IGNORED

Shifting seats

glastored

I’ve had a season ticket for several years in E32 in the Dolman Stand. As I’m now of pension age, and poorer in pocket, I’m considering moving my seat into a cheaper area, and I’m thinking of shifting to E29 instead. 
When I look across to that section it looks to me to be where fans stand up during a game. Am I wrong? I hope so, because at sixty-nine years of age my legs won’t cope with that! Please advise…

• Like 1

Yeah to be fair I can’t see anyone really standing up much in the remaining games of the season!

Phantoms suggestion seems a good one, with the serious caveat that with likely depressed attendances (and depressed attendees) it might not be reflective of what you’ll get when we turn the corner.

Edit: I’m in E30. No real standing there and I don’t see much in E29 from where I sit

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah to be fair I can’t see anyone really standing up much in the remaining games of the season!

Phantoms suggestion seems a good one, with the serious caveat that with likely depressed attendances (and depressed attendees) it might not be reflective of what you’ll get when we turn the corner.

Edit: I’m in E30. No real standing there and I don’t see much in E29 from where I sit

What about last 20 mins when Dolman empties?

E34 tends to be where the unofficial 2nd Standing Area moved to.

The top couple of rows perse people tend to stand so it depends how high up you want to go.

One thing I have noticed is that on most if not all of the Dolman blocks, most stand around the vomitoriss owards the end of the game...neither exiting or seated, they stand there half leaving yet watching. Again seems to vary by area, 85 mins onwards it isn't uncommon.

I am a ST holder in E29. There isn’t an issue with persistent standing so you should be ok for the most part. As people empty out for their half time pint, those closest to the aisles will be obstructed, so perhaps a middle of the row seat will suit you better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I am a ST holder in E29. There isn’t an issue with persistent standing so you should be ok for the most part. As people empty out for their half time pint, those closest to the aisles will be obstructed, so perhaps a middle of the row seat will suit you better. 

Remember sitting in the middle of a row will add 30 minutes to exiting at full time whistle.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I’m aiming for about halfway down, between rows 20 & 29. At the moment I’m up near the top of E32, and find the climb a bit much these days!

15 hours ago, glastored said:

I’m aiming for about halfway down, between rows 20 & 29. At the moment I’m up near the top of E32, and find the climb a bit much these days!

I’m in row 20…moved up from a few rows lower on account of an absolute clown whose language I could tolerate no longer! It’s a decent view from there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Remember sitting in the middle of a row will add 30 minutes to exiting at full time whistle.

I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. I think, irrespective of where you’re sat in the row, if you stay to the end then you’re going to be behind those who’ve already left their seats. 

52 minutes ago, Hartleysbeard said:

I think that’s a bit of an exaggeration. I think, irrespective of where you’re sat in the row, if you stay to the end then you’re going to be behind those who’ve already left their seats. 

Your behind everyone sat in front of you so the lower the row number the quicker you will get out. Dolman stand is notoriously slow to exit. 30 odd years have taught me that and I have an end seat!