IGNORED

Our Players are scared!

REDOXO

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Mr Manning and Mr Tinnion! Produce a  team that’s not freighted!…….of YOU!!!

They keep shipping goals.

The delivery into the box is terrible.

They're all at sea.

We are too easy to contain.

We are not the complete package.

• Haha 13
  • Flames 1

It seems fairly obvious to me but I suspect that the whole club has no idea how to ‘manage’. The job of a proper football manager is to get the best out of the players, build their confidence, play a system which suits how they like to play, know when they need an arm round the shoulder and when they need a flare up the backside. It’s pretty clear the board did not know how to manage Pearson (or come to that Johnson or Cotts before him). We now have a playing management structure where no one seems to know how to manage the players. There are a significant number of individual players where we saw real progress over the last couple of seasons, Vyner, Pring, O’Leary, Scott etc. I have not seen much progress in the players over the last few months. In fact I think a number have gone backwards. That not only has short term implications on the pitch but longer term on our ability to raise money through player sales and improve the club. All very depressing but a reflection of the current state of Bristol City FC.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Mr Manning and Mr Tinnion! Produce a  team that’s not freighted!…….of YOU!!!

Nearly all the squad have either been there done that, or would have plenty of suitors elsewhere.

I very much doubt anyone gives a shit about either of them, and plenty are possibly discussing exit strategies with agents right now.

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Nearly all the squad have either been there done that, or would have plenty of suitors elsewhere.

I very much doubt anyone gives a shit about either of them, and plenty are possibly discussing exit strategies with agents right now.

I would confidently predict that there isn't one player in that squad who is "frightened" of Manning and certainly not Tinnion. If there is they need to go and join somebody else's squad.

3 hours ago, Capman said:

It seems fairly obvious to me but I suspect that the whole club has no idea how to ‘manage’. The job of a proper football manager is to get the best out of the players, build their confidence, play a system which suits how they like to play, know when they need an arm round the shoulder and when they need a flare up the backside. It’s pretty clear the board did not know how to manage Pearson (or come to that Johnson or Cotts before him). We now have a playing management structure where no one seems to know how to manage the players. There are a significant number of individual players where we saw real progress over the last couple of seasons, Vyner, Pring, O’Leary, Scott etc. I have not seen much progress in the players over the last few months. In fact I think a number have gone backwards. That not only has short term implications on the pitch but longer term on our ability to raise money through player sales and improve the club. All very depressing but a reflection of the current state of Bristol City FC.

This is it. Our head coach doesn’t strike me as a people manager or a leader in any meaningful way. No emotional intelligence comes across in his interviews - either towards his players or us supporters. 

• Like 1

They are scared to attack, they are scared to move the ball forward, they are scared to lose the ball, they are scared to try something different! 

They are not scared to pass the ball sideways and backwards and they are definitely not scared of empty seats and stay at home supporters. 

• Like 1

I posted on the match day thread, that some players were hiding on the pitch, if they are worried, I suspect it is more about getting it wrong and the moans and groans that come from the stands, its easy as supporters to blame everyone else without looking at our own impact

• Like 1