IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

3 minutes ago, Jimmo said:

"We didn't lose today because of tactics, players need to step up"... I'm done with this guy. How about you step up for once and lead by example. 

The blokes a prize prat so is John lansdown and so is Brian tinion and Steve isn't interested they all MUST go and if people can't see that then there mad stop playing it safe why does new ownership always mean a bad thing ? We need a change to go forward.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

The inside of Lansdown's ass.

Just now, Barrs Court Red said:

A future job opportunity in Pyongyang Bristol Sport media 

I have wondered that! Its like he’s interviewing! 

He is not wrong in someways that it’s easy to say the majority shareholder and his offspring should go, but something has to change!

We are awful and we get a radio broadcaster making excuses for the manager and club on the air followed by that call in. Tomorrow I’m sure everyone on FBC will tell it like it is!

Just now, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes tend to agree . The whole slide from Div .1 to Div.4 was pretty in inspiring and bottom of Div. 4 a horrid low point. But this seems so self made by the owners and dynamic duo's managerial choices. How long does SL let crayon boy and BT run the show without input ?

Thats just it though SL makes the final decision, he is the common denominator in the last 20 odd years of continued failure he cant help himself, enough is enough!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Lansdown is now running it on a shoestring budget (by football standards) while showing no signs of getting out…. How many years has he talked about it? 

If he is asking for too much then it is drift and stalemate isn't it.

Sadly.

FFP has been a significant issue, £50m in pre tax losses across 2021-22 and 2022-23 despite and including the Semenyo sale doesn't help.

However 2 or 3 more in August shouldn't have been beyond us 

Matt Withers.  ‘Go and support Reading’. Which Reading is that Matt? The one that was in the Prem for a good while.  The one that won the Championship with a record amount of points? All the while we’ve been absolutely stale.
And then he dares to question fans thoughts and actions as well?  Pyongyang indeed……..delusional.  

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If you’ve been supporting since 1971, you will have seen a lot worse than this season.

I have, on both counts, but there's a cumulative effect from numerous past boardroom cock-ups and for many yet another kick in the goolies with the sacking of NP to be replaced by LM feels like the final passion killing straw.

As things stand that's exactly how I feel tonight.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

What did he say? 

‘Another shambles.  Club is rotten to the core. Wouldn’t trust Lansdown to run a suburban league team. Happy clappers wanting to give Manning the summer are clueless……’

• Flames 1
17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m a bit tired of being told “things have been worse” as a defence of our perpetual averageness.

Things have also been a lot worse for Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Burnley, Ipswich and Coventry.

It’s so dull supporting us.

Yep, it really is. I often find myself nodding along to your posts and this one is no different.

I absolutely love this football club but I was chatting to some mates the other day and saying how utterly pointless we must look to fans of other clubs. We’ll most likely stay up this season and finish somewhere towards bottom of the middle third of the league for the umpteenth year in a row. We achieve nothing tangible at this level and, eventually, we have a dreadful season and end up in division 3 having to rebuild again. It feels like that’s exactly what is going to happen now. I’ve been supporting for 41 years and it’s always been the same.

Yes, it has been worse. And yes, there are way worse owners out there than the ones we currently have. But it could also be so, so much better and it’s so depressing to see us falling into this doom spiral yet again with nobody at the club who will a clue how to run the club to change things for the better.

Heavy sigh. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 6
9 minutes ago, Lakeside Red said:

Mangers are sacked on results good bye manning 👋🏻

Not at this club , took years after 8 straight losses to rid ourselves of Johnson, took about 6 to get rid of Holden.

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Benneythered said:

God this is depressing, time to have a break and watch some Southgate ball

The FA Coaching Manual has a lot to answer for.

Without emotion the game is nothing. Artists, not Robots.

• Like 2

Manning is gutless.  Take some ‘ing responsibility man.  Every week it’s the same crap.  ‘No belief’?  I wonder why. ‘No quality’? I wonder why. ‘Lack of response to going behind’? I wonder why.  It’s you Manning. ‘Not lost the game because of your tactics’? Well guess what, we have and they are your tactics Manning.  And your ‘plan and pattern’ are complete and utter shite judging by what we have seen.  

When are we going to hear him say I got it wrong? He’d get a modicum of respect if he did but he just cannot do it.  It’s a pathetic trait for a ‘leader’. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 6