IGNORED

Mebude

GrahamC

Just now, Benneythered said:

I have a feeling he was brought in to keep the fans happy in seeing a player coming in, nothing else.

No, he was a player Manning scouted extensively last season. At least that is what Manning said. So I assume he rated him. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, Henry said:

He’ll be a great pub quiz answer in 20 years time.

’what is the name of the loanee who came on to help secure our historic 3-0 victory against Southampton in 2024?’

You sure you’re not Tinnion?

It was 3-1..

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Amazing window was January! We signed 5 players with not one of them getting any game time and two of which we loaned back despite clearly needing them ! 

Don’t worry. Brian was thrilled with our January business and there’s a £1m fee agreed to sign Mebude in the summer. 

The general consensus was that he was out of his depth when he came on against QPR and clearly Manning agrees. 

It's all very well mentioning Yeboah and Nelson but nothing we've seen from Manning suggests that they'd have got any more minutes than Mebude has.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Amazing window was January! We signed 5 players with not one of them getting any game time and two of which we loaned back despite clearly needing them ! 

It was shocking, twine being out couldnt have been predicted, but the lack of a front line striker coming in was disastrous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The general consensus was that he was out of his depth when he came on against QPR and clearly Manning agrees. 

It's all very well mentioning Yeboah and Nelson but nothing we've seen from Manning suggests that they'd have got any more minutes than Mebude has.

So why bother wasting the money on a loan signing 

In fairness, I don't mind the Mebude signing.

A young player with a good CV in youth football, who we brought in to have a look at. If it doesn't work out, we simply don't activate the option to buy and cut our (very small) losses. If it does work out, we may have unearthed an absolute gem to sign on a permenant at a discount price. I can at least see the logic behind the decision to bring him in on loan.

Granted, it doesn't seem to be working out for him here, but it was a low-risk high-reward punt. 

I think the Twine signing seemed much less sensibile. We knew we were going nowhere this season. We knew we almost certainly won't be able to sign him on a permenant this summer. So why waste the money on bringing him in for a few months?

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 1