IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

LM quotes from the Post:

“I believe in the lads. It’s a bit of belief, a bit of edge, a bit of arrogance that will change it. We’ve won games already against teams at the top end of the table, so we’ve shown we can do it and we showed today and against Ipswich, for 90 per cent of the game, we’re as good if not better than the opposition. It’s now making sure when you’re on top, and you get your opportunities in key stages of the game that you get what you deserve.”

“I can’t control what the fans think. For me, it’s around sticking together. If players stepped onto the pitch and showed no idea of what they’re trying to do, no plan, no identity, no way of working… then by all means (criticise).

“I don’t waste on energy on it, to be honest, I can control what I can control. I turn up and do my best every day, that’s it, the staff give the players everything, we’re in at 7, we finish at 7 - I think you can see the plan out on the pitch, what we do need is people to step up at key times and that’s the bit we’ll work hard to change and I don’t worry too much about outcomes, I’ve never chased outcomes.

"For me, I concentrate on doing the best job every day. I know the work we do is good, it’s about making sure we get the players in position where they’re making sure they can do it for 100 per cent of the game and not 90.”

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/liam-manning-denies-bristol-citys-9170778

Staggering.

• Haha 6
3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Knight was playing AMC in behind Tommy with two cm behind him 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2 into 3, 3 into 2 isn t it. Or perhaps should be.

4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 ish, 4-4-2 out of possession.

He has been almost a 2nd striker for some time under Manning , I think he's wasted there.  I'd say a little further forward than MF , that 4-4-2 he was alongside TC. 

I thought we looked better with Knight dropping in,  later in the game. Of course it was easier as they were sitting on what they had , but I said the same after Cardiff away. 

I'd be happy so see more of a 4-3-2-1 / 4-3-3 with TGH , Williams , Knight , James and King fighting for the 3 CMF spots.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

LM quotes from the Post:

“I believe in the lads. It’s a bit of belief, a bit of edge, a bit of arrogance that will change it. We’ve won games already against teams at the top end of the table, so we’ve shown we can do it and we showed today and against Ipswich, for 90 per cent of the game, we’re as good if not better than the opposition. It’s now making sure when you’re on top, and you get your opportunities in key stages of the game that you get what you deserve.”

“I can’t control what the fans think. For me, it’s around sticking together. If players stepped onto the pitch and showed no idea of what they’re trying to do, no plan, no identity, no way of working… then by all means (criticise).

“I don’t waste on energy on it, to be honest, I can control what I can control. I turn up and do my best every day, that’s it, the staff give the players everything, we’re in at 7, we finish at 7 - I think you can see the plan out on the pitch, what we do need is people to step up at key times and that’s the bit we’ll work hard to change and I don’t worry too much about outcomes, I’ve never chased outcomes.

"For me, I concentrate on doing the best job every day. I know the work we do is good, it’s about making sure we get the players in position where they’re making sure they can do it for 100 per cent of the game and not 90.”

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/liam-manning-denies-bristol-citys-9170778

Staggering.

Dead man walking speak, I guess he’s starting to feel the pressure. A tonking at home to Leicester will not be what he needs.

14 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

LM quotes from the Post:

Staggering.

Kin’ell, sounds worse written!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Jimmo said:

"We didn't lose today because of tactics, players need to step up"... I'm done with this guy. How about you step up for once and lead by example. 

Comments that will lose the dressing room which can only mean he thinks he’s safe and is planning a clear out in the Summer 

Just got back so haven’t read much of the thread. Very disappointing again, we’re just so passive and our ambition now seems to be limiting the opposition. It always felt that one good bit of play from them or a mistake by us and that would be that. 

We had a go last 20 when twine came on and knight dropped deeper but by then WBA were in cruise control and had dropped down to first gear (from second gear). 

Manning just seems to have sucked all the energy and enthusiasm from the players, fans and the club as a whole. Very disillusioned by it all to be honest. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

LM quotes from the Post:

Staggering.

**** me ragged!

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 4
45 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

LM quotes from the Post:

Staggering.

It’s insulting to hear / read this as a fan, beggars belief how out of touch he is. The bit around sticking together is particularly frustrating because that’s exactly what we had when Pearson was here, and while Manning didn’t make the decision to sack him he sure as hell has torn it apart 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s the spirit. Small club mentality. We only slightly made a game of it after going two down . It’s easier to play then. West Brom were happy to let us have the ball . Pitiful performance . The football is awful 

Perhaps we are a small club. In my 40 years of supporting City. I've seen little evidence to the contrary

Edited by AshtonGreat
56 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

LM quotes from the Post:

Staggering.

8jhhgc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
Just now, AshtonGreat said:

I'm just a realist

No it’s not being realistic . You’re basically saying . Oh we always lose at West Brom . They’re a team in the same league as us . Anyone can be beaten on any given day . It’s a lack of fortitude . We’ve had it for years. Naismith was brilliant after we lost at Leeds . He said (paraphrasing) We get back to 1-1 but there’s a lack of belief we can get anything . It’s like . Oh it’s ok we only lost 2-1 at Leeds . Pearson was changing that slowly. We got that soft underbelly back again . It angers me more than anything else about us . Weak willed , it’s ******* infuriating . 

• Like 6