IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

Just now, 38MC said:

Innit mate. We shouldn’t have brought Alex Scott through so fast and we could have won that 

If someone of that level was in the under 18s now id wager he might have made our first team squad. I assume you dont want us to win the youth cup either.

11 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I am not even sure where you start with an interview like that, but I have a good idea of where you end.

There is a very evident, and growing divide between the club and the fanbase. Any possibility of success will be driven by a unity of purpose and belief. But here we are with a club led by people who continually lie, and also seemingly have confused politics with sport. The lobbying, random posing on forums, offline briefing of local media and interviews like this demonstrate that they think you can detach the evidence and underlying mood with empty words. As if by saying something continually, it will become true, despite all of the evidence pointing in a different direction.

The club has created one of the most astonishing masterclasses in self-destruction. They have indeed lost the fan base, primarily because of the lack of transparency and continued lies. That destroys trust. But worse than that, there is no real anger. It is even more catastrophic, apathy prevails. The reason for that is possibly because people know there is nothing that can be done. The club is priced out of new ownership, and as such, we are currently hostages to the owner's whim. This is a real shame, because the owner most certainly would want what any fan would want, but over 2 decades the continued lack of any semblance of a strategy, changes in direction, and continued reluctance to employ competent people means we are now looking at regression. 

So here we are, we now have to watch the soap opera of Tinnion, Manning and Jon L play out until the cost of relegation becomes a real reality again. But we have been here on so many occasions.

The club is crying out for high quality professional leadership. It is now getting embarrassing for the owner. 

So true.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I am not even sure where you start with an interview like that, but I have a good idea of where you end.

There is a very evident, and growing divide between the club and the fanbase. Any possibility of success will be driven by a unity of purpose and belief. But here we are with a club led by people who continually lie, and also seemingly have confused politics with sport. The lobbying, random posing on forums, offline briefing of local media and interviews like this demonstrate that they think you can detach the evidence and underlying mood with empty words. As if by saying something continually, it will become true, despite all of the evidence pointing in a different direction.

The club has created one of the most astonishing masterclasses in self-destruction. They have indeed lost the fan base, primarily because of the lack of transparency and continued lies. That destroys trust. But worse than that, there is no real anger. It is even more catastrophic, apathy prevails. The reason for that is possibly because people know there is nothing that can be done. The club is priced out of new ownership, and as such, we are currently hostages to the owner's whim. This is a real shame, because the owner most certainly would want what any fan would want, but over 2 decades the continued lack of any semblance of a strategy, changes in direction, and continued reluctance to employ competent people means we are now looking at regression. 

So here we are, we now have to watch the soap opera of Tinnion, Manning and Jon L play out until the cost of relegation becomes a real reality again. But we have been here on so many occasions.

The club is crying out for high quality professional leadership. It is now getting embarrassing for the owner. 

Superb post 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🔥🔥🔥

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

The most humiliating part of BT and any time he does these interviews….. is he seems to forget that they can always be referenced in the future. 

He sets himself up for such a fall. 

see you when we’re in the prem! 

He and I will both be dead by then. 

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

If someone of that level was in the under 18s now id wager he might have made our first team squad. I assume you dont want us to win the youth cup either.

The last four of the FA Youth Cup are Millwall, Leeds, Us and Man City. Better (category one) academy sides have gone out - notably Man U to category 3 Swindon - because those academies prioritise development of their players over a bauble. However, in the past players in the U18s of youth cup finalists have been excellent players - Saka, Reece James, Cole Palmer etc 

This says two things:

- Players in youth cup semis/finals have been good enough to play at a higher level than us if given the chance

- However, teams will generally put the development of the player above the trophy win

So, you’re likely to be wrong on both counts. And that doesn’t mean people don’t want us to win the FA Youth Cup. But it does mean it’s reasonable to question if it’s really the most important thing for the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hello Dave said:

And there’s the problem! All the teams are similarly coached, so negate each other. The games got boring with every team trying to play out from the back/ false 9s , etc. What would happen if we played 442, with big bloke/ little bloke up front, and got the ball forward quicker? I’m pretty sure it would be more entertaining and more goalmouth action!

At the end of the day, the whole point of the game has been the same for 160 years. To score more goals than the other team! Does it really matter how you do it?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Hello Dave said:

The same coaches that get defenders to play out from the back, are the same coaches that get the forwards to press to stop the passing out!! So try something different, that’s what a good coach would do!

Dave - you just made my evening, thank you.

Two simple (not in a bad way) but brilliant posts. Ledge!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It saddens me to hear talk of giving Manning money in the summer, but what is even more depressing is that it'll be for "one or two" signings ...

There's absolutely no way in living hell Manning has the talent to turn this squad into a top6 outfit with only 2 signings.

That's not going to get bums on seats is it Brian ... IS IT BRIAN. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

The last four of the FA Youth Cup are Millwall, Leeds, Us and Man City. Better (category one) academy sides have gone out - notably Man U to category 3 Swindon - because those academies prioritise development of their players over a bauble. However, in the past players in the U18s of youth cup finalists have been excellent players - Saka, Reece James, Cole Palmer etc 

This says two things:

- Players in youth cup semis/finals have been good enough to play at a higher level than us if given the chance

- However, teams will generally put the development of the player above the trophy win

So, you’re likely to be wrong on both counts. And that doesn’t mean people don’t want us to win the FA Youth Cup. But it does mean it’s reasonable to question if it’s really the most important thing for the club.

Maybe winning the youth cup would contribute to the development of the players, and would enhance our ability to bring in top young players in the future. Of all the things to criticise the club for. is this really one of them?!

• Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just listened to the start again.

"Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good run in the u-18 youth Cup this season"

So, as a result, Brian explained:

1) It's part of the reason why we can't fill a full bench for the first team; and

2) U-18s are deliberately being held back from progressing into the u-21s so that we can do well in the youth Cup.

So we are sabotaging the first team, u-21s and development of u-18s because on a whim Steve and Jon decided they wanted a good cup run for the u-18s?

I think this is up there with one of the most absurd things I've ever heard come out of the club. 

You got there Kid…🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Malago said:

Not quite the car crash that was Prince Andrew on Newsnight, but not great.  At least he fronted up which his more than you can say for Steve Lansdown and his offspring.

In fairness he’s one that will generally speak out, even if it’s not always right to say what he does.

SL - Jon sort this mess out

JL - Brian sort this mess out

Listening to this and yes I'll listen back, in more depth at leisure, that notwithstanding this, the hierarchy, the change- the sense of drift, the loss of unity off the pitch, cohesiveness on it.

I feel disengaged. Indifferent, losing the passion somewhat. Ironically I am still posting on here.

I dunno why but I get the feeling that far from building on a  solid base, there will he at least a partial ripping it up and or going in a new and 'exciting' direction..let's hope not eh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

I think the lie about McKenna struggling at Ipswich to start with is what annoyed me the most out of this interview.

I had to look that up immediately and of course it's not even close to being true, and yet is said with such conviction. Same with almost everything else said

The delusion and lies all swirl together into half an hour of nonsense

Close to being done with this club

• Like 10

4 hours ago, The Coach said:

My overall view in a short condensed version based upon that. 

Manning is going absolutely nowhere. Club has no ambition or desire to push on. Happy to just be a part of the championship.

And thats why me and many others wont be renewing our season tickets next year. This club has no ambition.

• Like 1

Tinnion talks around the fans liking what he had seen before QPR! Really? I don’t think so, some poor performances like Millwall at home at Christmas. So how much flexibility do we need to give Manning! Worries me that we are investing summer funds into this setup. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This says two things:

The FA youth Cup is hardly a bauble.  Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool are all multiple winners.

It would be a huge coup for the club to get to the final, unlikely as it is.

Look at the quality of the goals in the 2nd leg of last year’s final 

1 hour ago, RollsRoyce said:

Brilliant post 

Q: Whats Plan B?

A: Scott Twine

Q: How do you want to play

A: Well when we beat Southampton....

Add the rubbish about:

'not spending money'

'I'm working very hard'

'We beat Watford & Southampton'

'Liam is learning as he goes'

'I've been here 30 years'

Totally out of his depth - panicked irrational interview - divulging transfer fees - fellating SL & JL - praising recruitment

Brian, piss off out of the club.

Now.

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

He was very agitated at some of the questions wasn’t he?

He is in a very senior role - he should be expressing his opinion in a calm asserted manner not gibbering. Promoted way above his ability.

A voice expert would have a field day with that interview

As an audio expert creating professional podcasts I did

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s created a bigger “them and us” with that interview.

TD - Technical Director or Tact and Diplomacy 

TD = Totally Deluded 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Maybe winning the youth cup would contribute to the development of the players, and would enhance our ability to bring in top young players in the future. Of all the things to criticise the club for. is this really one of them?!

Having not listened and taking what has been summarised on here, it sounds like young players have been held back/not been given the opportunity with the first team based on the youth cup.

If you think keeping Alex Scott in the U18’s 2/3 years ago would have been better for his development rather than being introduced to the first team, I have no words for you.

• Like 7