IGNORED

no robins tv for WBA

Antman

13 hours ago, David Brent said:

It doesn’t seem right that, after paying for a service, it’s taken away. 

It wasn’t ’taken away’ - it wasn’t there in the first place - as per above comments read the T&C’s

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

It wasn’t ’taken away’ - it wasn’t there in the first place - as per above comments read the T&C’s

It's been the same ever since RTV became a thing years ago. They're very clear when you sign up - you don't get games selected for TV.

• Like 1

Definitely not paying for robins tv next season, always seem to be some reason it is not on regularly, sky, abroad broadcast, stream just not working for no obvious reason, vpn issues only with the bcfc stream, etc.... might as well fanny about with the dodgy shit which is what i have to do more often than not lately anyway. The football generally boring me to tears doesnt help either.....

It does p*** me off that, yes it’s in t/c’s, but you never actually know how many that is. This year it’s felt like every other game isn’t available for live nor money, and even when it is, it’s a 70/30 whether Robinstv will actually be working properly. A very poor service for the price. I pay less to watch every single premier league game that ever happens, and yes, I do live abroad! 

There’s a new international TV deal next season too so question whether that may further limit what can be shown on Robins TV. Not clear. 

“The new deals, which represent a 40 per cent rise in overseas TV rights, are in partnership with agencies Pitch International and Relevant Sports with the former distributing rights in Europe, MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa) and rest of world regions while the latter will become the distribution partner throughout North, Central and South America.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/bristol-city-and-bristol-rovers-agree-new-international-tv-rights-deal-with-other-efl-clubs/ar-BB1jn7rQ

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

There’s a new international TV deal next season too so question whether that may further limit what can be shown on Robins TV. Not clear. 

“The new deals, which represent a 40 per cent rise in overseas TV rights, are in partnership with agencies Pitch International and Relevant Sports with the former distributing rights in Europe, MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa) and rest of world regions while the latter will become the distribution partner throughout North, Central and South America.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/bristol-city-and-bristol-rovers-agree-new-international-tv-rights-deal-with-other-efl-clubs/ar-BB1jn7rQ

Actually it says this on the EFL link so it will depend how many ‘exclusive’ TV matches there will be next season. 

Streaming to Continue 

As part of the new agreements, EFL clubs will be able to continue international streaming services direct to fans overseas, where matches are not being broadcast exclusively, enabling those based abroad the chance to watch their team’s matches throughout the whole season. 

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/march/05/efl-agrees-innovative-new-international-tv-rights-deals/

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

I wasn’t aware the game would not be available until after I had paid my monthly subscription fee. I’m fully aware of what I’ve chosen to sign up to though thanks. I’m not asking for a refund. 

I assumed my fee would cover X amount of games. Not X minus 1. The game was ‘taken away’ when it was selected for overseas broadcast. Those games are not shown on Robins TV

13 minutes ago, RedUpNorth said:

There shouldn't be an excuse for the Robins "TV" audio stream not being available though!

I’m listening to it on the City website (but it’s not on the app for some reason) 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Thanks 22A tell you what the WBA commentary was pretty unflattering about us, including ‘terrible’, and  ‘fortunate to have stayed in the Championship so long’.

Anyone know why WBA TV could show the game while Robins TV couldn’t?