IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

Just now, lenred said:

Manning is gutless.  Take some ‘ing responsibility man.  Every week it’s the same crap.  ‘No belief’?  I wonder why. ‘No quality’? I wonder why. ‘Lack of response to going behind’? I wonder why.  It’s you Manning. ‘Not lost the game because of your tactics’? Well guess what, we have and they are your tactics Manning.  And your ‘plan and pattern’ are complete and utter shite judging by what we have seen.  

When are we going to hear him say I got it wrong? He’d get a modicum of respect if he did but he just cannot do it.  It’s a pathetic trait for a ‘leader’. 

That's why people liked Pearson he rarely blamed the players, when he did criticise them it was constructive and generally saw an improvement (pring)

He didn't treat us for fools when it was bad,

• Like 7
  • Flames 7
40 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Warnock is available and I’d bite your hand off for a bit of the controversy, excitement and intrigue that would bring. I’m so bored of this club right now. A boring manager isn’t helping.

Wanted him for years. Just what we need. 

People always go on about his negative football because he isn't tippy tappy, we got that now and it's boring as! 

• Flames 1
7 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Yep, it really is. I often find myself nodding along to your posts and this one is no different.

I absolutely love this football club but I was chatting to some mates the other day and saying how utterly pointless we must look to fans of other clubs. We’ll most likely stay up this season and finish somewhere towards bottom of the middle third of the league for the umpteenth year in a row. We achieve nothing tangible at this level and, eventually, we have a dreadful season and end up in division 3 having to rebuild again. It feels like that’s exactly what is going to happen now. I’ve been supporting for 41 years and it’s always been the same.

Yes, it has been worse. And yes, there are way worse owners out there than the ones we currently have. But it could also be so, so much better and it’s so depressing to see us falling into this doom spiral yet again with nobody at the club who will a clue how to run the club to change things for the better.

Heavy sigh. 

This is it! Well said. 

I keep meaning to double check but I think no club has spent longer, uninterrupted, in the middle to divisions than City.  
40+ years - it’s almost the definition of a lack of ambition.

it could be worse, I was there in 82… it was worse but the football was better, things got better and ultimately we only ended up there because of gambles made in the top flight…. But at least we were there to gamble… stuff was happening, good and bad but we’ve been stagnant for too long. Sure no one watches football enjoying nothing happening? Effectively the same season over and over again. 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What did he say , I turned off near the end of Manning's bullsh!t

It was a text before the Pyongyang party political broadcast:

‘ Another shambles.  Club is rotten to the core. Wouldn’t trust Lansdown to run a suburban league team. Happy clappers wanting to give Manning the summer are clueless……’

• Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes tend to agree . The whole slide from Div .1 to Div.4 was pretty in inspiring and bottom of Div. 4 a horrid low point. But this seems so self made by the owners and dynamic duo's managerial choices. How long does SL let crayon boy and BT run the show without input ?

A good drop off in ST sales (which will happen), will hopefully make him think, but ultimately he has to go

• Like 1
Just now, lenred said:

‘ Another shambles.  Club is rotten to the core. Wouldn’t trust Lansdown to run a suburban league team. Happy clappers wanting to give Manning the summer are clueless……’

Thanks, I did hear that read out, didn't catch the name.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Manning is gutless.  Take some ‘ing responsibility man.  Every week it’s the same crap.  ‘No belief’?  I wonder why. ‘No quality’? I wonder why. ‘Lack of response to going behind’? I wonder why.  It’s you Manning. ‘Not lost the game because of your tactics’? Well guess what, we have and they are your tactics Manning.  And your ‘plan and pattern’ are complete and utter shite judging by what we have seen.  

When are we going to hear him say I got it wrong? He’d get a modicum of respect if he did but he just cannot do it.  It’s a pathetic trait for a ‘leader’. 

100% this. I thought LJ was bad at throwing his players under the bus, but this PE Teacher is even worse. Take some responsibility. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
46 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve been a supporter for 60 years and there have been some difficult periods but I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.  I’ll go into next season with a season ticket and with optimism, as usual.

Absolutely fantastic that this post got a face palm from one poster.  Says it all about the current climate on OTIB.  So much easier to be negative about a situation than to look for positives.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
17 minutes ago, lenred said:

‘Another shambles.  Club is rotten to the core. Wouldn’t trust Lansdown to run a suburban league team. Happy clappers wanting to give Manning the summer are clueless……’

I reckon "Jon" could be Jon Lansdown !

I admire his somewhat belated honesty.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

This is it! Well said. 

I keep meaning to double check but I think no club has spent longer, uninterrupted, in the middle to divisions than City.  
40+ years - it’s almost the definition of a lack of ambition.

it could be worse, I was there in 82… it was worse but the football was better, things got better and ultimately we only ended up there because of gambles made in the top flight…. But at least we were there to gamble… stuff was happening, good and bad but we’ve been stagnant for too long. Sure no one watches football enjoying nothing happening? Effectively the same season over and over again. 

Was out with a fair few City fans recently.

Half are renewing STs and half are going to just get membership next year. So expect a lot more will do the same. Think we have now hit the tipping point at AG.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Absolutely fantastic that this post got a face palm from one poster.  Says it all about the current climate on OTIB.  So much easier to be negative about a situation than to look for positives.

What are the positives, in your view?

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Agreed, rudderless ship by the Lansdowns. Get him out asap.

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m positive that your post deserved the appropriate reaction 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Can you be specific about what these positives are? I’m a pretty balanced person and my posting history will bear that out, but we only seem to be heading one way, performances and the style of play are getting worse not better, individual players are regressing…. I could go on. What, specifically, are the positives you speak of? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Agreed, rudderless ship by the Lansdowns. Get him out asap.

Again it feels like we skating on very thin ice and a collapse is perilously close every season. Again, another season mid table ish ‘hoping’ for a change of gear that never comes whilst at the same time always worried about what’s behind you in the rear view mirror!! We might have potential and a look of a Rolls Royce on the outside but sadly we’re a horse and cart club driven by Steptoe and Son (before some of you on here’s time) !

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Dropping in Iago from Othello Thursday to this ^ ^ today, you can talk to everyone on here, quality ....

Old Shakey coukd do base comedy too, mind!

In other news, i see the Scotch are going haemward tae think again. Again. And as for the Welsh 😆

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
8 minutes ago, Graham76 said:

When West Brom were 2-0 up they were just walking about, pissing around and doing stupid flicks and tricks. They could have buried us out of sight. Don’t be fooled by the stats. West Brom spent the last 20 minutes in second gear. 

Yep, and if we had managed to nick a goal then it would have just woken them up again.

• Like 2