IGNORED

Now’s the time.

1 minute ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

All but mathematical safety confirmed. 
Now is the time to act, get rid of Manning, utilise King/others to see us through the season and then get ready to make a managerial announcement ready for next season. 

We can (high majority) all see that Liam Manning isn’t the man for this job. 

if only the technical director had any ounce of credibility about himself 

It's beyond time that the 'technical director' and the owners went.

But that won't happen either.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Now is the time to act, get rid of Manning, utilise King/others to see us through the season and then get ready to make a managerial announcement ready for next season. 

Manning isn’t the man fair enough. But why put someone else who isn’t the man in charge instead? What’s the point?

Manning is here to stay for now….think he will be well-backed in the summer in terms of budget (decent creative midfielder and striker ain’t gonna be cheap)

Will be given the summer and first 10 game of next season, I reckon.

Edited by Loosey Boy
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Manning isn’t the man fair enough. But why put someone else who isn’t the man in charge instead? What’s the point?

Because Manning is more 'not the man' than other 'not the men' might be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Making us safe will see his job safe. He'll buy a load of players over summer turning us into a poundland Man City, then blame those players when they don't make us play like actual Man City.

He'll be sacked in November, and we'll move onto the next head coach who dares not question the regime. Ad infinitum. 

• Like 17

Sacking Manning now would mean they would have to admit they have got it horribly wrong. Their egos certainly won’t allow it.

However, when he does eventually go , they all need to follow. Every single last one of them. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Manning is here to stay for now….think he will be well-backed in the summer in terms of budget (decent creative midfielder and striker ain’t gonna be cheap)

Exactly this 

The only way Mannkmg leaves before next season is if Lansdown manages to sell the club. Otherwise we are lumbered with the mood hoover until at least November, because Lansdown never wants to be seen as hasty when changing managers. There is an international break from the 11-19 November next season. I can see that being the point at which he goes if current form and performances continue next season 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Patience dear boy- his departure can be your Christmas present....

However, if the structure remains the same with Tinnion in his current role, I really do wonder at the point of any of it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Brilliant! So he can piss up against the wall the "nest egg" provided by the previous, much better football man than Manning will ever be!

Apparently he was Tinnions choice so they should both be sacked together.... now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Agree apart from being 'well-backed'. He'll be able to sign players from poundland or talented sicknotes

12 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Agree apart from being 'well-backed'. He'll be able to sign players from poundland or talented sicknotes

You think.

I expect him to get a little more to spend than Pearson did last summer & if Conway leaves, quite a bit more.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You think.

I expect him to get a little more to spend than Pearson did last summer & if Conway leaves, quite a bit more.

He will get a significant amount more. 

They want to keep him, despite results. 

That's the difference. 

I hate them. And I am not one to use that word lightly.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

There is something (and potentially nothing) that was notable in Liams pre match presser. The number of times he said “Brian”.

Those of us who have worked in office environments know in meetings that staff under pressure tend to reference their superiors a lot. It’s a way of tying their fortunes to their bosses, and trying to spread the blame/ make it more difficult to them to be dismissed.

I’m not saying he will be sacked. But the “tells” in interviews mean I wouldn’t rule it out, irrespective of today’s result. Steve L also being in attendance at a half empty AG won’t also have helped his case.

The bottom line is that if Tinnion sacks him this season he can retain some credibility (wye aye, we saw it wasn’t working and wanted to act quickly) but a sacking in October finishes him as well.

I think for all those reasons it may be closer than you think and beatings by both WBA and Leicester may well lead to the trigger being pulled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

That's the difference. 

I feel the same. Absolutely clueless on 1st team matters are the people who run our beloved club.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

There is something (and potentially nothing) that was notable in Liams pre match presser. The number of times he said “Brian”.

Those of us who have worked in office environments know in meetings that staff under pressure tend to reference their superiors a lot. It’s a way of tying their fortunes to their bosses, and trying to spread the blame/ make it more difficult to them to be dismissed.

I’m not saying he will be sacked. But the “tells” in interviews mean I wouldn’t rule it out, irrespective of today’s result. Steve L also being in attendance at a half empty AG won’t also have helped his case.

The bottom line is that if Tinnion sacks him this season he can retain some credibility (wye aye, we saw it wasn’t working and wanted to act quickly) but a sacking in October finishes him as well.

I think for all those reasons it may be closer than you think and beatings by both WBA and Leicester may well lead to the trigger being pulled.

In that case, I hope it's October.

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Agree & to me the inclusion of a clearly unfit Twine was an indication of a man under pressure.

If we’d gone behind I’m sure he’d have gambled on him to create something.

Think today bought him a little time but you’d have to be pretty oblivious not to see the direction we’re going in.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Totally agree . We can’t run the risk of us winning 2 or 3 “dead runners” over the next month or so and him being allowed the reins for next season . His football will see us all but relegated by Christmas . Not felt so strongly that a manager was “the wrong fit” in the 46 years I’ve been supporting City . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

One things for sure, whatever needs to be done to keep Sid in gainful employment will be done by Sid.

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Agree entirely - surprised how many people presume he’s now safe after that 1 win.

For me there is still debt to his name, one win has paid some of his overdraft, but he’s far from the black.

Didn’t see much of the game today, but have read it wasn’t great and I saw the empty seats you talk of..money talks…

2 loses in the next two with similar showings up to now and as you say he’ll be in big danger of going.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I doubt Tinnion has the balls to sack him this season. But he can probably squirm a scenario whereby he sacks him in October and possibly still keep his job.

54 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

We can only hope 🫰🫰

33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Totally agree . We can’t run the risk of us winning 2 or 3 “dead runners” over the next month or so and him being allowed the reins for next season . His football will see us all but relegated by Christmas . Not felt so strongly that a manager was “the wrong fit” in the 46 years I’ve been supporting City . 

I don’t think we’ll be all but relegated by Christmas with manning in charge. Assume you’re over exaggerating. Do t see us higher than mid table but most likely around that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Spooky that Tinnion came out and did an interview last week and SL shows up today. Vote of confidence ? Or here to pave the way for sacking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

That's the difference. 

I don't think he will get a significant amount. Those days are gone with lansclown after he had his fingers burnt under LJ's tenure.

His model has been pretty consistent in trying to get value. They view players as commodities above all else.

8 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

I don’t think we’ll be all but relegated by Christmas with manning in charge. Assume you’re over exaggerating. Do t see us higher than mid table but most likely around that

If the rumours are true that all of the experienced players are off in the summer then who’s in control/policing the dressing room. King, James, wiemann, wells have built a strong culture . It looks like that’s being slowly eradicated. If we end up with the culture we had when Pearson first came in then we’re in big trouble . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1