IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

Also just thinking about it. City have not made a single attempt to regain my business. I can't go a day after cancelling one of the millions of subscriptions I have without someone calling or emailing me offering me allsorts of discounts/incentives to come back (and I often do).

City just just don't ******* care I swear.

• Flames 6

A club that was united 6 months ago has been ripped apart by the idiots running this club. This increase is just another wedge between the fans and the people who run this club. Steve Lansdown, your idiot son, Tinnion, Gavin Marshall please **** off.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

When you’re talking about a huge sectors of society based solely on their age, then generalisation is unavoidable and appropriate. And it is absolutely and demonstrably true that they are one of the wealthiest groups in society - see the chart below.

The “easy ride” refers to the fact that today’s pensioners are not survivors of the war. They are baby boomers. They have benefitted from affordable housing and the house price boom

Have you ever heard of inflation? House prices are relative and what may appear to be affordable housing, looking back from the present day,  certainly didn’t feel like it at the time, when you look at what people were actually earning then.  Do you also realise that interest rates on mortgage repayments reached 15% at one point, meaning you were repaying the price of your house approximately every six and a half years.  House prices are dictated by supply and demand and if people aren’t buying, the prices will reduce to a point where people start buying again.

that is so crippling for younger generations now. They could raise a family on a single income when now it takes two if you want to own a family home - and all the childcare costs that go with that.

My wife and I are in our mid 60’s and we certainly couldn’t manage on one wage.  We had to shop around at various building societies to find one who would offer enough of a mortgage using our combined wages to get the mortgage we needed, which we subsequently had to pay back several times over due to high interest rates.  We had grandparents helping out with childcare and school runs, which we’re now repaying with our grandchildren.  It’s all part of the cycle of life.

They were able to go to university for free, rather than leave with enormous debt.

Sure, some benefitted from that, but many didn’t, as there was more value given to in-job training  Many left school and went straight into apprenticeships, on piss poor money for a few years, then went into the job they’d actually trained for.  Nobody forces people go go to uni nowadays, but how many choose uni, then come out with debts and degrees for something, and then find there’s no career out there requiring that degree?  

Many of them have final salary pensions and will likely have retired younger than today’s working population.

Another massive generalisation.  SOME have final salary pensions, but there are plenty who don’t have that luxury and find themselves stuck on basic state pensions.

Yes, it is true to say that not all pensioners are wealthy and many struggle. But that is the case across all age groups. And it absolutely true - in broad terms - to say that pensioners are the wealthiest group in a society.

4A1CA629-9347-48ED-ADBF-0B82BF6DA224.jpeg

So in summary, I think we are in an age where people like to rewrite history and if enough young people convince themselves that current pensioners had it so easy then it must be true, when that was actually far from the truth in most cases

Payback time will come when they themselves reach pension age and the next generation of young ‘uns are telling them that THEY had it so easy!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Hate to ruin your argument but it’s almost nobody pays National Insurance for 50 years - it’s almost impossible.
Even if you started work at 15 and retired at 65!

It’s not paid once you retire, or when you earn small amounts after leaving school many, many years ago as you would be below the threshold!

Yep, fair comment there DT and probably more like 45 years NI.

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

Fair play to you. I've seen your posts on OTIB for a while about staying away and you were ahead of the curve I have to say.. 

I won't be renewing for 2024/25, not because of the money but out of protest to how the club is being run. 

I preferred the old Ashton Gate too and find the overall matchday experience now very watered down and dull. I think this is what the fat cats wanted and have no ambition for us to really kick on.

Hopefully they sell up soon and things change.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sure it’s been said before but TInnion on the renewal marketing is bizarre and undoubtedly clear disrespect to us fans. Time will tell how much we will stomach - my feeling is that sales will be very slow as we may have gone over a tipping point of contempt towards us. Maybe it has been this bad before but it doesn’t feel like that right now. I feel disgust at the club- ashamed to be a city fan. So many lies, so much disrespect. Such a glaring lack of ambition. It’s only going one way next season. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

29 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Fair play to you. I've seen your posts on OTIB for a while about staying away and you were ahead of the curve I have to say.. 

I won't be renewing for 2024/25, not because of the money but out of protest to how the club is being run. 

I preferred the old Ashton Gate too and find the overall matchday experience now very watered down and dull. I think this is what the fat cats wanted and have no ambition for us to really kick on.

Hopefully they sell up soon and things change.

If anything I was a few seasons late. Dean Holden should have been my exit route, but I hung on thinking they'd not do anything like that again ... (they ******* did 😂)

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

Sure it’s been said before but TInnion on the renewal marketing is bizarre and undoubtedly clear disrespect to us fans. Time will tell how much we will stomach - my feeling is that sales will be very slow as we may have gone over a tipping point of contempt towards us. Maybe it has been this bad before but it doesn’t feel like that right now. I feel disgust at the club- ashamed to be a city fan. So many lies, so much disrespect. Such a glaring lack of ambition. It’s only going one way next season. 

Is it clear disrespect or are they well, well out of touch? Isn't good either way of course..

Lack of ambition, a fair point but a fair question would be how much do you want spending, how exactly do we quantify the correct level of ambition in 2024-25?

8 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

It's an incredibly strange choice of image.

7 people in the photo, only one of which is a current first team player. Is it normal to have a big picture of the club's technical director on such a post?

Surely the club know that Tinnion and Manning are relatively unpopular figures within the fanbase right now, so why make them so prominent in the advert? We seem to have used this as an opportunity to double-down on a couple of unpopular appointments.

Very odd.

That’s the arrogance of the club at the minute. As I said before, they look at us as a nuisance 

The ego on Tinnion to allow his mug on there. Could you imagine the laugh we would have if Mark Ashton was on the Ipswich photo 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

That’s where I am at now. Season ticket holder for 29 years - have often threatened to cancel but it’s hard to let go when you have done something for so long. It’s something I’ve always continued for the sake of my dad as it’s something we have always done together .

Ive not been to a game for a while now though and have not missed it at all

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ben1980 said:

They can poke their season ticket..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

So in summary, I think we are in an age where people like to rewrite history and if enough young people convince themselves that current pensioners had it so easy then it must be true, when that was actually far from the truth in most cases

Payback time will come when they themselves reach pension age and the next generation of young ‘uns are telling them that THEY had it so easy!!!

True,

My dad doesn't earn anywhere near what I do and he's a pensioner,

Like with the youth, not all are lazy, like with the middle class, not all are tory voters and like with the old, not all have money to burn,

If it ain't broke don't fix it, if anything we should reinstate student prices

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

That’s the arrogance of the club at the minute. As I said before, they look at us as a nuisance 

The ego on Tinnion to allow his mug on there. Could you imagine the laugh we would have if Mark Ashton was on the Ipswich photo 

I take it you haven’t seen the new statue of Mark Ashton  just outside Ipswich main entrance

8 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Also just thinking about it. City have not made a single attempt to regain my business. I can't go a day after cancelling one of the millions of subscriptions I have without someone calling or emailing me offering me allsorts of discounts/incentives to come back (and I often do).

City just just don't ******* care I swear.

Agreed. They should have players calling those who don't renew; a personal touch would go a long, long way. 

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it clear disrespect or are they well, well out of touch? Isn't good either way of course..

Lack of ambition, a fair point but a fair question would be how much do you want spending, how exactly do we quantify the correct level of ambition in 2024-25?

I think it's a combination of both Pops. 

In terms of ambition I'd say as much as Lansclown can afford (which is a lot) & staying within ffp rules. 

That's what any ambitious owner would surely be doing if they wanted promotion as they keep saying. Optimise your chances.

Of course you need competent people to spend the money & manage the footballing side & that's obviously another problem.

So yes arrogance & incompetence probably in equal measure or thereabouts 🤡

• Like 2

Just now, JAWS said:

I think it's a combination of both Pops. 

In terms of ambition I'd say as much as Lansclown can afford (which is a lot) & staying within ffp rules. 

That's what any ambitious owner would surely be doing if they wanted promotion as they keep saying. Optimise your chances.

Of course you need competent people to spend the money & manage the footballing side & that's obviously another problem.

So yes arrogance & incompetence probably in equal measure or thereabouts 🤡

Richard Gould & NP combo looked to have cracked it! If only they were still here 😪 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Agreed. They should have players calling those who don't renew; a personal touch would go a long, long way. 

They used to? 

Which I find myself saying a lot lately.

They used to have decent & well priced food and drink

The rewards scheme used to be good

The stewards used to know what they were doing 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

Joe Williams threatening a 2 footed tackle for non renewal is probably the best bet.

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Director.

Edited by TDarwall
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They used to? 

Which I find myself saying a lot lately.

They used to have decent & well priced food and drink

The rewards scheme used to be good

The stewards used to know what they were doing 

I'm not sure if they used to. 

5 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Joe Williams threatening a 2 footed tackle for non renewal is probably the best bet.

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Director.

It would have to be players and not the management team or hierarchy.

Imagine a marquee, statement signing and then him phoning up non-renewals. 

8 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Ah yes, the old “but interest rates were 15%” argument.

They were, but it was 15% on a much smaller sum relative to incomes. The table below shows the effective interest rate over the past few decades when taking that into consideration. What it means is that today’s interest rates are now a very similar financial burden on homeowners to that 15% peak. And that’s on top of the cost of living crisis.

I am not pretending for one second that all pensioners are rich. And indeed every generation faces its challenges. But nothing I have said “rewrites history”, and it remains undeniable that - overall - wealth distribution in the UK today is skewed towards older generations - which is why a broad-brush discount for OAPs is so outdated.

ACB7A9DD-2B33-47C8-9A79-CF115FB56DDD.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

This is also a good one.

IMG_8461.jpeg

Yep. I’m 40 now and feel fortunate that my wife and I were just about able to afford our first house back in 2007 - based on a joint income - and have just about managed to climb the ladder since. But it’s even worse now and just impossible for many young people today.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, DSTAF said:

It would have to be players and not the management team or hierarchy.

Imagine a marquee, statement signing and then him phoning up non-renewals. 

Second paragraph not ever going to happen unless they consider a League one player as a marquee signing.

45 minutes ago, TDarwall said:
45 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Not sure Liam is cut out for a career in telesales & the nuance of the payment plan would confuse the Technical Direct

“Hi there it’s Liam. Look I know the process of renewing season tickets is a bit cat and mouse and I understand the behaviour of not renewing but my phones been red hot with people telling me how we’ve been good for 19 of 20 games. I understand you may be following a process but three weeks ago everything was great and there’s only so much me I can do - i can’t do anything to change things once this call starts. But I’d like you to know that Pat Mountain did a great job setting up this call, and I think that’s the biggest bit. Hello? Hello?”

”Hi it’s Brian. THIRTY YEARS. SOUTHAMPTON!”

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 9
  • Robin 1