IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it clear disrespect or are they well, well out of touch? Isn't good either way of course..

Lack of ambition, a fair point but a fair question would be how much do you want spending, how exactly do we quantify the correct level of ambition in 2024-25?

I think disrespect and arrogance personally. They will know from this forum that the majority of fans don’t want Tinnion in his current role. They can’t be that out of touch. No need for Tinnion to be shown on the marketing- reckon Man City or Arsenal have Begiristain or Edu on theirs!? So bizarre and inflammatory. It’s a clear message - they don’t care what we think. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 2
  • Flames 3

3 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

I have just completed enough years (42) of National Insurance contributions to get a full state pension when/if  I reach 67.

If I continue to work, I will still pay National Insurance but it won't get me any more in my pension.

Not got a salary sacrifice pension scheme then? I won’t be paying national insurance again come next July - 55th birthday 😍😍

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep. I’m 40 now and feel fortunate that my wife and I were just about able to afford our first house back in 2007 - based on a joint income - and have just about managed to climb the ladder since. But it’s even worse now and just impossible for many young people today.

At the first look at those figures, it does look like those houses on the ‘90s where cheap, but that’s only half the picture isn’t it?  Interest rates have been low for a long time now, but even in the ‘90s were still pretty high.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that £50,000 house would have really cost nearer £150,000 when you factor in the high interest rate repaid on the mortgage.  Probably not much different to now in real terms.

I certainly sympathise with the young ones now, but in truth, we’ve already been there ourselves.  House buying has always been really painful and the biggest financial committment most of us will ever have in their lives.  I think it’s safe to say it’s really tough for anyone to do, regardless of when it was tbh.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

At the first look at those figures, it does look like those houses on the ‘90s where cheap, but that’s only half the picture isn’t it?  Interest rates have been low for a long time now, but even in the ‘90s were still pretty high.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that £50,000 house would have really cost nearer £150,000 when you factor in the high interest rate repaid on the mortgage.  Probably not much different to now in real terms.

I certainly sympathise with the young ones now, but in truth, we’ve already been there ourselves.  House buying has always been really painful and the biggest financial committment most of us will ever have in their lives.  I think it’s safe to say it’s really tough for anyone to do, regardless of when it was tbh.

“Probably not much different to now in real terms”. Good grief!

Quite incredible that you’re still trying to defend the idea that houses aren’t much more expensive now than they used to be.

Its already been explained to you that higher interest rates on a much lower value house are no more painful than today’s more modest rates on a much higher value house.

Using your example, anyone buying that £50k house today will have to pay closer to £200k for it. They will also have to pay a lot more than that after interest. And salaries haven’t kept up - nowhere near.

The cost of housing today is a million miles away from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

https://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/ukhpi/compare?print=true&from=1999-12-31&to=2019-04-16&location[]=W92000004&location[]=E92000001&st=all&in=avg

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 5

If I renew and then want to change my seat I can’t move into the SS unless I’m already sat there? Why not?

As a poor pensioner I need to seek out the best (cheapest) deals available across all facets of my expenditure, as do many low income families.

I can understand the club not wanting any more non adult tickets sold in the SS, and applaud the cheaper tickets and additional seats being made available for families in the Lansdown, but to deny existing ST holders from moving to the SS seems petty in the extreme.

I can only see large amounts of empty seats continuing to be the norm in the SS, unless the team suddenly become successful or for games against the more attractive opponents.

What the club should do is a) Ensure people at least sit in the correct stand, I have never been asked for my ST by a steward, so could easily sit in any available seat, and b) Determine which STs aren’t being used at all, revoke them, and make them available for purchase.

All of this is the culmination of the club trying to attract more families to the stadium, and that is to be applauded, but at what cost to other fan groups? Perhaps they should stop people taking their own food and drink into the stadium as well, that would boost income.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Further up I proposed a loyalty discount increasing each year. That would be one measure.

The fairest way would probably be a discount for those on government benefits, but I’m not sure if that could realistically be implemented. It’s the only real way to identify those who need the help, although some might argue it’s not a reasonable threshold.

Good suggestions and worth exploring,

There's always arguments for and against, but at least you've got a suggestion,

Thanks and I am being sincere not sarcastic

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The more you think about the SS not selling any more season tickets the more nuts it seems. You could have a group of mates all with STs and then another couple of their friends decide they like the atmosphere in there so want to come along - and we’re putting a stop to that? I get an overall cap on STs, I get (although may not agree) with the kids price increase but actively reducing the number of season tickets in the SS seems counter productive on so many levels.

Sounds like they have been listening to the people on here who have been complaining about the empty seats in the SS and who recommended that City:

- increase the price of the SS season ticket to discourage the non-users (tick - biggest price rise in SS).

- increase the child’s price to discourage the non-users or at least encourage them to move to the family stand (tick).

- make POTD more available in SS (tick - the above measures plus no new SS season tickets).

I also wonder whether the request from some fans to expand the standing section across more of the SS may also be having a bearing, i.e. if season tickets in the SS reduce, there are less people to move. 

So it feels to me that all of this is a product of the club listening to fan views. Of course, there are downsides to that (some people adversely impacted) and it is yet to be seen whether this will work to fill seats - I’m not sure it will given the new TV deal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Probably not much different to now in real terms”. Good grief!

Quite incredible that you’re still trying to defend the idea that houses aren’t much more expensive now than they used to be.

Its already been explained to you that higher interest rates on a much lower value house are no more painful than today’s more modest rates on a much higher value house.

Using your example, anyone buying that £50k house today will have to pay closer to £200k for it. They will also have to pay a lot more than that after interest. And salaries haven’t kept up - nowhere near.

The cost of housing today is a million miles away from the 70s, 80s and 90s.

https://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/ukhpi/compare?print=true&from=1999-12-31&to=2019-04-16&location[]=W92000004&location[]=E92000001&st=all&in=avg

Boomers will never understand

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Like 2

Defo gonna renew - not happy about the current set up, boring football, or direction the club is going in, but I talked it through with my kid (he is not happy with those things either) - but it is quality time me and him have before, sometimes during, and after the game - which neither of us want to lose. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 4

45 minutes ago, Marv Smyth said:

Defo gonna renew - not happy about the current set up, boring football, or direction the club is going in, but I talked it through with my kid (he is not happy with those things either) - but it is quality time me and him have before, sometimes during, and after the game - which neither of us want to lose. 

Just have quality time with him and skip the football. That's just trying to justify getting one 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Just have quality time with him and skip the football. That's just trying to justify getting one 

Yeah mate - we discussed that too - and came to the conclusion that we are both just suckers for punishment 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Just seen LJ in the Mall at Cribbs. Should I be bracing myself for his imminent return?

(Whether it’s LM or LJ, it Wouldn’t motivate me to renew my ST).

What food outlet was he bussing tables at?

4 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Just read that tickets to see Liam GallaghernotManning and John Squires scraping the barrell are £65 so a season ticket of £400 not so bad (gets one out of the house once a fortnight) ...

Liam Gallagher and John Squire you say…?

6 hours ago, Ben1980 said:

I think disrespect and arrogance personally. They will know from this forum that the majority of fans don’t want Tinnion in his current role. They can’t be that out of touch. No need for Tinnion to be shown on the marketing- reckon Man City or Arsenal have Begiristain or Edu on theirs!? So bizarre and inflammatory. It’s a clear message - they don’t care what we think. 

What the **** has tinnion ever done bar get the sack ok scored a goal in fa cup at Liverpool, how far back was that and before you answer NOT INTERESTED the guy has zero nous about football management and should be no where near first team 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

I have just completed enough years (42) of National Insurance contributions to get a full state pension when/if  I reach 67.

If I continue to work, I will still pay National Insurance but it won't get me any more in my pension.

My point is it’s really unlikely you will still be paying NI for 50 years.

You are of course right that you pay it even after 35 years (the threshold for a full pension at 67) but the majority of people simply don’t pay it for 50 years.

I’m sure people are now much more interested in season ticket pricing than whether they pay NI for 50 years!

I was seriously looking to get my first season ticket this season. I Finally got permission from the wife.

I work one in four weekends, every Wednesday night and every other Friday night also have a family commitments holidays etc so won’t be able to make every game.

Before the info came out I was hoping to get a season ticket in the South Stand as the price was affordable to me so I’m disappointed this is not going to be possible.

The cheapest season ticket for me now would be £485. Currently based on this seasons member prices for gold matches if I’ve done my maths right I would need to attend about 16 out of the 23 games to get my money back from the season ticket.

Think I’m going to stay as a member this season and see how many games I can attend and look again at a season ticket the following season. 

For those who are not renewing but still have a bit of love for City and want to watch games, can I suggest a subscription to a VPN and RobinsTV.  A lot cheaper than a season ticket and great value if more than one of you are watching.  You get to watch the away games too.  The only downside is that you have to listen to Downsy :)

23 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

Exactly what I'm doing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Good for you. Make sure you do it, a lot of people feign distain, but slap another 500 quid into Lamsdowns pocket when push comes to shove. 

The only thing these people care about is money, cut the cord. 👍

Yep also done it with sky sports comes to a point enough is enough. Hurts not renewing but as you say they couldn't care less it's just money and city means more than that.👍

• Like 2

On 13/03/2024 at 22:59, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

I went 6 years without a season ticket after my daughter was born. This season was my first one back. Been regretting since around November time and looking forward to not having one again next season.

The amount of games I’ve gone to this season cus I feel I have to rather than want to, purely because it’s already paid for, is unreal.

Would rather be £45 better off each month and spend it on the family, especially having the new born now.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Two more here that won't be renewing. The football is so boring under Manning and there is no chance of that changing, it would appear. Relegation scrap incoming, next season.

Will probably buy a half season ticket in November when he's sacked.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1