IGNORED

Emotion

Harry

I honestly think he’s the worst manager we’ve had in my timeframe. He ranks lower than Pulis for me. He’s constantly and publicly criticising players whilst holding on to him having done nothing wrong. 

Sling your fking hook, Liam. You are not only a piss poor manager, a terrible man manager, you’re clearly a complete helmet which thinks the sun shines out of your own backside too. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Did we not do any background on this bloke before hiring him!

How on earth did this guy get to pick and train our team

He trots out the same crap every week with no recognizable personality. Which surprise surprise shows up in our team each week

What has happened TGH Knight and particularly Conway. The latter is a shadow of the player he was! 

Christ someone make this stop!

Edited by Moderator
Reference to autism removed
  • Facepalm 1

On my way back to Devon after what was yet another lacklustre performance from my team - we are only gone one way under Manning and it’s not up!

I have to say, as many others have said, this is the most disconnected and disillusioned I have felt about City in a long, long time. 

Not a great time to be trying to entice Season Tickets sales.

Just want the season to be over and see how we embark on revitalising a squad which is clearly nowhere near being a Top 6 team that the owners think we are….

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

We keep hearing Liam Nothing (sorry Manning) say how he’s always trying to make sure the players take the emotion out of the game. 

I don’t like this approach. Emotion is part of football. Sometimes it can affect you poorly but in my experience it can also have as much of a positive effect than a negative one. 

I actually WANT to see my team playing WITH emotion. Not without it. 

I’ve really had enough of this bloke. 

We also hear him say “at half time we spoke about how we might think about how to engage higher”. 
No no no!! It’s your effing job to TELL them how to engage higher. Not have a polite feckin conversation about it. 

Enough. Honestly. 

You have VAR taking the emotion out of the game at the top level and our manager taking it out of our club 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He's been a success for me. I felt little or no emotion after today's defeat. Trust the process people, you'll all feel nothing after games in due course. These things take time. 😁

And when it’s really ingrained, eventually feel nothing… and stop bother going! 😁

Edited by Sturgess

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

We keep hearing Liam Nothing (sorry Manning) say how he’s always trying to make sure the players take the emotion out of the game. 

I don’t like this approach. Emotion is part of football. Sometimes it can affect you poorly but in my experience it can also have as much of a positive effect than a negative one. 

We also hear him say “at half time we spoke about how we might think about how to engage higher”. 
No no no!! It’s your effing job to TELL them how to engage higher. Not have a polite feckin conversation about it. 

Enough. Honestly. 

Exactly. 
Take the emotion out of the players, then don’t expect the fans to get emotional and make noise.

Liverpool winning in Istanbul is a perfect example of emotion winning you the game. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Enough. Honestly. 

Bang on Harry. 

Manning makes Sean O’Dismal look like he was founder of the crazy gang he lacks that much emotion. It’s reflecting badly now.

Enough of this shit show. He needs to be sacked.

Edited by Taylor10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I honestly think he’s the worst manager we’ve had in my timeframe. He ranks lower than Pulis for me.

Er, I'm not a Manning form but that statement is well OTT for me.  Pulis brought in a load of old crocks and we limped on playing hoofball in L1 losing to the  likes of Cambridge, Northampton - and the Gash!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Given the constraints Nige had with bringing in new players, he had no choice but to build and mould a team that was all about passion/emotion/work ethic. 

So what does this club do? Bring in a new guy who quickly strips us of our main strength and turns us into an absolute soft touch. 

Infuriating.

• Like 10
  • Flames 6

https://x.com/foxpunter/status/1722231707221606458?s=20

This was posted by someone on here a while ago and a lot of it rings true for me.

As fans we might not agree with everything he does tactically but I do think he knows what he's doing from that perspective. However, it's all very robotic, predictable and he really doesn't seem to consider the human side of things. There have been far too many games that have just drifted away from us and I can't help but think Pearson would have at least provided a much needed half time bollocking or an early couple of subs to at least try and shake things up. It's not to say it would have worked every time but under Manning we are far too easy to play against because teams will know almost to the minute what we will try and do. Fine if you're Pep and Man City but we definitely aren't at that level!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I honestly think he’s the worst manager we’ve had in my timeframe. He ranks lower than Pulis for me. He’s constantly and publicly criticising players whilst holding on to him having done nothing wrong. 

Sling your fking hook, Liam. You are not only a piss poor manager, a terrible man manager, you’re clearly a complete helmet which thinks the sun shines out of your own backside too. 

I'd welcome back the bullshitting hobbit, if it meant getting rid of the Manningbot (and that's saying something)

• Like 2

Passion is an emotion, and a strong one at that. I want to see a City side play with passion, fire in the belly, call it what you will. If you tell the players to control their emotions, you take away that edge IMO. That’s been a consistent in Manning’s time here and a polar opposite of the miserly side Pearson built. Manning out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Did we not do any background on this bloke before hiring him!

How on earth did this guy get to pick and train our team

The bloke, to me at least, appears to be/is on the Autism spectrum! 

He trots out the same crap every week with no recognizable personality. Which surprise surprise shows up in our team each week

What has happened TGH Knight and particularly Conway. The latter is a shadow of the player he was! 

Christ someone make this stop!

Well done, you’ve won the **** of the day award by an absolute mile! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Firstyardleftinbed said:

https://x.com/foxpunter/status/1722231707221606458?s=20

This was posted by someone on here a while ago and a lot of it rings true for me.

As fans we might not agree with everything he does tactically but I do think he knows what he's doing from that perspective. However, it's all very robotic, predictable and he really doesn't seem to consider the human side of things. There have been far too many games that have just drifted away from us and I can't help but think Pearson would have at least provided a much needed half time bollocking or an early couple of subs to at least try and shake things up. It's not to say it would have worked every time but under Manning we are far too easy to play against because teams will know almost to the minute what we will try and do. Fine if you're Pep and Man City but we definitely aren't at that level!

Yeah that was me.

I haven’t listened to the post match yet (building up to it), but I have made the point before that sometimes Liam uses the word “emotion” in place of things like “switched off” - and it’s the worst word to use for the exact reasons @Harry says. But I’m coming to the conclusion that not only is he not a good fit here, which was my initial thought, but just not very good at this lark full stop.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Er, I'm not a Manning form but that statement is well OTT for me.  Pulis brought in a load of old crocks and we limped on playing hoofball in L1 losing to the  likes of Cambridge, Northampton - and the Gash!

I get that Robbo. TP was an absolute sag agent and the football under him was dross, but the regression under manning and seeing him completely devalue our players such as Conway and to see him completely hammer a squad full of young players publicly when it’s clear to all that he’s the problem makes me dislike him so much. 

2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I get that Robbo. TP was an absolute sag agent and the football under him was dross, but the regression under manning and seeing him completely devalue our players such as Conway and to see him completely hammer a squad full of young players publicly when it’s clear to all that he’s the problem makes me dislike him so much. 

I couldn't stand Pulis (and SOD) more - but they failed at a lower level than Manning is. Maybe, if we were somehow getting relegated this season under another manager (post Pearson) Manning might be fine in League One with us. But he patently ain't at Championship level.  

I don't hate the bloke, like some do, but he just isn't good enough (and I wonder if he'll ever be) to manage at Tier 2. 

2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

its not just him tho, its the maestro of all football knowledge guiding him. no way on this earth would any manager in this league stick to one plan if their job depended on it. they all try different things to get results. he must have some sort of dont worry about results clause in his contract.

• Like 2