IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

51 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I said I plucked the numbers from the air . I didn’t  make up that there are an element of lazy people that want something for nothing . Just because you haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it’s not there. You obviously haven’t come across such people . You’re very lucky up there in your ivory tower 

Some people play the system for sure. I have family members on benefits cus they chose not to work. There is absolutely on reason why they couldn’t. 

It isn’t fair to paint everyone in the same way. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to know who are genuine and who are taking the rest of us for a ride.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes I do . I born & brought up on a council estate. Back then you were brought up to work hard for everything . That no longer seems to apply for many . I’m assuming you haven’t been around such people , lucky you . 

So it's just hyperbole.  That's what I thought but thanks for confirming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

The system needs to be more effective in sorting the wheat from the chaff . As I’ve written there are many people (there you are Chippenham red . didn’t put a specific number on it  so you’re not offended ) 

Some of it is ridiculous . My Mrs every year would get a letter from the benefits office asking why she doesn’t work . Every year she would show all the paper work showing her son being autistic . They would still insist on meeting him . although , bloke down the pub would get signed off for saying OW my leg hurts. I’m exaggerating a point to make a point . The system is too easy to exploit . 

Tory election strategists would be delighted with this post - unequivocal proof that ‘nudge theory’ works.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The data is the data and no one is trying to “convey” anything. It’s just data that speaks for itself.

That’s a matter of opinion and for me, it depends where the data came from and if there’s a vested interest in how that data is interpreted.   For instance, would you believe all the data put out by the government at the moment, as I sure as hell wouldn’t?!

Your experience in your “large network” does not trump that information - and it is frankly beyond ridiculous that you are still defending the notion that it is no harder to buy a home now than it was in the past.

That “large network” genuinely was a large network, as both my kids were heavily involved in a very large national youth association and are still in regular contact with many of those people, both locally and nationally.  

We differ in that you’re quoting me data, whilst I’m relating real life experiences and I’m sure both have their merits.

We’ve both made our points and it seems sensible to agree to differ.  

You could discuss this to death, but this is a football forum after all and I’m sure people would much rather be discussing football, rather than seeing us arguing the toss over the differences between buying a house 50 years ago and buying one now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pillred said:

If you are going to go for more than 5 games then membership is worth it as you save £5 a game and it's £25, plus you get 5% off purchases in the bar and outlets.

i wished i had in ljs cup run season. i went to all of the games prior to the man u game then couldnt get tickets to the big ones

• Admin
On 13/03/2024 at 21:02, The Bard said:

So, this season we've had 4 midweek home games, 2 bank holiday games leaving 17 weekend games left.

the Preston home game would have been streamed live which means we had 16 'standard' home games, 32 overall.

So, the Average games moved per team = 5x32/12= 13.333.

Each team is guaranteed 23 games apparently so the minimum moved is 9, maximum could be loads for the likes of Leeds etc.

Now, thinking about this season, we had 5 games moved for various reasons.

Leeds -Sky

Swansea- clash with Rovers/police

Cardiff - Police

Hull - commercial/ scheduling reasons

Norwich - clash with Rugby 

Now, I'm presuming Sky will be less precious about when games are played and which ones are chosen as it's 5 per week with 3 of these streamed rather than being in the TV.   I imagine that everyone of those 5  would have been covered under the new deal anyhow if the kick off had to be moved anyway.

Basically, my point is we are already messed about and in reality won't see too much of a difference.  

I missed this reply previously, very interesting to read and certainly means those concerned that this new TV deal will cause lots of changes to what they can attend 

Puts things into perspective that we're basically going to be no different 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Putting aside City specific, EFL are clearly relatively confident that it won't notably hit attendances. We'll see..

Screenshot_20240315-130143_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4569e7992df35da302406ffbeeebf1ce.jpg

Hopefully the above is correct but if it isn't, then the TV deal on the face of it, doesn't seem a great uplift set against the possible disruption.

The live match day experience has been pretty dire the past few months. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I missed this reply previously, very interesting to read and certainly means those concerned that this new TV deal will cause lots of changes to what they can attend 

I think we need to wait and see.  There’s also different inconvenience levels moving from Sat 3pm to 12:30 than from Sat 3pm to Mon 7:45.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i wished i had in ljs cup run season. i went to all of the games prior to the man u game then couldnt get tickets to the big ones

That's the chance you take, I used to be a season ticket holder for 35 years until my wife had health problems but I still get a membership as I can usually make some of the games plus as you found out there are suddenly a lot more "supporters" when we get a glamour tie, plus if ever we were to suddenly look like getting promoted having a membership would mean a good chance of being able to secure a season ticket for the following season, it's almost worth buying one for that reason alone. I for one wouldn't want to miss out as I have been waiting 44 years and counting for us to return, it's frightening when I say it like that.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think we need to wait and see.  There’s also different inconvenience levels moving from Sat 3pm to 12:30 than from Sat 3pm to Mon 7:45.

I agree. Let's see how inconvenient "inconvenient" turns out to be before judging either way.

I will take my chances next season but, clearly exaggerating to make a point, I wouldn't be overly happy with missing say three games due to 1am Tuesday Morning kick offs..........that "type of thing", before some absolute basket case quotes me word for word, would be the point at which I would say "take your pieces of silver and good luck with your club Steve" and bugger off to watch decent Non-League football (e.g. WSM). 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree. Let's see how inconvenient "inconvenient" turns out to be before judging either way.

I will take my chances next season but, clearly exaggerating to make a point, I wouldn't be overly happy with missing say three games due to 1am Tuesday Morning kick offs..........that "type of thing", before some absolute basket case quotes me word for word, would be the point at which I would say "take your pieces of silver and good luck with your club Steve" and bugger off to watch decent Non-League football (e.g. WSM). 

Yep, similar sentiments here.  I have an NBA Live pass. £69 for the season, can watch any game, whenever I like.  Celtics tip off at 1am, go to bed, switch “don’t show spoilers” on, wake up and watch the whole match, or just the brief highlights, or 10-minutes highlights, or home or away highlights, etc.

I’m not saying it’s going to be like that here, but…

I don’t think we are moving towards being that far away from the tipping point of value versus hassle for some fans.

I genuinely said to my mate (also ST holder) at the Swansea game that I wondered if there was a collective decision by large numbers of our ST holders to boycott the game to try and force JL to listen to the unrest.

Surely he needs to swallow his pride and admit that Manning just isn’t right or ready for the Championship yet and make a change 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

I genuinely said to my mate (also ST holder) at the Swansea game that I wondered if there was a collective decision by large numbers of our ST holders to boycott the game to try and force JL to listen to the unrest.

Surely he needs to swallow his pride and admit that Manning just isn’t right or ready for the Championship yet and make a change 

JL swallow his pride?

Not a chance

But the situation has become dire the football dire the atmosphere dire

Something needs to happen 

Was really jealous watching Carlos Corberán bouncing about with passion today 

That’s the type of man we need 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phantom said:

The new TV deal will make things very different I think to be honest, 

Up to 12 game that would have been played at 3pm on a Saturday if we had the same TV deal we do this year will be moved next season

4 will be moved to Friday, 4 will be moved to 1230 Saturday and up to 4 will be moved to 1730 on a Saturday 

So we could possibly only play at 3pm on a Saturday 5 times next season that's a massive change for a lot of people 

15 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

JL swallow his pride?

Not a chance

JL to swallow his pride…..no chance of that happening anytime soon…..

JL and BT knee-deep into the LM appointment which at this point, I don’t see ending well.

Can see us backing Manning in the summer but if this doesn’t go well/to plan, see us making another managerial change in October/November - round and round we go….

6 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

JL to swallow his pride…..no chance of that happening anytime soon…..

JL and BT knee-deep into the LM appointment which at this point, I don’t see ending well.

Can see us backing Manning in the summer but if this doesn’t go well/to plan, see us making another managerial change in October/November - round and round we go….

I think the ST renewal figures will shock them so much they'll be forced to take action, however red-faced it makes them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, winsaw said:

The new TV deal will make things very different I think to be honest, 

Up to 12 game that would have been played at 3pm on a Saturday if we had the same TV deal we do this year will be moved next season

4 will be moved to Friday, 4 will be moved to 1230 Saturday and up to 4 will be moved to 1730 on a Saturday 

So we could possibly only play at 3pm on a Saturday 5 times next season that's a massive change for a lot of people 

Do you mean home and away as we won’t have 12 home Saturday matches on TV (given our midweek and bank hol matches will be on TV so will go towards our share)?

8 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Spot on

The club/owners could be in for one big shock. 

All my mates ain’t renewing until there is change. 

I think it will be the only thing they’ll listen to or a thumping at home to Leicester and crowd reaction

I look at the players and I feel sorry for them. Have you noticed that no player does any post match media on the club channels when we lose anymore. The club clearly only want the corporate LM lines

39 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

JL swallow his pride?

Not a chance

I said pre-match I think Corberan is the best head-coach / manager in the Champ.  Nothing changed my mind on that today.

At high-level, he changed Bartley for the struggling Pieters at ht…not taking a risk that Pieters would mess-up and lose them their lead.

Then Swift for Diangana, all whilst Manning and Hogg consulted each other, and TGH looks like becoming a red card waiting to happen.

Corberan - decisive.

Manning - dithering.

Let alone the change he made to their build-up first half when they were struggling to play through us.

He dropped Yokuslu or Mowatt in between the CBs, pushed the CBs wide to make it 3v2 versus JK / TC…and it allowed Furlong to invert and he was the bloke finding the ball in space and driving at us in that last 15 mins of the first half.

8 minutes ago, eardun said:

Do you mean home and away as we won’t have 12 home Saturday matches on TV (given our midweek and bank hol matches will be on TV so will go towards our share)?

5 Championship fixtures every weekend will be moved for live coverage. If around 30 of our games are weekend fixtures and every side is chosen as often, it could be more like 12 or 13 games. If you're a more fashionable club or going for promotion then it's likely you won't see too many 3pm Saturday games so we got this going for us :laugh:,
So approx 8 home 3pm kick offs will be moving, half of them going to 12:30 on Sat and the other half a mix of 5:15 on Sat and some to Sunday, add to the proposal to move 4 to a Friday and we will not  be watching a lot of 3pm Saturday football next season , I think that well mean less people able to watch live 

Not renewing your ST is the ONLY protest they’ll take notice of.

Booing at FT, chanting about NP, or the odd hastily scrawled bedsheet is easily ignored.

I was open to giving LM a chance after the decent wins against Watford and Saints, despite some poor performances in between  and since, but it’s just so bad now. 

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think the ST renewal figures will shock them so much they'll be forced to take action, however red-faced it makes them.

If we somehow stumbled upon any form of success then they'll probably refuse to sell season tickets to those who gave theirs up. That's how petty the club have got now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

5 Championship fixtures every weekend will be moved for live coverage. If around 30 of our games are weekend fixtures and every side is chosen as often, it could be more like 12 or 13 games. If you're a more fashionable club or going for promotion then it's likely you won't see too many 3pm Saturday games so we got this going for us :laugh:,
So approx 8 home 3pm kick offs will be moving, half of them going to 12:30 on Sat and the other half a mix of 5:15 on Sat and some to Sunday, add to the proposal to move 4 to a Friday and we will not  be watching a lot of 3pm Saturday football next season , I think that well mean less people able to watch live 

Yes I expect 6-8. Of course we’ve had a few moved this season too. 

On 15/03/2024 at 12:31, exAtyeoMax said:

The club really should address how KO times will be affected by the TV deal. I know someone has already broached the subject with Jerry but the club should make an announcement before people start purchasing 

On top of those proposed, could other be moved due to Bears or police requests?

Maybe the club could make a deal with those fans with concerns over the new scheduling.

How about if a game is moved from Saturday 3 o’clock, you’ll be offered 4/5 times a season the chance to sell your ticket back to the club?

• Like 2