today and the match took place at lunchtime when most families are out together, but I should have known that only negative comments are allowed on the forum these days!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The indisputable evidence was that it IS Mother's Day today and the match took place at lunchtime when most families are out together, but I should have known that only negative comments are allowed on the forum these days!

Really?

So, where have you seen or been told that?

Stop being so negative.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Obviously Bristolians must love their mothers much more than Brummies. The Aston Villa v Spurs match kicked off just 30 minutes later and from pictorial evidence the stadium looked fairly packed. 

5 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Obviously Bristolians must love their mothers much more than Brummies. The Aston Villa v Spurs match kicked off just 30 minutes later and from pictorial evidence the stadium looked fairly packed. 

Well it did until McGinn was sent off and Villa were 3-0 down!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

There will be a bigger crowd against Leicester because it’s Good Friday, they will bring a load and people will come out to see us play Leicester. However the last 3 home games are Blackburn midweek, Huddersfield and Rotherham. Play like we did for the first 65 minutes today, plus more bad results in between and I wouldn’t blame anyone for saying that they might have something more exciting to do instead of going to Ashton Gate!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazed that anyone would take playing like we did today just to get 16 home wins. More to life than watching god awful football 

Can I guess who we are talking about?

And therefore I’m guessing we need to get to 16 wins on the Gay-ometer, because he said that Nige getting 15 wins last season was crap / sackable because he got 15 wins the season before….completing ignoring that we lost less and drew more, ie we improved overall (55 pts to 59 pts).

So 16 wins but less than 59 points is better?  Hmmmmm!!!

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And therefore I’m guessing we need to get to 16 wins on the Gay-ometer, because he said that Nige getting 15 wins last season was crap / sackable because he got 15 wins the season before….completing ignoring that we lost less and drew more, ie we improved overall (55 pts to 59 pts).

The question was based on 'home wins'...ie would we accept watching 'rubbish football' for 16 home victories.

Only Burnley and Sheffield United achieved that last season btw.

Unfortunately, the reality is if you play rubbish football, you don't win many games full stop.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, Ian posed the question but I don't think it was made with a "Pearson bashing" intent. I took it that it was against a background of not achieving a double digit number of home wins for several seasons and would we accept seeing boring but winning football that produced a play off securing position? 

I cited the example of the Danny Wilson era [year on year improvement each season he was here] when in 02/03 Wigan secured the League 1 title with a dour, defensive style and many narrow 1-0 victories. Wilson had always played an expansive style and I seem to recall reading that he changed approach to be more defensive in 03/04 which saw us reach, but fail, in the play off final.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Amazed that anyone would take playing like we did today just to get 16 home wins. More to life than watching god awful football 

First time I've ever been shouting at the phone e in favour of IG. Just answer the question Neil !!!!! It's a hypothetical would you happy watching 16 games of dull turgid football and accept a 1-0 win each time.

No context needed.

I'm with Ian, no I wouldn't watch it .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No. It had nothing to do with that.

• Thanks 1