IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

When the tactics involve losing week after week, when do the players stop believing in the tactics.

Or have they already!

Unfortunately, it looks like sacking Pearson was a major blunder and appointing this bloke has been a disaster.  I hate to say "we told you so".  I can't ever, in nearly 60 years of supporting City remember the fans being so furious about letting a manager go - and you can see that we are getting angrier with every week that passes.

I believe they have.

Taking a small sample of two games, the last two, we actually come to life when we stop trying to play Manning-ball.

The “fact” our head-coach didn’t notice that last Sunday and think about it for yesterday is inexcusable imho.

By all means, go cautious opening 20-mins, quieten the crowd, etc.  but what do you think will happen if you just play “defence””. You concede eventually.  We got lucky v Swansea…or imho the players bailed him out by taking it on themselves to play something akin to a brave approach.  It didn’t come from Manning.

• Like 12
  • Flames 3
17 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Warnock is available and I’d bite your hand off for a bit of the controversy, excitement and intrigue that would bring. I’m so bored of this club right now. A boring manager isn’t helping.

It's a shame, but SL, JL. BT would never let Warnock any where near their precious plaything. Only YES MEN can apply.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's a shame, but SL, JL. BT would never let Warnock any where near their precious plaything. Only YES MEN can apply.

Manning, Lee Johnson and Holden all similar characters. All similar success rate.

Edited by WECANDO
15 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

No, of course we shouldn't. But I do believe it'll get better with time

I don’t see any evidence that it’ll get better . He hasn’t been here for 2 or 3 games. It’s 5 months & the football is regressing . The players clearly don’t believe in his tactics . I’m interested in what you see in the performances to suggest it’ll get better 

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t see any evidence that it’ll get better . He hasn’t been here for 2 or 3 games. It’s 5 months & the football is regressing . The players clearly don’t believe in his tactics . I’m interested in what you see in the performances to suggest it’ll get better 

Likewise.  Time doesn’t seem like it’s the great healer here does it.  It actually points to things getting worse.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
12 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Got a feeling Colin will be in charge til the end of the season at Plymouth very soon.

I was thinking this on my way back last night - sounds like the Argyle fans have really had enough of their new HC too!!! He’s been there even less than Manning has been here!

Our game down there in a couple of weeks time really has got the makings of a VERY big game for both clubs and dare  I say, the HC(s) too

• Like 1

Putting aside all the passive , non football , hold on to what we have nonsense . Back to the game .

I did't think we got much of the run of the ball , the Ref was , well odd too. But their goal , at first I thought Vyner played the lad onside . Not a great angle , but it does look suss from this clip . Would definitely be "interfering" , and it does look off . 

Doesn't excuse the set up or performance though.

Screenshot2024-03-17at16_20_30.thumb.png.4d3ae2badf85a15b5abc9dccaea74e51.png

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 5
21 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Does he know nothing about management?  Working 7to 7 is nothing to boast about.  Evidence suggests a better life balance leads to better management. There is nothing meritorious in working long hours per se.

I don't think we are talking about not understanding management here. What he totally lacks is any of the traits of a leader. Something Nige had and understood. I don't think Liam has studied leadership, too busy working on the grass. 

Fact is the whole club has overlooked the importance of leadership. We have absent people at the top and incompetent people below them in this regard. We are truly rudderless and it will catch up with us next season if nothing changes.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I don't think we are talking about not understanding management here. What he totally lacks is any of the traits of a leader. Something Nige had and understood. I don't think Liam has studied leadership, too busy working on the grass. 

Fact is the whole club has overlooked the importance of leadership. We have absent people at the top and incompetent people below them in this regard. We are truly rudderless and it will catch up with us next season if nothing changes.

Leadership is the most important trait and there is a big lack of this in the club,

All leaders can be a manager but not all managers can be a leader, as someone doing a degree in leadership you can see those traits lacking through the club and its a big part of the reason we are in such a mess

• Like 7