IGNORED

Brian Tinnion or Ian Downs

Downsy is kind of annoying I guess but tbh I just tune him out, and I do that for basically all the stadium announcers and mute the half time chat on RobinsTV.

I don't really understand why people get so worked up about him, he has zero effect on my enjoyment of the game.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Downsy is kind of annoying I guess but tbh I just tune him out, and I do that for basically all the stadium announcers and mute the half time chat on RobinsTV.

I don't really understand why people get so worked up about him, he has zero effect on my enjoyment of the game.

Oh you’ve never had to endure Dancing Simba Cam at the rugby then! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

You enjoy watching City currently?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

What kind of 'supporter' are you trying to project yourself as?

Total *** who gives OTiB a bad name. I trust kids stuff like this gets moved off the forum?

The fans are angry. Patience is snapping or fraying anyway.

Downsy hasn't been terribly popular for some time, neither are the hierarchy perse IMO.

Some of the childish stuff is questionable but tensions and passions are running high.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

I disagree. There is a real anti feeling about football in general, with the obscene amounts of money spent and wasted at all top levels (FIFA, Uefa, Saudi P.L) which i suspect we can all understand.

At a local level there is a realization we are unlikely to go up (FFP, Parachute etc etc) in the next 10 years although there will generally be one club per season that does break the rule. There is very little chance we will go down as other clubs are badly run, have poorer squads, will get points deducted etc.

As a Watford fan friend said to me; we had better get used to playing each other for the next decade and watching bigger clubs go below us and smallest clubs (Luton) temporarily go above us.

I cannot see why people want to take the p*** out of our club when our supporters have so much ammo to do the same with our rivals. Maybe its because the gas are no longer rivals.

Anyway, i for one have a huge amount of gratitude for the owners, love the stuff Tinns does for the club, especially bringing on academy players so our club can sell and survive. Until we know of a better potential buyer the critics of the Lansdowns should belt up, get behind the club and go to the games, like many of my mates do.

I fully appreciate you and others dont see it the way i do but that is fine. What isnt fine is to take the p*** out of our club, on a BCFC forum just to attract attention to yourself

• Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, Cole Not Gas said:

I disagree. There is a real anti feeling about football in general, with the obscene amounts of money spent and wasted at all top levels (FIFA, Uefa, Saudi P.L) which i suspect we can all understand.

At a local level there is a realization we are unlikely to go up (FFP, Parachute etc etc) in the next 10 years although there will generally be one club per season that does break the rule. There is very little chance we will go down as other clubs are badly run, have poorer squads, will get points deducted etc.

As a Watford fan friend said to me; we had better get used to playing each other for the next decade and watching bigger clubs go below us and smallest clubs (Luton) temporarily go above us.

I cannot see why people want to take the p*** out of our club when our supporters have so much ammo to do the same with our rivals. Maybe its because the gas are no longer rivals.

Anyway, i for one have a huge amount of gratitude for the owners, love the stuff Tinns does for the club, especially bringing on academy players so our club can sell and survive. Until we know of a better potential buyer the critics of the Lansdowns should belt up, get behind the club and go to the games, like many of my mates do.

I fully appreciate you and others dont see it the way i do but that is fine. What isnt fine is to take the p*** out of our club, on a BCFC forum just to attract attention to yourself

Jeeez...do you not think everyone on here wants our club to do better?

It's called Constructive criticism.

Fans voicing their opinions on how they see there club being run. 

We all support the team. 

We all want the best.

Fans point out the BS and constant mistakes.

They are praise when seen fit. 

Your view is reflected by those in charge...as in ' shut up you Muppets, be grateful, I've built a stadium and HPC, put my son in charge with no experience, and put a Technical Director in place, who's learning on the job, but as he's been here 30 years, so **** it, might as well give it to him, even though he has no experience. Don't worry about all the decent CEOs who've left...nothing to see here...and we will be Maverick in our approach, because we believe we know best, so we'll employ another young coach who can learn on the job, just ignore we said we wanted promotion this season...anyway, as you were, be grateful...'🙈🙉🙊

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Flames 2

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

Your view is reflected by those in charge...as in ' shut up you Muppets, be grateful, I've built a stadium and HPC, put my son in charge with no experience, and put a Technical Director in place, who's learning on the job, but as he's been here 30 years, so **** it, might as well give it to him, even though he has no experience. Don't worry about all the decent CEOs who've left...nothing to see here...and we will be Maverick in our approach, because we believe we know best, so we'll employ another young coach who can learn on the job, just ignore we said we wanted promotion this season...anyway, as you were, be grateful...'🙈🙉🙊

and many in the media. 

1 hour ago, Cole Not Gas said:

What a good little customer.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Especially if you sit in the Dolman as you rarely hear a word that’s said anyway..

2 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Some sound points about the wider game certainly. 

Effectively parking ambition for the next decade though?? Can't believe what I am reading.

If we have the solid base and there is little chance we will (in your view) drop surely we have to build on it, squeeze marginal gains where possible, show ambition but not recklessness.

You say in one breath that there are clubs who may break through, yet in another that we should look forward to playing Watford for the next decade ie should effectively park ambition May as well have kept NP if that was the case..

Tinnion and the Academy fine. Well out of his depth in current position.

SL especially has done some good things...he has also done some negative things, his rambling to BBC GUERNSEY post the Scott sale followed by NP getting sacked and then the hierarchy spinning, flailing around last November.

"Fans should belt up" again Whaaat??

You raise some solid points about the wider issues in the game but some of the City specific stuff..is unbelievable with respect.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pip King said:

Downsy does have at least a decade of broadcast experience... Less said about Tinman the better

I mean experience is important of course but he doesn't exactly enhance the Matchday experience.

Doesn't do damage like Tinnion and some of his actions and statements but neither are fit for purpose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

Other fans can choose whatever the hell they want to do with their time. If they don't want to spend money to watch mediocrity on the pitch and feel they aren't being entertained they can take their attention elsewhere.

I find it a chore watching us, and have over the last few months started thinking about what else I could do with that spare time on a Saturday afternoon and it seems far more appealing than going to Ashton Gate. 

A lot of fans travel a long way to come and watch us and don't just live around the corner from AG as well, I guess they better belt up and continue going, spend a fortune of fuel, public transport and also parking just to watch absolute mediocrity. 

Your support is just pure blind tribalism and the club are not immune to criticism from its fans.

• Like 6